sUp5rET.png

A look at the server rules - Logging to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Logging to avoid roleplay, switching characters, accounts, or otherwise escaping an active roleplay scene can lead to severe administrator punishments. A minimum of fifteen minutes must be used before removing yourself from the game after a roleplay.

These are the rules which can be found in-game via F1 menu. This tells you that you may not log off or switch your characters during, or within 15 minutes of a roleplay scene. That means, if I am running from police, I must wait 15 minutes after I escape to log off. I also may not log off during a chase. I may not log off during a traffic stop, or while interacting with other players in general.
However, we must look at common sense when it comes to this rule. Common sense tells me that Making a 911 call is not an interaction with the police. Speeding, or committing a crime itself is not an interaction with a police. Just because I hit a speed cam on my way home to logout, does not mean that I have to wait 15 minutes before I can logout.

interact

ĭn″tər-ăkt′

intransitive verb​

1. To act on each other.
  2. To act upon each other.
An interaction is mutual between two people. Hence, hitting a speed cam does not mean I have interacted with police. Making a phone call to 911 does not mean I have interacted with police. Buying product from a drug NPC is not an interaction between myself and police. However, if I am observed by a police officer buying from this drug npc, and it turns into a police chase, that is an interaction. After buying from the NPC, do I have to wait 15 minutes to log off and eat dinner? The police on this server are very non-responsive, and typically ignore 911 calls in my experience. So if you make a 911 call about a crime, do you have to wait 15 minutes?

Tonight I was banned for "logging to avoid." All because one party got his panties in a bunch, that I reported a crime via telephone, without interacting with another player via telephone, it simply notified the police, then I logged off because my brother came home with dinner. Apparently I "made a false police report" but a quick look back in the logs will show that the person I reported, had in fact stated he was going to rob people, and asked me to rob people with him, and chased me all over LS on his motorbike. When found unarmed, it was determined I made a false police report (lack of IC evidence does not constitute I have intentionally committed a crime, and then logged to avoid.)

Why was I banned, if I didn't log off to avoid an active roleplay scene? I was not participating in a roleplay scene during the time, or within 15 minutes of me logging off.

A quick look at a second rule.

10. Insulting another player, using derogative language or otherwise being demeaning is not tolerated and can be punishable up to banning.

PM From (12) Markel Jones: i just did you dummy
PM From (12) Markel Jones: im not going to argue with you you are being incompetant

demeaning

adjective​

1. degrading; that degrades
  2. causing awareness of your shortcoming
I was demeaned by this player who was so quick to report me for unintentionally breaking a rule that I didn't even break. No, I didn't report him for breaking this rule, as I don't want to see other players banned. We're all here to have fun, it's a video game. And it's okay to take this game seriously, but some people QQ a little too much about it. Like that one kid in school that raises their hand to snitch on your ass for breaking a small ass rule. "Teacher, Tbagg said a cussword on the playground!"

As I said, this is just a game and we're all here to have fun. But I find myself now having to go full lawyer mode and break the rules down to prove my innocence because of some schoolgirl QQing about me unintentionally breaking a rule, that I never even broke, that doesnt even affect the accuser.

https://i.redd.it/t0a2dd3kbvl31.jpg - click me

Deerhunter0404

Donator
Donator
I have had the same issue with a certain un named person after getting into a CK situation, during the time of the roleplay, he used my RP in the chat, and my nametag to find where I was, yet I didn't report it because I enjoy having more people to RP with, there has been too much crying about tiny things, it's saltier than an ocean.

1649476082285.jpeg

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
I have had the same issue with a certain un named person after getting into a CK situation, during the time of the roleplay, he used my RP in the chat, and my nametag to find where I was, yet I didn't report it because I enjoy having more people to RP with, there has been too much crying about tiny things, it's saltier than an ocean.

