sUp5rET.png

Deathmatching - Is this still a rule?

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Hello MTARP community!

I, as I hope all of you are, am excited that MTARP is back up and running again. I consider this community a home, as i have spent a lot of time here in the past few years. MTARP has had its ups and downs, but it always manages to come back. Lately, many members of this community have been frustrated, and I have also. Many people have left, or are planning on leaving the server because of this major issue. I ask why they leave, and they tell me they are leaving because this server has turned into a free for all. Years ago, when I first joined MTARP the police were favored, and it seemed unfair the way criminals were always at a disadvantage. Now, I see why those rules were implemented favoring police. Since the server opened to the public again, many rules were changed, and I feel they were changed with good intentions in mind. Although this may be true, there hasn't been a good outcome. Police are put at a severe disadvantage, and this isn't right. The police are short staffed, because every situation the police get into becomes a shootout, and CKs are handed out like candy. Everyone is walking around with assault rifles and shot guns, snipers, silenced pistols, etc. Weaponry that was once nearly impossible to come by, and now a single person has a different weapon for each cop on the server. RP was fun when you pulled someone over for speeding, just so you can give them a ticket or a verbal warning. Nowadays, that's hard to do since the speedcams are ticketing people automatically, which is yet another issue that is bothering me, and possibly some of you, but we won't get into that right now. As of now, the main issue in the server is Deathmatching and First Resort. Pullovers are rare these days, as everyone instantly goes into evade mode, and decides its time to shoot the pursuing officer when they get too close to catching them. All this, for a 6MPH over the limit speeding ticket, or running a stop sign. Something that you probably won't even be ticketed for. As some of you might know, I lead SAES on my main character, Phil Rockford. Phil was patrolling Los Santos, looking for possible fires, or the need for medical assistance. He drove past the All Saints General Hospital, where he was sniped by a man on the roof of a building next to the hospital. All because he was trying to do his job. The shooter, is guilty of Deathmatching and First Resort in my eyes. And unfortunately, this has been happening a lot with no effort to stop this madness. We need to stop this, and we need to revert back to the old rules regarding police and criminal interactions. Back then, I always pulled over for police. I took my charge for the possession of marijuana because I knew if I ran, I would get caught. That is how life works, so that's how MTARP should work. Now, I even find myself not stopping for an officer because I know I can get away, because the police are at such a disadvantage. These new rules are affecting the growth of law enforcement factions, and are favoring the growth of illegal factions. I hate to see the lack of police RP because of this, and I hate even more to see good friends and acquaintances leave the server over something that could be so easily fixed by tweaking some rules, and enforcing them. The old rules were good, so why make such a drastic change?

Thank you for listening, and if anyone has anything to add to this, please feel free to reply to this thread. If anyone agrees, or doesn't agree, please let us all know. I would love to hear everybody's feedback, and hopefully this will get some attention and we can make some changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly feel that the V12 and V16 is what killed the RP. I think the economy will always be in favor of one side or the other. I think the economy and players would benefit if they only allow 2-3 items per shop to sell. whats the point of opening a shop if you can purchase everything you need at IGS? if you had to go to a shop across town to purchase a ghettoblaster if you wanted one. and maybe have ability to set prices as well. allow business people to help the server a bit... if you own a shop you should get access to setup a faction so you can employ people and let them work and promote business RP as well.

The deathmatching comes from metagaming and power-gaming cause if the cops & civilians actually truly roleplay the damage while driving and just take their time! people want to just race around! and it isnt a race rp server.... it seems to have become a street racer rp server. which is not as fun as Valhalla RP (waaay back in the day) and the original mtarp. I have been here for alot longer than you tbagg and I have seen it change as well. but I have a feeling maybe ello is just getting tired of managing all the bullshit people not realizing what a TRUE ROLEPLAY SERVER is about. sadly.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
I honestly feel that the V12 and V16 is what killed the RP. I think the economy will always be in favor of one side or the other. I think the economy and players would benefit if they only allow 2-3 items per shop to sell. whats the point of opening a shop if you can purchase everything you need at IGS? if you had to go to a shop across town to purchase a ghettoblaster if you wanted one. and maybe have ability to set prices as well. allow business people to help the server a bit... if you own a shop you should get access to setup a faction so you can employ people and let them work and promote business RP as well.

