sUp5rET.png

Civilian FBI Rancher?

mksearch

Hi,

I'd really like it if the FBI Rancher was available to civilians, in a version with sirens removed or something. Right now the only 4-door SUV that's available is the god-ugly Explorer or the ridiculously unstable Landstalker.
Think it might be possible?

Thanks

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Highly unlikely. That would mean we would have to replace vehicles that people likely own, and that'd make them unhappy most likely. Frankly, I like the choices. There IS the Ford F150 which replaces the moonbeam. I don't honestly see the need for a Civilian model of the FBI rancher at this point. I know someone made a Civilian FBI rancher at one point in the fairly distant past, but the odds of it being added are pretty slim at this point.

buckeyesdb

<br /><b><span style="color:#129FB5;"t>MTA Mapping
Donator
The rancher has been given out to people before that had the siren. It has been abused and for obvious reasons deleted. Even if you accidentally use the siren, people will claim abuse and it is all just a headache. The FBI Rancher should remain to government factions or for legitimate player-owned reasons.

Whether Ello decides to replace a car with the civilian one is his choice but I don't see it happening (unless you wish to donate for it)

JohnC

Donator
Donator
I agree with buckeyesdb. i think that they should stay civilian. i can already imagine the floods of reports on abuse we would get, and to make it worse. there would be no possible way to actually prove the abuse. unless you recorded it with FRAPS, or they had a bind for pressing that button. even in the LSPD, the FBI Ranchers are only used for S.W.A.T. and some High Command. its not easily given out.

SarahLore

I managed to get it so nonfaction vehicles (aka player owned vehicles) Can't use the siren for more than a split second so far (basically you get a split second of the siren before it forces it to cut out).

I've mentioned this in the admin chat on skype, so we'll see how it goes from there :p

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Slightly buggy, the original script. I've passed along my findings to sarah, She's smart, she'll figure out how to fix the little bug i found. :)

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Trying to convince overload to do it. I gave him my suggestions and feedback on the conditions of owning one of these despite the fact the siren is generally speaking disabled. If I have my way, these things will NOT be cheap.

laura

Well, without the siren it's just a 5-door Rancher. Given that it's still recognized by people as a special vehicle I'd recommend that they can't be the same color as a Government faction issued FBI R, so no red-white like LSES for instance.

sUp5rET.png