View attachment 1905
Exactly. In fact, when my character Clint Villa was CKd, I didn't QQ like in your situation. I was typing, when the person pulled out the gun and shot me before I had a chance to even finish typing. I didn't QQ. On top of that, this happened in broad daylight at IGS and if im not mistaken, crime at all at IGS is against the rules. I could've fought my CK with that alone, but I didn't. I did my stat transfer and let him have the satisfaction of CKing me, knowing I would strike back eventually. THEN I helped the gang that CKd me, fight against the police. Who were after them, FOR CKING ME. 2 of my characters were CKd in a day, and I didn't whine, I did my stat transfer and let everyone have their fun. I could've made a ticket and got my character unCKd because it was a bulshit CK but I didn't. We're all here to have fun. Everyone that knows me, knows I go by the rules, and yeah sometimes i mess around a bit cause at the end of the day, ITS A FUCKIN GAME!
qq.jpeg

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
So, calling 911 to make a report, IS in fact interacting with the police....
Thats exactly why we have phone tracing scripts..

Can i get a TLDR of the rest, Kinda a lot of reading :D

jameshargus

Los Santos Police Department
Logging to avoid roleplay, switching characters, accounts, or otherwise escaping an active roleplay scene can lead to severe administrator punishments. A minimum of fifteen minutes must be used before removing yourself from the game after a roleplay.

These are the rules which can be found in-game via F1 menu. This tells you that you may not log off or switch your characters during, or within 15 minutes of a roleplay scene. That means, if I am running from police, I must wait 15 minutes after I escape to log off. I also may not log off during a chase. I may not log off during a traffic stop, or while interacting with other players in general.
However, we must look at common sense when it comes to this rule. Common sense tells me that Making a 911 call is not an interaction with the police. Speeding, or committing a crime itself is not an interaction with a police. Just because I hit a speed cam on my way home to logout, does not mean that I have to wait 15 minutes before I can logout.

interact

ĭn″tər-ăkt′

intransitive verb​

1. To act on each other.
  2. To act upon each other.
An interaction is mutual between two people. Hence, hitting a speed cam does not mean I have interacted with police. Making a phone call to 911 does not mean I have interacted with police. Buying product from a drug NPC is not an interaction between myself and police. However, if I am observed by a police officer buying from this drug npc, and it turns into a police chase, that is an interaction. After buying from the NPC, do I have to wait 15 minutes to log off and eat dinner? The police on this server are very non-responsive, and typically ignore 911 calls in my experience. So if you make a 911 call about a crime, do you have to wait 15 minutes?

Tonight I was banned for "logging to avoid." All because one party got his panties in a bunch, that I reported a crime via telephone, without interacting with another player via telephone, it simply notified the police, then I logged off because my brother came home with dinner. Apparently I "made a false police report" but a quick look back in the logs will show that the person I reported, had in fact stated he was going to rob people, and asked me to rob people with him, and chased me all over LS on his motorbike. When found unarmed, it was determined I made a false police report (lack of IC evidence does not constitute I have intentionally committed a crime, and then logged to avoid.)

Why was I banned, if I didn't log off to avoid an active roleplay scene? I was not participating in a roleplay scene during the time, or within 15 minutes of me logging off.

A quick look at a second rule.

10. Insulting another player, using derogative language or otherwise being demeaning is not tolerated and can be punishable up to banning.

PM From (12) Markel Jones: i just did you dummy
PM From (12) Markel Jones: im not going to argue with you you are being incompetant

demeaning

adjective​

1. degrading; that degrades
  2. causing awareness of your shortcoming
I was demeaned by this player who was so quick to report me for unintentionally breaking a rule that I didn't even break. No, I didn't report him for breaking this rule, as I don't want to see other players banned. We're all here to have fun, it's a video game. And it's okay to take this game seriously, but some people QQ a little too much about it. Like that one kid in school that raises their hand to snitch on your ass for breaking a small ass rule. "Teacher, Tbagg said a cussword on the playground!"

As I said, this is just a game and we're all here to have fun. But I find myself now having to go full lawyer mode and break the rules down to prove my innocence because of some schoolgirl QQing about me unintentionally breaking a rule, that I never even broke, that doesnt even affect the accuser.

https://i.redd.it/t0a2dd3kbvl31.jpg - click me
Hey so Logging to avoid roleplay has always been a rule man!
Hopefully, I can help you out and redirect you to the rule list https://forums.mtarp.co/index.php?threads/server-rules.14/

Rule 19 clearly shows Logging to avoid Roleplay isn't allowed. If you have a discrepancy with the rules suggestions are always great, I mean heck we are a community, however, including personal drama aimed at one individual (myself) isn't really needed to make a feasible suggestion.
19. If you're in an RP situation do not quit the game to avoid it. If your going to die or are about to get caught by the police and leave the server or quit the game. The same applies with death bills, if you break this rule, you WILL be punished!