The deathmatching comes from metagaming and power-gaming cause if the cops & civilians actually truly roleplay the damage while driving and just take their time! people want to just race around! and it isnt a race rp server.... it seems to have become a street racer rp server. which is not as fun as Valhalla RP (waaay back in the day) and the original mtarp. I have been here for alot longer than you tbagg and I have seen it change as well. but I have a feeling maybe ello is just getting tired of managing all the bullshit people not realizing what a TRUE ROLEPLAY SERVER is about. sadly.

I honestly feel that V12 and V16 are the reason we still exist. The economy is really, really bad right now, but there isn't anything we can do without making the other side angry. Cops vs Robbers - This is another problem that we will have to focus on. It really is like that right now, but we will do our best that it wouldn't. We are working hard to find a solution to it.

What you suggest about shops has to be hard scripted in, but as you know we do not have developer right now so new scripts are hard to come by.

This is a good thread and I want to see both cops & illegal side stories here about what needs to change. And we may find an agreement.

What I understand is every single pullover ends in a shootout - thats because not a single criminal wants to get arrested, but they are all wanted & carrying illegal firearms. This is how it has always been and it's hard to change anything about it.
We also have a National Guard faction that might need to be reopened. We will think about that aswell. Whenever a cop gets killed CK or PK - National Guard would be deployed to search for the criminals through city cameras.
These are just my ideas that might be really destroying everything or reviving. I will discuss that with other head+ admins and see how we can find a solution to our Robbers & Cops problems.

Serket

Donator
I have actually been wanting to do this type of thread for a long time now, but thanks to you, I don't have to anymore. I tried to sort these issues myself with lots of unanswered tickets and endless ingame reports who got either left out for hours with no one accepting it, or just being closed without anything being done in-regards to it.

In my honest opinion this is not about the rules, It's about who enforces the rules and I am not bashing or attacking anyone as I have been misunderstood multiple times being accused of "Salt" while literally all i do is try to make roleplay and the LEO roleplay in general fair and realistic to everyone, I mean if every single situation regarding certain people are going to be avoided by administrators then they should put these people into a somewhat group protected from server rules, now onto another point, there's really something that needs to be done in-regards to these pointless shootouts and pointless chases, It's not fun for LEO's to literally sweat their balls onto COMMS and radio, mashing buttons trying to go after an evading suspect all so the situation can either get voided which is of course in favor for the criminal as he'll just go on with his life and continue what he was doing, only this time he will be caution not to do the same mistake he did that got him caught in the voided situation. Or the situation goes as follows, suspect gets cornered, goes to discord and messages his friends " pLs HeLP iM gEttIng ArRested at StAck sHoOt cOp" and minutes later 5 dudes with M4's, AK-47's, SMG's, Sniper are on our asses, blowing our heads off like they're all a mini-version of Chuck Norris. Funny thing is, people who aren't even in the situation also get shot, which is DM in my opinion but whatever. That's just one a few points, people need to have some regard for their IC characters and they need to value it, CK's need to be handed out if deemed right, a-jails need to be handed out if server rules are broken, people must know that there are some sort of authority on the server because if not, they'll just do whatever the hell they want knowing nothing will be done to them. And it's all in favor of the server at the end, people who have quit will consider coming back, which will increase the playerbase, people newly joining will think of the server as an actual good roleplay server not just a Cops N' Robbers server with evading and shootouts between PD and criminals 24/7.

Also about the favoring part, there doesn't need to be any favors. There has to be an in-between, where criminal roleplay gets what it deserves, and law enforcement roleplay gets what it deserves, that's all. And I am saying if someone just starts shooting at cops he should be CK'ed, If someone committed a major crime and goes to pizza stacks in his V16 super car to chill knowing he'll easily evade cops again and again and again due to his car being super unrealistically fast, where IRL yes there are fast cars, but not everyone has them. and if they do, police has special package cruisers and interceptors which have pretty powerful engines and can catch up to them easily.

