sUp5rET.png

Changes that has to happen that both parties "Illegal and LEO" agree on.

Keep Wanted Criminal Rule?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr

Discussion

So in this thread you can all post what you think must change and what you think should remain the same.
If you're saying that everything is all right then its clearly wrong.
Cops and Robbers - Yes kind of is but still is a RP server aswell. We have to draw a line somewhere.
You may copy your posts from previous thread under "Wanted Criminal"

Throw your ideas in this thread. What should be done to avoid all those shootouts etc?​

Last edited by a moderator:

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
I think we all should make changes. Whatever I gotta change as an LEO to get the criminal activity down just a couple notches, and get some actual pd rp, yall let me know. but the rules that were changed earlier today, im told were effective.

Serket

Donator
Make weapons harder to get, make CK’s more serious. Tbh main reason all these recent shootouts been happening it’s because criminals do it and get away with it. Even when they die or lose the sit normally gets voided or they just PK’ed. So take CK rules more seriously and then they know they must not shoot unless it’s a live or die situation.

Also, more staff activity regarding reports and tickets, gets kinda frustrating If i just got dm’ed for example and no one’s there taking my report so I’d have to ask for someone to come specifically or make a ticket for such a simple issue.

I_Am_Train

Right, gonna start this off with a message to everyone that intends to post. In the past this kind of thread has been a place for people to bitch about past situations. Try and keep the thread legit. Speak about rules that you have an issue with, we are not asking for you to solve the problem just voice an opinion.
Do not bring up past rp situations, all they do is bring up bad blood and start arguments.
Do not insult eachother, we are all mates here. let the past be the past and try to work together to make MTARP great again

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I'll try keeping this as short as possible for you.

The first thing that's bothering me is the number of weapons in game. As hopzzz said, every single criminal owns weapons, and not just any but the big ones, such as M4's and AK's. Now that's bullshit because I remember back in the day it was nearly impossible to get to those unless you'd find a BigJ user, or become one. I've roleplayed in the Dinapoli's for ages and only the highest ranks got to wield those baddies, and that wasn't just a thing in Dinapoli family. That obviously indicates that something has changed since those times, something new was implemented where you can get such weapons. All I know is that Jockeyzz implemented some sort of bitcoin system (not really sure) through which you can acquire weapons. Maybe that system allows players to easily work their way to weapons, since like you say, "everyone has more than one". Unless I'm missing something, fixing that (ie. making it harder) should prevent further gun outrages like these.

Next, let us discuss pull overs. I played on both sides and know how this usually goes down. PD pulls over a criminal for speeding (that was probably intentional in the first place), then the PD most likely already knows he has a weapon and will start evading soon, but since it'll be PG, he must approach the vehicle on foot. Criminal starts escaping, PD rushes into his car and puts up his beacon, and if lucky enough he can follow him the next few minutes before he fully evades. Then the criminal is somehow found again speeding or just passing by the PD, and the chase starts again. Now, this has a few different outcomes, so I'll try and narrow it down to the most important ones for this topic. First one would be that the criminal actually messes up and crashes or gets cornered, where he would either get his buddies to help him by shooting down PD or do a solo shootout himself. The second one would be that the criminal keeps evading and the PD eventually gets bored of it and gives up.
I coloured all the actions that shouldn't be allowed and are, by our server rules, prohibited and jailable. These are provoking, and shouldn't even be discussed with any players above 50 hours of gameplay. This is also a less obvious act of provoking, but sure enough a significant one. Hardly anyone IRL would evade PD because he has a weapon on him while he's in a vehicle. He'd accept the ticket or at least decently hide his weapon somewhere in the vehicle. Lastly for criminals, we have first resort. It might seem like "last resort" actually because he's cornered and has no other way, but I say bullshit. He can just as easily accept his 24-hour jail and accept losing his vehicle because of shitty driving (or steal it back from the impound lot like Dinapoli's did lmao). I know this one cannot be changed, but I just wanted to let criminals know that it's not that bad to accept the jail and later on live with a clear name. The last one goes to PD, and it kinda bothers me. I realize that a single cop cannot chase the same guy over and over again for a full hour, but at least put out an APB on it, we have it for a reason. And no matter how many times he escapes, it's your duty to bring the lawbreaker to justice. I'm not on either sides, and can with confidence say it's pretty much the criminals breaking the server rules, or at least bypassing them in a cheeky way. But can we really blame them for that? Like I said, it has always been like that and it always will be like that, it has become a routine to be like that on MTARP. PD on the other side almost has no members, and for a good reason. Criminals can always get a shitton of weapons, vehicles and even partners in crime, while PD is limited to cruisers and, if lucky enough, M4's from their /duty.