I do sincerely apologize if you feel I was being derogative or demeaning to you whatsoever tbagg1597 when I had referred to you as a "dummy" I was meaning it in a joking manner. When I called you Incompetent I can understand how you could take offense to that and do truly apologize for that. I was frustrated with you wanting to argue rather than taking the punishment you were handed.

At the end of the day if you felt I disrespected you there is /report and the ticket center for player reports. The forums are NOT a place for that.
The rule I have been told my Overload that was also reiterated by Mach2 clearly stating it was a 30 minute rule where you can't leave nor switch characters for 30 minutes. You committed a crime calling 911 reporting a false crime. This was in fact an interaction with the police and you let within 30 minutes, therefore breaking the rule. If you feel this was unfair I suggest going to the ticket center to appeal your punishment.

In short, I meant no disrespect whatsoever - only to help explain what you did wrong when you were confused. I felt you were very hostile but wanted to help. If the issue is solely with me or the admin that punished you please take that up with us, however, I don't feel a forum post is needed for that. As for the rule I am unsure as if you are wanting it to be removed or more detail be posted about it. If you are wanting more detail I completely can agree I believe there is always room for more detail in our rules. If you want it removed then

jameshargus

View attachment 1905
It's clearly about me since the post is about me.
I Have no issue being CK'd I have been CK'd twice in the past 2 days and although it is frustrating for everyone, everything was done fairly and in good fun, so while it sucks I took the "L" and lost what I did. At the end of the day, it's a game where I had a lot of fun even when I lost.

I really feel that negatively talking about someone in a public domain like the forums is not a great outlet to do so.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
So, calling 911 to make a report, IS in fact interacting with the police....
Thats exactly why we have phone tracing scripts..

Can i get a TLDR of the rest, Kinda a lot of reading :D
Right, but when I logged out, I was not part of any roleplay scene.
I Have no issue being CK'd I have been CK'd twice in the past 2 days and although it is frustrating for everyone, everything was done fairly and in good fun, so while it sucks I took the "L" and lost what I did. At the end of the day, it's a game where I had a lot of fun even when I lost.

I really feel that negatively talking about someone in a public domain like the forums is not a great outlet to do so.
Hey so Logging to avoid roleplay has always been a rule man!
Hopefully, I can help you out and redirect you to the rule list https://forums.mtarp.co/index.php?threads/server-rules.14/

Rule 19 clearly shows Logging to avoid Roleplay isn't allowed. If you have a discrepancy with the rules suggestions are always great, I mean heck we are a community, however, including personal drama aimed at one individual (myself) isn't really needed to make a feasible suggestion.
19. If you're in an RP situation do not quit the game to avoid it. If your going to die or are about to get caught by the police and leave the server or quit the game. The same applies with death bills, if you break this rule, you WILL be punished!

I do sincerely apologize if you feel I was being derogative or demeaning to you whatsoever tbagg1597 when I had referred to you as a "dummy" I was meaning it in a joking manner. When I called you Incompetent I can understand how you could take offense to that and do truly apologize for that. I was frustrated with you wanting to argue rather than taking the punishment you were handed.

At the end of the day if you felt I disrespected you there is /report and the ticket center for player reports. The forums are NOT a place for that.
The rule I have been told my Overload that was also reiterated by Mach2 clearly stating it was a 30 minute rule where you can't leave nor switch characters for 30 minutes. You committed a crime calling 911 reporting a false crime. This was in fact an interaction with the police and you let within 30 minutes, therefore breaking the rule. If you feel this was unfair I suggest going to the ticket center to appeal your punishment.

