Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ X ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-
Basically, I was discussing thing with a couple people on teamspeak and Overload mentioned some faults/overuse of the 'S/F' System. Basically... now a days whenever someone tries to punch or attack someone with melees 90% of the time, they will always dodge the first hit... but we can't really do anything about this, because in a way its PGing without PGing, right? I'm suggesting changing up brawl rules where if you attempt to swing at someone with a blunt weapon (bat, shovel, ect) or your fists you just need to RP the first attack, and then the victim can roleplay fighting back, or run off and RP some pain or maybe a bruise.

heres a good example: If you wanna punch someone IRL, you dont just walk up to them and hold a fist infront of them and wait for them to either make up their mind about dodging the punch or allow you to gently sock them in the face. S/Fs for fist fights become way to complicated and they're very rare as you have to forcibly roleplay the whole fight, which noone enjoys and would rather preffer using a gun which they dont have to RP shooting/aiming. Allowing this would likely let people resort to melee fighting more often rather then dealing with first resort/deathmatch reports.

Advantages/Benefits
Less shootouts
More melee fights
Less QQ
More user friendly, and less complicated

Disadvantages
If any
Can't think of one that would be considered important.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-Vote on it

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-Decrease in general shootings

Additional information:
- Knifes would be excluded from this suggestion, as they should require a response from the victim being stabbed.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
I suppose this could work. From what I gather you're suggesting the person wanting to start the fight would have to roleplay the first initial punch or whatever it is, then the victim would either have to roleplay running away or roleplay retaliating, essentially agreeing to the brawl until someone is low hp, Am I understanding that correctly? Because I really hate roleplaying fist fights, it really sucks.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
I think this is what Jose means:
*Davey Jones throws a relentless series of punches towards Danny Smith's face.

Then Davey basically "DMs" Danny untill he responds with either fighting back or running away

I say we add this rule, but edit the death script so that if you have been killed by a non-lethal melee weapon or fists, you can be helped up by another player. jose told me this already exists woops

Last edited by a moderator:

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I suppose this could work. From what I gather you're suggesting the person wanting to start the fight would have to roleplay the first initial punch or whatever it is, then the victim would either have to roleplay running away or roleplay retaliating, essentially agreeing to the brawl until someone is low hp, Am I understanding that correctly? Because I really hate roleplaying fist fights, it really sucks.

Thats how it could work out of common courtesy, but what I was suggesting is just someone roleplay's the initial punch then the other can just instantly fight back or dip, no OOC consent to a brawl, just straight up brawl.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Then yeah, I really think this would be a lot better. SAES is fairly active now so that's a plus also.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
+1,

The last "fist fight" I got into was just the other person dodging everything, and him being as strong as sylvester stallone.. This could work a bit better.

Beatty

Donator
Is that supposed to be a good or bad thing?

Good, S/F RP is from SA:MP and the only server it succeeded in staying in was here apparently lol. Action RP is how it's suppose to be done, you make an action and that action is done, you can only respond to it.

If I throw a fist at you, I'm letting you know you can stop it, however common sense and good RP'er instincts should tell you not to do that, to just do the full action and wait for his response, else your RP will go on for thirty minutes with a 1 minute fist fight.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
Good, S/F RP is from SA:MP and the only server it succeeded in staying in was here apparently lol. Action RP is how it's suppose to be done, you make an action and that action is done, you can only respond to it.

If I throw a fist at you, I'm letting you know you can stop it, however common sense and good RP'er instincts should tell you not to do that, to just do the full action and wait for his response, else your RP will go on for thirty minutes with a 1 minute fist fight.

So you +1ing cuuuuz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png