sUp5rET.png

Beginning > Past > Present < Future

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Hello everyone,

Multi Theft Auto: Roleplay has been through the thick and thin, but yet over four years after launch, here we stand.. Now that is something to be proud of. However..

We all know that things are not nearly the same as they used to be.. MTA:RP used to be a strong community with 100+ players daily, rarely seeing v12 vehicles, and it was still rare to see players with over 10 million dollars.. This was back when the Wash was a big thing.

Now of course we can not lure everyone back, and of course we can not reset the server to have a clean slate.. But there are things we can do. We, as MTA:RP can become a Community once more. Together we can become the amazing community we once were, and be proud of it. Right now, we need to have change in our community. It’s as much mine as it is yours, which is just as much as it is Overload’s.

The Administration is 99% of past admins, ones that have been here, left, and came back. Me included. Now of course we need good, and qualified Administrators, but I am sure that there are tons of qualified players currently that have the common sense needed to be an Admin. We all need to think we all started somewhere, and we were all given the opportunities we had been granted. We were all given that opportunity, so why not give it to others? We are very capable of making changes for the better of this community, but only if we work together.

Here is what I think we need most: Stricter Rules for High Ranking Admins.
- Head and Lead Admins are always given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to activity, and report count. Let me further explain.. When an Admin is granted to Lead Admin they feel more in power, and feel they have more control. When and if they earn their way to Head Admin, they begin to lose interest and or feel semi-immune to the punishments a normal Administrator receives for not having a high enough report count, and this has been like this from the beginning of MTA:RP all the way up to today. We need to enforce the rules, and if they are deemed to be removed, I can guarantee that there is other people out there that is qualified for the rank, and will do the job as a Head Admin. Head Admin’s are role models, they are supposed to be the ones showing the newer Admins how to do things, however.. What ends up happening is the Higher Ranking Admins go inactive for the most part, come on once or twice a day for a small amount of time, not socializing, then log off. Then, they punish lower ranking admins for low report count, which makes them look like a hypocrite for infracting an Admin for a low report count when the High Ranking Admin’s is very low as well. I am not saying to make the High Ranking Admins do everything, however they should be required to do more than they are now and have done in their past.

Training Process
- We need Admins to have a training process once accepted, and then tested before becoming Admin. This is currently a possibility and may be discussed soon..

Re-Evaluate
- I think that every single staff member should be re-evaluated for their activity, report count, and how much time they dedicate to being Admin.

Of course much more has to be done, but we need to do one thing at a time..

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
Re: Beginning > Past > Present

suh dud remove pay4admin and we get not so autistic admins boys
suhh +1
im tired its 3am send help

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
You lost me... You went from talking about the economy, to talking shit about admins. While I agree the higher admins are very inactive, this has nothing to do with the community and playerbase. Stop finding things to complain about and do something that might actually bring players back, like new scripts, since you're the so called "scripting team".

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
You lost me... You went from talking about the economy, to talking shit about admins. While I agree the higher admins are very inactive, this has nothing to do with the community and playerbase. Stop finding things to complain about and do something that might actually bring players back, like new scripts, since you're the so called "scripting team".

Not talking crap, nor am I finding things to complain about. I watched a old video from far back, when Burner was here.. all the way up to the Third Year Anniversary and it really made me think how much things have changed.. my point is that we're no longer a Community, we're a server.
Let's be a community again..

community: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Not talking crap, nor am I finding things to complain about. I watched a old video from far back, when Burner was here.. all the way up to the Third Year Anniversary and it really made me think how much things have changed.. my point is that we're no longer a Community, we're a server.
Let's be a community again..

community: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.

As I said, Admins have nothing to do with what happened to the playerbase it's just lack of new things and things to do and perhaps sometimes people just get tired of roleplay in general. There's only so many things you can do before you've done it all.

tounsi

Khaled
Donator
Many good guys left / banned for issues with admins. example? JTA.
Still this is not the main cause for low player base.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
Maybe you need look into corrupt police. I have heard a lot why many people are quiting because corrupt police. I have been in MTA:RP for long time. I remember you when you got warning when you blowed up and BZR or speeded little bit over. After warns came tickets what was very nice. After 3 ticket i remember they was allowed to arrest you. I know they can arrest you for speeding over a lot. But now where we are we are getting arrested for blowing 1 BZR up, or "drifting corners". Let be honest with V16 car its kinda hard to not take corners you dont "drift". I have seen a lot of cops driving non-rply. 2 days ago i saw Max (cant remember his last name) he hited wall at SAN and then he just made u turn drived around with lights on. He was in evade or something. When an admins said RP all the time, then he drived correctly. 1 thing is sure to get away these corrupt as fuck cops, who is ruining people gameplay and MG all the time.

Mick448

Donator
Donator
As someone who has left numerous times and rejoined, I can say admins had nothing to do with my decision to leave then come back. I left because there were always people who could do whatever they wanted. You swore at them in the street? They'd kidnap you and they'd do everything so you couldn't escape so you'd have to sit in some warehouse until you CKed or got someone to TP you out a few days later.

I only had one serious incident with an admin when I was originally a trial admin before which resulted in my resigning because he was higher up and had a problem with me for whatever reason and kept harassing me, making things up, so I resigned. The only thing I feel some of the admin team struggles with, is following basic server rules. I've seen so many admins breaking numerous rules because they're bored or because it benefits themselves in a RP situation. As for the Head Admin bit, they are busy. If you have a problem or want a question answering, they'll try and help, if they can, but they have other things to deal with on the forums, ticketcentre etc.

Mick448

Donator
Donator
But now where we are we are getting arrested for blowing 1 BZR up, or "drifting corners".

Are you forgetting the part where the V12/V16 car gets pulled over for said reasons, then evades like a majority of the speed modded cars do?

derbi

Donator
Are you forgetting the part where the V12/V16 car gets pulled over for said reasons, then evades like a majority of the speed modded cars do?

Its doesn't matter that much too now. If you have V12 or V16 car you can still drive correctly like non speedmoded car. Even cops are speeding with v12 cars. And when you are saying that cops aint corrupt then i dont know where you have been. I was away for while due work. I came in and my friends said cops are so corrupt. Almost all players are saying that. Maybe look into cops first and then lets look forwards. When Luka was scripter a lot of people joined due a lot of updates but now there is not that much update and people and joining in new servers where is more updates etc.(Thats only my point)

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
The only problem I see is the economy and vPoint Perks, even those can't be fixed.

The only thing that can be done to lure back old/new players is more opportunities for New Players, as in boosting starter money (for example), Giving them an application before they login so we would raise the standards that we need in new players, Giving old players Starter money (like what we did before with the 2mil for all old players), Maybe scripting more City hall jobs that are actually enjoyable?

Last edited by a moderator:

derbi

Donator
The only problem I see is the economy and vPoint Perks, even those can't be fixed.

The only thing that can be done to lure back old/new players is more opportunities for New Players, as in boosting starter money (for example), Giving them an application before they login so we would raise the standards that we need in new players, Giving old players Starter money (like what we did before with the 2mil for all old players), Maybe scripting more City hall jobs that are actually enjoyable?

+1 for that.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Many good guys left / banned for issues with admins. example? JTA.
Still this is not the main cause for low player base.

JTA abused.. a lot. I wouldnt say that he is the role model here lol

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
Everything needs reset, make it harder to make money, script updates frequently, and the play to win taken out; or atleast minimised very much so... that's the thick and thin of my opinion...

sUp5rET.png