Now, my suggestion would be for server supervisors and the owner to start opening their eyes to this, checking logs, checking tickets, and doing what seems to be right and put an end to this all. At the end of this, I hope my point gets understood and I don't get flamed or be called "Salty" like some members in the community aswell as staff team say, for trying to state my opinion and get rulebreakers justice.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
You are exactly right. Rules aren't being enforced, mainly because there aren't hardly any administrators on duty from what i've seen. If there even is an admin online, they are either AFK or not answering reports because they are involved in a roleplay sit at that point in time. I have been trying to get a speedmod transfered for about a week now, and I give up. I've seen Buddy singlehandedly knock out report after report while being flooded with PMs because he's the only one online, and I've seen this happen because of DMers causing pure chaos on the server. This is why I applied for admin, whether I get hired or not. People are leaving because of the lack of rule enforcement and DM, and I myself have been exploring other RP options with FiveM and RageMP. The only reason I haven't left yet is because I have a special attachment to MTA, and MTARP itself. I'm trying to take action to get this fixed, and that's why im trying to join the admin team. Weight needs to be taken off of the staff teams shoulders, and there needs to be active rule enforcement on the server at all times, including the slow times when the server is nearly empty.

Some examples I should have added earlier.
With 3 cops online, 1 dealing with some stuff at IGS, myself and a member of LSPD were patrolling LS. I was pulling over a vehicle, for running a stop sign I believe. So of course, he ran. I contacted LSPD for backup, and we began chasing him. We were being followed by another vehicle which we tried to ignore since there were only 2 of us, and were wanted to catch this guy. So we were on a goose chase across San Andreas trying to catch this car, and each time we lost him we returned to the area by IGS to continue our patrol. And of course, each time we returned, so did he. Multiple times he led us on a chase, and when we began chasing the other car following us, the car we were previously chasing would follow us as well. Each time returning back to IGS. They were provoking PD in my eyes, and there was no administration online to enforce that rule. There was nothing really we could do, because they knew they would either evade us, and if not they would just shoot us. It's that simple.

A seperate time, me and the other members of SPD were chasing a vehicle. He managed to evade the 3 of us of course, so we put out an apb. later we began chasing him again, and this time he called his friends. Friends who had assault rifles and snipers. They would continue to speed back and forth past us, and would shoot at us. All because of a ticket? The ammo they wasted shooting at us costed at least 10x more than the ticket would have been. There were no admins online at that time either to stop that madness.

I also have an illegal character which I sell weed on. Not to make money, but for the RP. Used to, I would get on that char to sell weed, having to worry about being discrete. Now, I don't even bother watching for cops, because I know I can just evade them. Which takes away from the fun. I like making some sales, then every once in a while I get caught and I just go with it. And if I really wanted to, I would try and get away, and usually get caught. But sometimes I could get away, which was fun when it was a rare thing to do. There is no good illegal roleplay without going to prison. That's what makes your character a criminal. The more you get caught, the more you gotta watch out for police because they begin to remember you, and you know they will get you.

I have given one ticket out since i became a member of SPD, and have made 2 arrests. People only pull over to patronize law enforcement anymore. When they pull over, if you give the slightest indication that you might arrest them, suddenly 3 more cars pull up, and there's nothing you can do about it because you know they are all strapped with assault rifles and the few other LEOs aren't even online. The police are constantly outnumbered due to the lack of players wanting to join law enforcement. Nobody wants to join because the criminals always win. I miss the days where you couldn't turn a corner without running into a cop, and you didn't have to provoke PD to have some fun evasion RP. Usually I went to jail in the end, but that made it that more fun. I have been accused of spending more time on my SPD char than my SAES char, but that is because there is a lack of law enforcement. When I get on my SAES character, I get sniped. The police RP needs to be fun again, and there needs to be a lot of it. LSPD used to be one of the main factions on the server, and it kept things under control.