I know there'll be disagreements with what I've just wrote, but that's just the opinion I've acquired throughout these years. There's much more to be discussed, but this is a good start. If you agree with me, I'll gladly make more suggestions on how to change that and make it more acceptable for both parties.

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator

The first thing that's bothering me is the number of weapons in game. As hopzzz said, every single criminal owns weapons, and not just any but the big ones, such as M4's and AK's. Now that's bullshit because I remember back in the day it was nearly impossible to get to those unless you'd find a BigJ user, or become one. I've roleplayed in the Dinapoli's for ages and only the highest ranks got to wield those baddies, and that wasn't just a thing in Dinapoli family. That obviously indicates that something has changed since those times, something new was implemented where you can get such weapons. All I know is that Jockeyzz implemented some sort of bitcoin system (not really sure) through which you can acquire weapons. Maybe that system allows players to easily work their way to weapons, since like you say, "everyone has more than one". Unless I'm missing something, fixing that (ie. making it harder) should prevent further gun outrages like these.

Next, let us discuss pull overs. I played on both sides and know how this usually goes down. PD pulls over a criminal for speeding (that was probably intentional in the first place), then the PD most likely already knows he has a weapon and will start evading soon, but since it'll be PG, he must approach the vehicle on foot. Criminal starts escaping, PD rushes into his car and puts up his beacon, and if lucky enough he can follow him the next few minutes before he fully evades. Then the criminal is somehow found again speeding or just passing by the PD, and the chase starts again. Now, this has a few different outcomes, so I'll try and narrow it down to the most important ones for this topic. First one would be that the criminal actually messes up and crashes or gets cornered, where he would either get his buddies to help him by shooting down PD or do a solo shootout himself. The second one would be that the criminal keeps evading and the PD eventually gets bored of it and gives up.
I coloured all the actions that shouldn't be allowed and are, by our server rules, prohibited and jailable. These are provoking, and shouldn't even be discussed with any players above 50 hours of gameplay. This is also a less obvious act of provoking, but sure enough a significant one. Hardly anyone IRL would evade PD because he has a weapon on him while he's in a vehicle. He'd accept the ticket or at least decently hide his weapon somewhere in the vehicle. Lastly for criminals, we have first resort. It might seem like "last resort" actually because he's cornered and has no other way, but I say bullshit. He can just as easily accept his 24-hour jail and accept losing his vehicle because of shitty driving (or steal it back from the impound lot like Dinapoli's did lmao). I know this one cannot be changed, but I just wanted to let criminals know that it's not that bad to accept the jail and later on live with a clear name. The last one goes to PD, and it kinda bothers me. I realize that a single cop cannot chase the same guy over and over again for a full hour, but at least put out an APB on it, we have it for a reason. And no matter how many times he escapes, it's your duty to bring the lawbreaker to justice. I'm not on either sides, and can with confidence say it's pretty much the criminals breaking the server rules, or at least bypassing them in a cheeky way. But can we really blame them for that? Like I said, it has always been like that and it always will be like that, it has become a routine to be like that on MTARP. PD on the other side almost has no members, and for a good reason. Criminals can always get a shitton of weapons, vehicles and even partners in crime, while PD is limited to cruisers and, if lucky enough, M4's from their /duty.

I know there'll be disagreements with what I've just wrote, but that's just the opinion I've acquired throughout these years. There's much more to be discussed, but this is a good start. If you agree with me, I'll gladly make more suggestions on how to change that and make it more acceptable for both parties.

This.

I_Am_Train

So I read your response twice now and I just wanted to summaries it, make some suggestions and hopefully get a single response back on what you think.

Guns within the community - This is a problem, the server in my opinion, should not have any higher grade weapons than an Uzi/Tec 9 for criminals and an MP5 for PD (With an exception for Swat who do have M4 and snipers). I believe the problem you have with criminals and there huge stock of weapons comes from the stat transfer system, in which no weapons are lost from character to character even if they are CK'd.
When it comes to Big J I am in half minds, it is the only way for normal criminals to get weapons while working in an rp manner to get them. However, the fact that it appears in the same place at the same time does make it too easy.
Also, what ever happened to detectives in the PD, detectives could have a huge part to play in infiltrating and locating these masses of weapons in an RP manner.

Provoking - This is a toughie, In any given situation there are a least 2 people, 1 criminal/civilian and the other a police officer. While provoking is a general term it can be different to both PD and Criminals and furthermore the person playing the PD or criminal (ie 2 cops may have different opinions on what constitutes as provoking). If a person is provoking PD, then it should be an IC issue for the PD to deal with, however admin should keep watch if a player tends to do this often, however it is not the admins job to get the criminal off the street.
PD should treat each and every "Provoking" player as an IC issue and respond accordingly, allowing time for the admin to access or not if that person is doing this on purpose and often, instead of the PD reporting first and awaiting the admin to deal with it, If we allow time for admins to think this through and give harsher punishmments then hopefully it will happen less often.
After all, if your playing a young black gangster in the game, more than likely you will not like the cops IC'ly and your childish attitude will lead you into confrontations with officers that is provoking but Rp none the less(not encouraging provoking but pointing out that young people do often provoke police IRL). The real question should be, is this form of provoking out of character and does it seem to happen often with this account.

