sUp5rET.png

Getting Back At It?

Are you looking at becoming more active?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Why Don't We Get Back At It? I Mean We're All Advocates Of The Great Nostalgia Of MTA:RP, Nothing Stops Us From From Continuing Though.

THE NOSTALGIA
I don't know man. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels the same way. Back in the day, I was merely a broke teen who couldn't afford the fancy games of the time. MTA was a good compensation, I discovered MTA:RP around the same time as I downloaded MTA. Around 2012. Didn't start off with much, as I was shit at RP'ing and didn't grasp the concept early. But eventually I grew on it, one thing lead to another and all of a sudden I'm only playing MTA:RP on my mid level gaming rig lol. Funny. The amount of High School tests I failed due to pulling all-nighters on this server is insane, was totally worth it at the time though. Created brilliant gaming memories. I'm pretty sure we all have stories surrounding this community, but why can't we continue?

GROWING UP
My reason(s) for reduced RP here is quite simple. When I reached the end of High School, I focused on more partying, studying for tests and so. By the time I finished high school around 2017. The average player count on the server was like 50 players max. I tried to get back in to things, started off with legal RP and so. As I got more involved, the player count just decreased. I guess it was due to FiveM/RageMP being in the picture. I am not sure. It was saddening to see though, since the RP vibes were nice. Considering the game's graphics looking shit lol.

REVIVING THIS PLACE
We all got our stories. We know this community is hella nostalgic. I mean the discord is flooded with old screenshots. Do you want to keep it nostalgic? Or continue playing? I mean I've been asking some players this question, most replied "I want to play, but I just don't have time bro" or shit like that. Then five minutes later you see on their discord "Playing FiveM/RageMP" fuck even rocket league and league of legends kek lmao. Some folks even say, "but there's no players on?". I mean if those very same folks who say that just join, there will probably be about 15-25 players online lol.

I mean the stats did reset. Hundred percent and boohoo. But remember, you drive the role-play. The stats don't. You decide where you take your character. Not the stats. I've been on lately for a few hours every night on my SAES char. Doing some passive RP, if you want in. Just join kek.

(Also, send some nostalgic screenshots in the reply. They are dope :s. Love you bye lol)

I would love to keep it both nostalgic and playable. many hours spent roleplaying with everyone in this community. its kept me sane irl a lot of times and with the world how it is right now... i think we can all use it in our lives again.

Thank You! see you ig

Soda

Donator
Donator
The nostalgia is all I want lol. I've played Multi Theft Auto Roleplay / Joined the community at the age of 11-13, and I used to spend my nights (school nights at that) playing til' I got yelled to get off, with 20 fps happily. I now am 22 years old and have a fire PC i'd love to use on Multi Theft Auto Roleplay. I just hope this plan falls through.

jameshargus

Los Santos Police Department
I couldn't agree with you more Buddy. This place has great history because of the people. The nostalgia is what keeps this place going and I believe once people realize the reset may not be such a bad thing, we can all move forward and grow again. It may be just what we needed to finally get things going again - slowly, but surely.

This was only a little over a year ago I lost all my screenshots on my old PC, but heres a fun video

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
By doing a reset before any other steps were taken to draw players back, Management is restricting the demographic of players that would actually want to come back. Why would people who have donated thousands of dollars want to log into their empty account? It's not about the stats, its about nostalgia, just like you said. How are people supposed to experience the only thing that draws them back to the server if they don't have the means to play like they did back in the day?

Unfortunately there won't be a playerbase without a rollback. THEN once the community is somewhat active again, a reset could be polled. As of right now, it seems like the only motivation management had to perform a reset is to draw donations from people that want stats back.

It seems like management thinks stats have a direct link to the FailRP-fest the server once was. The correct way around this issue would be to start initiatives to increase quality of roleplay and stricter punishments for rulebreaks, not a reset. I've said it once and i've said it again, stats are only relevant to your roleplay if you want them to be. In similar RP communities on different games, it is commonplace for characters to be loaded rich OOCly just from playtime, stat transfers, etcetera. BUT the majority of players don't go out and buy exotic vehicles and huge mansions because it doesn't fit their character ICly. Staying true to their character and having organic development through roleplay is more important than showing off for others. Unfortunately with the state of roleplay quality here, players are unable to have this kind of restraint and everyone feels the need to have gated compounds with hundreds of vehicles. People would rather be CEO King Shit of Turd Island than develop a unique character through roleplay. I'm guilty of this too, but that's because that is what the server turned into. There will never be positive advancement in a revive unless this mindset is moved away from, stats don't matter.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
By doing a reset before any other steps were taken to draw players back, Management is restricting the demographic of players that would actually want to come back. Why would people who have donated thousands of dollars want to log into their empty account? It's not about the stats, its about nostalgia, just like you said. How are people supposed to experience the only thing that draws them back to the server if they don't have the means to play like they did back in the day?

Unfortunately there won't be a playerbase without a rollback. THEN once the community is somewhat active again, a reset could be polled. As of right now, it seems like the only motivation management had to perform a reset is to draw donations from people that want stats back.

It seems like management thinks stats have a direct link to the FailRP-fest the server once was. The correct way around this issue would be to start initiatives to increase quality of roleplay and stricter punishments for rulebreaks, not a reset. I've said it once and i've said it again, stats are only relevant to your roleplay if you want them to be. In similar RP communities on different games, it is commonplace for characters to be loaded rich OOCly just from playtime, stat transfers, etcetera. BUT the majority of players don't go out and buy exotic vehicles and huge mansions because it doesn't fit their character ICly. Staying true to their character and having organic development through roleplay is more important than showing off for others. Unfortunately with the state of roleplay quality here, players are unable to have this kind of restraint and everyone feels the need to have gated compounds with hundreds of vehicles. People would rather be CEO King Shit of Turd Island than develop a unique character through roleplay. I'm guilty of this too, but that's because that is what the server turned into. There will never be positive advancement in a revive unless this mindset is moved away from, stats don't matter.

This :)

Deli

The player base isn't there anymore. Everyone has grown up and moved on. We've all played GTA:SA growing up and we've all officially grown up. Everyone has families now and no longer games. A great example of this theory is LS-RP, it was a SAMP server that used to average 600 players back in 2015 and now it has shut down due to low player count. Ironically it averaged 100 players a day and still shut down, this server has what, 0 daily and somehow still open lol. A lot of the current generation is now playing GTA5, even the oldies that have stuck around, simply due to what the program has to offer. Unfortunately, we all miss GTA:SA and it's simplicity, but it's time to move on. I hate to see this server die because it was the first RP server I ever joined, but it's inevitable.

You guys are preaching a reset, but the player base is simply not here anymore.

Now that were all old and shit lol

maybe we can setup like weekend events to where they are announced like a week or two ahead of time and we can make time to show up and hang out with all our old gaming buddys. and maybe talk our new friends into checking it out as well. idk but its always fun to hop in every so often and play around lol

sUp5rET.png