There are probably more examples I will think of later regarding the lack of rule enforcement and the major DM and first resort issue. But there need to be some changes around here or people are going to continue leaving, and that will result in a lower rate of new players.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
FROM A STAFF/EX PD COMMISSIONER VIEW

It was never fun during my time in PD to get blown the fuck away for simply ticketing someone. To get sniped from a few meters away in regards to a reason that is as vague an Ikea Instruction manual. BUT... recently I've started to always favor PD in most RP situations. And I am trying my best to make sure the illegal role players are justified in their actions regarding any form of killings.

Simply saying, "Oh, he said my toe was big" or "Oh, he spat on my Agera" or last but not least "That paramedic saw me shoot the cops so I had to MTA quick scope him" is not valid reasons for blowing someone away. Believe it or not, criminals are actually more cautious than you think in regards to making public actions. Most studies confirm that criminals only start becoming aggressive with firearms and such when they are being pressured or cornered in to situations that threatens their life status majorly (Such as life imprisonment or when a cop shoots at them) and even when their victims fail to comply with their requests.

And another thing. You are not fucking Rambo or John Wick. So stop roleplaying high Ego driven characters, it's cliche, it's common and lastly it's shit.

Serket

Donator
You are exactly right. Rules aren't being enforced, mainly because there aren't hardly any administrators on duty from what i've seen. If there even is an admin online, they are either AFK or not answering reports because they are involved in a roleplay sit at that point in time. I have been trying to get a speedmod transfered for about a week now, and I give up. I've seen Buddy singlehandedly knock out report after report while being flooded with PMs because he's the only one online, and I've seen this happen because of DMers causing pure chaos on the server. This is why I applied for admin, whether I get hired or not. People are leaving because of the lack of rule enforcement and DM, and I myself have been exploring other RP options with FiveM and RageMP. The only reason I haven't left yet is because I have a special attachment to MTA, and MTARP itself. I'm trying to take action to get this fixed, and that's why im trying to join the admin team. Weight needs to be taken off of the staff teams shoulders, and there needs to be active rule enforcement on the server at all times, including the slow times when the server is nearly empty.

Some examples I should have added earlier.
With 3 cops online, 1 dealing with some stuff at IGS, myself and a member of LSPD were patrolling LS. I was pulling over a vehicle, for running a stop sign I believe. So of course, he ran. I contacted LSPD for backup, and we began chasing him. We were being followed by another vehicle which we tried to ignore since there were only 2 of us, and were wanted to catch this guy. So we were on a goose chase across San Andreas trying to catch this car, and each time we lost him we returned to the area by IGS to continue our patrol. And of course, each time we returned, so did he. Multiple times he led us on a chase, and when we began chasing the other car following us, the car we were previously chasing would follow us as well. Each time returning back to IGS. They were provoking PD in my eyes, and there was no administration online to enforce that rule. There was nothing really we could do, because they knew they would either evade us, and if not they would just shoot us. It's that simple.

A seperate time, me and the other members of SPD were chasing a vehicle. He managed to evade the 3 of us of course, so we put out an apb. later we began chasing him again, and this time he called his friends. Friends who had assault rifles and snipers. They would continue to speed back and forth past us, and would shoot at us. All because of a ticket? The ammo they wasted shooting at us costed at least 10x more than the ticket would have been. There were no admins online at that time either to stop that madness.

I also have an illegal character which I sell weed on. Not to make money, but for the RP. Used to, I would get on that char to sell weed, having to worry about being discrete. Now, I don't even bother watching for cops, because I know I can just evade them. Which takes away from the fun. I like making some sales, then every once in a while I get caught and I just go with it. And if I really wanted to, I would try and get away, and usually get caught. But sometimes I could get away, which was fun when it was a rare thing to do. There is no good illegal roleplay without going to prison. That's what makes your character a criminal. The more you get caught, the more you gotta watch out for police because they begin to remember you, and you know they will get you.