First Resort - First resort is also a tough one. My thinking on the matter is that if you have exhausted all other forms of escape then by definition your first resort was to run not shoot. After all this is an RP server so if you wanna pull your gun after you failed to escape then you are within your right. The problem I have however is the unwillingness of players to accept the facts. Once both PD and criminals start shooting it is a CK SITUATION, if you die thats it, no OOC chat about it, no pms, no reports. Just accept what happened and move on.
I would love to see OOC chat be turned off completely and only be activated when the admin uses a command to allow players to talk in OOC chat. But I doubt that will happen.

and can with confidence say it's pretty much the criminals breaking the server rules, or at least bypassing them in a cheeky way.
Yeah, I get what your saying here but the rules are very much focused against criminals in the server. I feel as if PD are overlooked in their rule breaking quite alot due to the fact that they are the law in the server, basically keeping it from being 100% criminal

Lemme know what you think.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
What Luka said is nice in theory, however all it takes is one cop MGing to ruin it all. Unfortunately with the current playerbase and staff, the quality of roleplay will be difficult to improve. However, here's some things that should be changed, in my own opinion.
1. All factions should be held to certain standard of roleplay. A certain amount of jails / warns etc and the faction is closed or put under new management. This should also apply to individual members. (probably a rule about this but not enforced)
2. Stop letting people get away with warnings for breaking RP rules. Jail them, or else they will just do it again (speaking from experience)
3. Start initiatives to bring former players and staff back to the server (maybe offer vpoint bonus for accounts created before a certain date who are just returning? idk)
4. Stop letting admins get away with being lazy. I wont name names, but just recently a Head Admin crashed himself out of the game because he didn't want to deal with a new player, telling me "just let someone else deal with him" when I pmed on discord.
5. Get a new community manager. (You asked. I have a feeling there's a reason players have been waaaay down in the last week. :confused: p.s banning me wont help either tytyty)

The simple fact of the matter is; people don't need to roleplay for money and the economy is 100% stagnant. Unfortunately with micro transactions being a thing, there's nothing we can do about this unless we remove the reasons people use these micro transactions. People don't need to work for money unless they want to buy speedmodded cars or gated properties, and the only way to make good money is by reselling these things. Even with 2-3million in the bank, you can still buy mostly everything you need in the script (items in shops, unowned properties etc)

I think there should be another "db error" and everyone should magically be reset to 20m. That's the only time i've ever seen people motivated to roleplay for money. GTA:Online is a perfect example. When it opened, people were doing jobs together and making clubs, trying to figure out the best way to make their money. But ever since they started giving away shark cards with game purchases it has turned into a guided missile fest.

hopzzz

I appreciate your concerns - opinions on what needs to be changed, we are still looking for more of them. Everything will be considered also in the administration to team to see how they feel about these issues.

We are still looking for solutions to these problems.

Speeding tickets have been / will be lowered in no-time. (Overload told me he will do it).

I_Am_Train

I think there should be another "db error" and everyone should magically be reset to 20m. That's the only time i've ever seen people motivated to roleplay for money. GTA:Online is a perfect example. When it opened, people were doing jobs together and making clubs, trying to figure out the best way to make their money. But ever since they started giving away shark cards with game purchases it has turned into a guided missile fest.

Why not just a complete financial breakdown, starting everyone from a fresh 20k or so?
Having 20 mil allows players to live off interest and buy things in bulk to sell and make the lost money back. Furthermore, why not cap all players to a max amount in the bank upto 5 mil?
This along with removing money making systems within perks would make sure everyone is back on an even playing field
Although if this were ever to happen, it would have to be agreed by everyone to avoid alot of QQ

hopzzz

Why not just a complete financial breakdown, starting everyone from a fresh 20k or so?
Having 20 mil allows players to live off interest and buy things in bulk to sell and make the lost money back. Furthermore, why not cap all players to a max amount in the bank upto 5 mil?
This along with removing money making systems within perks would make sure everyone is back on an even playing field
Although if this were ever to happen, it would have to be agreed by everyone to avoid alot of QQ

The problem with this is -

This has been tried in the past. Tried the whole reset - Then tried removing some amount of money - Tried removing money making perks - Removed F5 completely.

Nothing this worked, the playerbase stayed at 2-3 daily.

