sUp5rET.png

Backup Advisory

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
6 months ago (In Feb) We switched to a new Web host, due to a much cheaper price. We got 3 years for the price of 1 compared to our old host.
As im sure everyone has noticed, The lag, Downtime, and issues have gotten worse. Including right now, when im writing this post... Having lots of slowness..

We have setup an order with our Previous host (The ones that never had issues) and we are moving back to them.. You really do get what you pay for..
Our current host (The one we are leaving) has agreed to add the remaining funds to go toward domain renewals, which will add about a year to each domain i own.. So that helps.

Anyways, This move could take UP TO 48 hours, And the order was JUST NOW placed.. This means that anything (Including this post) that is posted within the next 48 hours COULD be deleted. We will try to disable the forum completely when we are aware of saving being turned off, but in the meantime backup anything you post Here, To the Mantis, or anywhere you can enter something on our website (Excluding the UCP)

The UCP is on a completely different database, and will suffer no loss. So tickets are fine to be updated without taking backups.

Thanks

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
The host was quick to let me know about the delay. They are now giving an ETA of Monday, and up until at least this point everything has saved and will not be lost.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
well Actually it will go back to 1Gb/s (Current host only offers 100Mb/s lol) So its def a improvement.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We have successfully migrated to the new host. All should be better now.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Got some bugs we are gonna have to work through. Working on that now :)

Also will the server be affected by the upcoming tropical storm Arthur as it will go past south Carolina/north Carolina (I want to play again but not sure if can due to parents)

sUp5rET.png