I have given one ticket out since i became a member of SPD, and have made 2 arrests. People only pull over to patronize law enforcement anymore. When they pull over, if you give the slightest indication that you might arrest them, suddenly 3 more cars pull up, and there's nothing you can do about it because you know they are all strapped with assault rifles and the few other LEOs aren't even online. The police are constantly outnumbered due to the lack of players wanting to join law enforcement. Nobody wants to join because the criminals always win. I miss the days where you couldn't turn a corner without running into a cop, and you didn't have to provoke PD to have some fun evasion RP. Usually I went to jail in the end, but that made it that more fun. I have been accused of spending more time on my SPD char than my SAES char, but that is because there is a lack of law enforcement. When I get on my SAES character, I get sniped. The police RP needs to be fun again, and there needs to be a lot of it. LSPD used to be one of the main factions on the server, and it kept things under control.

There are probably more examples I will think of later regarding the lack of rule enforcement and the major DM and first resort issue. But there need to be some changes around here or people are going to continue leaving, and that will result in a lower rate of new players.

There aren’t any legal roleplay due to the fact criminal roleplay has taken over the whole server of people evading and shooting cops all the time over stupid reasons, I will include an example of which there was this one time recently I logged on. And straight up got a backup beacon coming at me so I responded, upon arrival I see mayhem everywhere, cruisers crashed into walls and broken with officers dead and I have no clue what’s going on. A minute later, I get shot at, I look around confused and there was this one guy invloved in the shooting just standing AFK’ing in the middle of the road, I decided not to shoot and report him. But as always, report gets falsified and I was told he wasn’t even though he clearly was. And when he came back he started shooting at me aswell, all due to a simple traffic stop that my mates tried to conduct.

Another situation is we were 5 LSPD searching for a wanted suspect and when I found him trying to enter his property I called for backup, he had all his cars out front so we were going to seize them until he turns himself in, upon him knowing that. He quickly used teleport tokens to OOC’ly get his cars out of the situation and he’s safe, reported this and got told to make a ticket and yeah. Un answered for a week or two now that ticket. There’s loads of situations I could go on about like these I’d probably fill this thread up.. however , I agree with everything you say. Everything needs to be balanced out, both sides need to get what they deserve, if you are a wanted criminal and you know you’re wanted.. you shouldn’t go in public and chill like that, knowing cops are onto you, you should have some regard for your life. And think twice before committing a crime, let alone shooting cops in the head for trying to pull you over.

Meta-gaming and deathmatch as well as non-RP actions are destroying the server right now, and really need urgent administering, I’ve seen myself someone with over 24 M4’s and 10 snipers on his body. And I have got proof of it, I’ve seen people coming out of nowhere to help their friends being arrested and shoot cops, I’ve seen and experienced getting shot without having a part of the situation and even getting shot while in an OOC argument with admins not doing anything inregards to it. These sort of things needs to be fixed, weapons really.. REALLY need to be harder to get, people back then would like to join LEO factions to get a clue about guns and use them etc.. now they don’t even care because everyone has automatic rifles and snipers and silenced pistols.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Beautiful reply, Buddy. Couldn't have said it better myself. But also, Phil didn't see anything. What happened was, a taxi pulled out in front of him, and started circling him. He was going to radio to the police that the taxi was driving recklessly, and the driver OOCly said "sorry" then Phil was sniped. There was no reason to snipe him, because he was on a whole different street than where the police RP was taking place, I think everyone is just getting very trigger happy and abusing the new rules. And what you're describing is not only a violation of the DM rule, but a violation of the first resort rule as well. Saying Phil was a witness, was just an excuse to blow someones head off. I'm going to compile a list of comments I have recieved about this, and post them on this forum.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Some comments I have recieved over the past couple of days.

1. Boring af.

2. Admins abuse and i got proof sent it in a ticket. Overload replied with zero fucks ngiven.

3. everyone got fucking aks and rpgs. No a rp server.