In short, I meant no disrespect whatsoever - only to help explain what you did wrong when you were confused. I felt you were very hostile but wanted to help. If the issue is solely with me or the admin that punished you please take that up with us, however, I don't feel a forum post is needed for that. As for the rule I am unsure as if you are wanting it to be removed or more detail be posted about it. If you are wanting more detail I completely can agree I believe there is always room for more detail in our rules. If you want it removed then

19. If you're in an RP situation do not quit the game to avoid it. If your going to die or about to get caught by the police and leave the server or quit the game. The same applies with death bills, if you break this rule, you WILL be punished!

I was not about to die, nor was I about to be caught by police. I logged off for dinner, not to avoid roleplay. It seems your lacking the ability to see a situation from another persons point of view. A lack of empathy maybe? Both sociopathy and psychopathy are common now-a-days, but we wont get into that. We'll just talk about your lack of logical thinking in this situation. you were not looking for me or trying to kill me when I logged off. I did not make a false police report, if youll look back in the logs as ive said, youll see Mazur was trying to rob people. So what rule have I broken exactly? I ICly called the police about a crime that was happening. It was not a false report? You refer to this rule but I was neither about to be caught by police (they weren't even looking for me) and I wasn't about to die. I'm breaking it down as simply as I can but it seems you lack critical thinking skills maybe? And the forums are most definately the right place for this. If I'm going to be banned for breaking a rule, I'd like to know what the community thinks of this. Hence, Community Discussion.

Deerhunter0404

Donator
Donator

You may not admit it, but you have been upset OOCly about it, and have been targeting me on separate characters, I said unnamed for a reason, you were the one who named yourself, you have trouble keeping IC things IC, and cant tell the difference in characters IG

aden

I literally was trying to rob people so how did he make a false police report? You're bringing IC stuff OOC to get him banned.

jameshargus

I literally was trying to rob people so how did he make a false police report? You're bringing IC stuff OOC to get him banned.
See I was not aware of this I was there the call came in and there was a bystander on scene stated nothing happened and he had nothing it appeared to be a false report. Whenever I spoke with Mr Villa OOCly he stated he made the 911 pretty much acknowledging it was false without admitting it so I find this hard to believe.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
See I was not aware of this I was there the call came in and there was a bystander on scene stated nothing happened and he had nothing it appeared to be a false report. Whenever I spoke with Mr Villa OOCly he stated he made the 911 pretty much acknowledging it was false without admitting it so I find this hard to believe.
8. Do not mix IC information with OOC information! If you're mad at somebody out of character, do not take it out on them in character and vice versa. What happens in game, stays in game!
12. Do not Powergame. Give the players some time to react in roleplay
30. Guns are a last resort!

Look familiar? These are rules I have seen you break several times. Did I /report? No, we're all here to have fun, and I'm not the rule police. Even though a couple times, it affected me directly. Idk what your problem is with my brother and I, but you're on our dicks about something. You fuck us over IC, and you QQ to admins about everything we do OOC. When I confront you privately, it goes nowhere and I get called incompetent. My whole point here, is that we're all friends here. And if we're gonna have a pissing contest, don't bring admins into it and try and get each other banned. And if you're honestly just that concerned about another player breaking the rules, get a life. But I find that hard to believe since I didn't break any rules to begin with.

Deerhunter0404

Donator
Donator
8. Do not mix IC information with OOC information! If you're mad at somebody out of character, do not take it out on them in character and vice versa. What happens in game, stays in game!

Look familiar? These are rules I have seen you break several times. Did I /report? No, we're all here to have fun, and I'm not the rule police. Even though a couple times, it affected me directly. Idk what your problem is with my brother and I, but you're on our dicks about something. You fuck us over IC, and you QQ to admins about everything we do OOC. When I confront you privately, it goes nowhere and I get called incompetent. My whole point here, is that we're all friends here. And if we're gonna have a pissing contest, don't bring admins into it and try and get each other banned. And if you're honestly just that concerned about another player breaking the rules, get a life. But I find that hard to believe since I didn't break any rules to begin with.
I was just recently cked by an unnamed person that happened to pull out and and shoot me within about .5 secs, no reaction time allowed so yeah...

jameshargus

Man All I am gonna say is if you feel like I broke a rule /report
This is a public domain and is not the place to talk negatively about someone especially without proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png