sUp5rET.png

2015 - New Year, New Us

The philosophical bias you're talking about is completely irrelevant of the bias I'm talking of, I'm saying that if you're an administrator, and you got a report from me, a friend per say, and another person, you should always review the situation AS IS and not favor my side because I'm your friend, that's the sort of bias I'm talking of.

And here's what an opinion looks like:
"I disagree with this, this and that because of this, this and that."
Not:
"No, haha"

It is quite obvious one of those two opinions cares about moving the server and ideas offered forwards, while the other does not care.
Also, with stricter FRT rules, faction leaders will ensure that they actually keep the RP level of their members upwards; fearing for a faction strike. I still do stand by the FRT being extremely strict.

Alright. Well you are still wrong about the bias I was talking about, wasn't using it in a philosophical sense...philosophy ≠ epistemology (have similarities and do cross over but aren't the same)

I do understand the style of bias you are speaking of and it should be reduced but life ain't perfect and may be hard for SOME admins to comprehend. What you said about the analogy of an admins friend and what not, is not true. I've seen many admins introduce their friends who don't get the concept of rules and rp and those admins, instead of insta-jail and all, they actually took time to teach those players and the players' rp quality and rule following is increasing exponentially. You should actually try to be an admin, you'd do a great job at it.

With the FRT rules, the faction leaders do try their best but to an extent, without the members with lower rp skills, factions will soon shrink due to the number of players to use. Wait and see until you become a faction leader of >25 members (I was lses commissioner when it reached 30-41 members and we were still running without strikes [until a couple of times when admins caught some rulebreakers and gave the faction a strike which actually did nothing at all to the faction {it was mostly ooc corruption that no one actually found out}], most of LSES's strikes were when I wasn't commissioner). Some of the most active lses membes were noobs and actually did their job instead of going on their other alts for the majority of the time (they did have PD alts and one illegal).

FRT should be very strict but they still need to have an open mind, the way you are stating, more of a closed authoritican (damn, can't spell) mind. Admins like usual are still taking in suggestions and all, and usually they are successful.

maramizo

<b><span style="color:FFFFFF;">MTA:RP Player</span
I do understand the style of bias you are speaking of and it should be reduced but life ain't perfect and may be hard for SOME admins to comprehend. What you said about the analogy of an admins friend and what not, is not true. I've seen many admins introduce their friends who don't get the concept of rules and rp and those admins, instead of insta-jail and all, they actually took time to teach those players and the players' rp quality and rule following is increasing exponentially. You should actually try to be an admin, you'd do a great job at it.

Well, I doubt that you know this but you broke my heart at the "didn't log onto their illegals" part since I'm Karim. :(

And you cannot simply argue that "It's hard for this administrator to be fair" and blame the players, that's completely illogical. If an administrator cannot be unbiased then he shouldn't be an administrator in the first place. Either way, debating this point any further will not speed up any process and will not be of any help; since we're debating over how to assess administrators, not given points.

Well, I doubt that you know this but you broke my heart at the "didn't log onto their illegals" part since I'm Karim. :(

And you cannot simply argue that "It's hard for this administrator to be fair" and blame the players, that's completely illogical. If an administrator cannot be unbiased then he shouldn't be an administrator in the first place. Either way, debating this point any further will not speed up any process and will not be of any help; since we're debating over how to assess administrators, not given points.

Sorry maramizo, didn't mean to target you in that (I already knew you are Karim through my ways of identifying people); you know I am basically ranting about everyone who does that, stay on one alt for 80% if the time and 20 on another, I've seen this a lot for my time as lses hc and even in lspd (made it up to sergeant).

I didn't say that "it's hard for this administrator to be fair and blame the players" and always remember there are good admins and admins who aren't good or bad but are just there (I am not referring to the current team, but teams from back then). Remember I was part of the team, actually started being an admin exactly 364 days and 8 hours ago so I do know what's it like.

Yeah we should stop debating about this issue (once I am in a debate, I am in it forever).

Last edited by a moderator:

maramizo

<b><span style="color:FFFFFF;">MTA:RP Player</span
And one small P.S: P2W is not gone, since stat transfers are now only purchasable with real life money only; think about that, people.

Usually I come around and re-read my posts, ensuring everything I've written is nice, dandy and straight to the point and I've found this which I'd like to deny now because of the following:

• Stat transfers are also gainable through being an RP+ member; you can get a monthly stat transfer if you're an RP+ member. This means that to get stat transfers without purchasing them, players will have to become RP+ members - encouraging them to actively improve and take part of such a community due to the reward therefor.
    This means P2W is somewhat gone, since stat transfers being the only thing which have been removed and only purchasable by money instead of VIP hours, can still be acquired without paying for them; something which makes complete sense and I agree with 100%, so keep up the good work!

sUp5rET.png