AND I wasn't CM at that moment so that was definetely not a problem.

Im pretty sure there will not be any reset or something like that. Everyone likes money so when we higher the taxes/speeding tickets/vehicle prices - pretty much we try to raise anything there will be alot of QQ. And I mean ALOT OF.

Removing Speedmodded cars - Not a chance - Might've made it so it would be possible to buy it for IG $, but for a high price.(Just an idea).

Also we can higher the gun prices, but players have already enough guns to live out rest of their lives. So we have to think about something to get them sell/remove/lose their guns.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I don't feel like wasting time on writing essays that probably won't change a thing so I'll just respond in the most general way to Majachie and I_am_Legend.
I hope you're aware of the current state of this server when it comes to its growth and development. There are roleplay servers out there way more developed and higher in RP standards than MTARP, and almost everyone knows that by now. MTARP has almost no chance of catching up with those servers (unless the community manager/server owner hired professional developers, but we're here trying to make money, not lose it right?), especially when it comes to development. Now tell me, if you made a reset on everyone's characters, how many of them would continue roleplaying on MTARP that still works on minorly updated VaIhaIIa scripts and a toxic community in general (no offence, but that's pretty noticeable from these troll comments and people arguing on every thread), when there's a nice community with constantly updated and stable scripts just next door? Let's be real here, even the most dedicated players won't stick around (I'm looking at you DrJoseEvil).

Like I said, keep it as cops and robbers, that's my suggestion for keeping MTARP alive. I wish you best of luck :)

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
I don't feel like wasting time on writing essays that probably won't change a thing so I'll just respond in the most general way to Majachie and I_am_Legend.
I hope you're aware of the current state of this server when it comes to its growth and development. There are roleplay servers out there way more developed and higher in RP standards than MTARP, and almost everyone knows that by now. MTARP has almost no chance of catching up with those servers (unless the community manager/server owner hired professional developers, but we're here trying to make money, not lose it right?), especially when it comes to development. Now tell me, if you made a reset on everyone's characters, how many of them would continue roleplaying on MTARP that still works on minorly updated VaIhaIIa scripts and a toxic community in general (no offence, but that's pretty noticeable from these troll comments and people arguing on every thread), when there's a nice community with constantly updated and stable scripts just next door? Let's be real here, even the most dedicated players won't stick around (I'm looking at you DrJoseEvil).

Like I said, keep it as cops and robbers, that's my suggestion for keeping MTARP alive. I wish you best of luck :)

Absolutely. If this server has any hope of existing in the long term, that's the change that must be done. Embrace it, and let the roleplayers go elsewhere.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
What Luka said is nice in theory, however all it takes is one cop MGing to ruin it all. Unfortunately with the current playerbase and staff, the quality of roleplay will be difficult to improve. However, here's some things that should be changed, in my own opinion.
1. All factions should be held to certain standard of roleplay. A certain amount of jails / warns etc and the faction is closed or put under new management. This should also apply to individual members. (probably a rule about this but not enforced)
2. Stop letting people get away with warnings for breaking RP rules. Jail them, or else they will just do it again (speaking from experience)
3. Start initiatives to bring former players and staff back to the server (maybe offer vpoint bonus for accounts created before a certain date who are just returning? idk)
4. Stop letting admins get away with being lazy. I wont name names, but just recently a Head Admin crashed himself out of the game because he didn't want to deal with a new player, telling me "just let someone else deal with him" when I pmed on discord.
5. Get a new community manager. (You asked. I have a feeling there's a reason players have been waaaay down in the last week. :confused: p.s banning me wont help either tytyty)

The simple fact of the matter is; people don't need to roleplay for money and the economy is 100% stagnant. Unfortunately with micro transactions being a thing, there's nothing we can do about this unless we remove the reasons people use these micro transactions. People don't need to work for money unless they want to buy speedmodded cars or gated properties, and the only way to make good money is by reselling these things. Even with 2-3million in the bank, you can still buy mostly everything you need in the script (items in shops, unowned properties etc)

I agree with you till a certain extend. This is not a rant or anything, it's simply stating the facts. But the majority of the time it's either me online or one other head/supervisor online. This needs to change, when you deal with lower player bases you can't afford having a staff team that's barely present.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
I agree with you till a certain extend. This is not a rant or anything, it's simply stating the facts. But the majority of the time it's either me online or one other head/supervisor online. This needs to change, when you deal with lower player bases you can't afford having a staff team that's barely present.

have you guys thought maybe the issue isn't the players and maybe its the admin team, just a thought

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
have you guys thought maybe the issue isn't the players and maybe its the admin team, just a thought

The last time I remember this server being really active at all was when we ran it...

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
The last time I remember this server being really active at all was when we ran it...

giphy.gif

sUp5rET.png