4. Dogshit admins who dont give a fuck and care more abouse stat whores.

5. I tried to make police force better no-one gave a fuck and all cops quit back to ***(a rp server)

I came to conclusion the server is fucked and the owner does not give a shit.
That's why I dont even play MTA rn

I'll be joining ***

I felt like a real cop back then

I loved the old server.
I was addicted af to it
I was a cop that patrolls 24/7, gets in pursuits, shootouts that aren't lame.

There doesn’t to be any favoring
Doesn’t need to*
Theres no inbetween?
Its either cops or criminals?
Why cant everyone just follow the god damn rules, we’ll all be good and happy
That’s literally all we are asking man, to follow the server rules.
But not to import and his friends.. what are rules? Lol

mtarp is gonna be over soon

I’ll stick here just for any news.
However
I won’t actually be playing yhe server unless there’s gonna be a change and a reply to this matter
That’s that.

Lead admins don’t want certain people to get punished
That’s how I see it

And why am I not getting any response from staff.. you’d say they’re busy with kther shit but there’s 0 progress being done on the server

Not mentioning names
Yeah. But I am saying is, people IRL don’t disregard their life THAT much
Not all of them to say the least
They don’t go around with tons of m4’s and snipers waiting to shoot police

IRL in the united states try to go shoot an officer in public, where there’s cameras and shit. See what happens
1 min later FBI already got you

And oh my tickets that almost one week old un answered.

If we can’t communicate with staff
You tell me

We can’t even communicate with server staff.

I'll be ruining the server more if I make a criminal alt and snipe cops.

Get in a chase, get stuck. Hop on discord “HeLP im gOnna GeT aRrEsted ComE wit Ur 20 m4’s anD 10 sNipers im at stack”
Server in a nutshell.

Back in the day, rules were being followed.

Well. I know he’s not god, but there’s 0 progress being done
I want you to tell me anything that has been done lately

I’ve been riding it through since the server re-opening, making endless reports and tickts

and there was actual pursuits
without shooting
that went on for 10 mins

yeah, they wouldnt get fucking sniped
by 7 people
if they arrest someone.

Oh and also
Don’t complain about it, you’ll get bullied
Get used to the losing

he literally shot a M4 at me

then after I kill 2 criminals, they don't get CK'd because it was "poorly supervised"

We lost too many good RP’ers

Go complain to an admin or even community staff.
And get ignored like myself
For weeks and days.
It’s getting out of hand.

explain this.
someone has 23 M4s
in their inventory.
and 62 silenced pistols

People can just break all the rules they want and go unpunished. Not even warned

Server is being absolute garbage right now

It's getting out of control.. Can't get fixed anymore.
Someone can take my position.
I'm out.

I'm resigning.. Quitting the server for good

i don't like the server anymore
full of DMers and it's getting pretty sad

looks like I'm gonna quit the serv for good

While we all know Overload does in fact care about the server, and everyone is working hard to get the server back in shape, these are all comments from MTARP members. Some new, some old. This is how the community feels about the current situation. I myself have been frustrated, but I decided to take action after so many of these terrible things have been said to me. The purpose of this is not to make the server seem like a terrible server, or to make the admin team feel they aren't doing a good job, but things have gone downhill in our community and we need to take action. Comments like these shouldn't exist. People should be messaging me, talking about how they love being here, playing on the server, being part of the community. As a wise man once said, "Make MTARP great again." - Donald Trump

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
could not agree more tristan, you’ve taken the words right out of my mouth. hope to see you as an admin soon seeing as you seem to have the correct mindset for the job.

Wuppix

not EU
Quick reminder that this is a game. That this is nothing but a virtual game. I know people that forget that.
I know people that get so angry, and so mad when things don't go their way. People that roleplay as illegal characters and people that roleplay as legal or PD characters.
I want you to remember that when something doesn't go your way in-game, you should not get butt-hurt about it and start punching the walls in real life.

I have been seeing a lot of people calling this server a Cops and Robbers server. Saying that there are people with a "Cops and Robbers mentality". I don't blame them.
I don't blame anyone for thinking that this is nothing but a Cops and Robbers server. I personally am starting to think that it is just a cops and robbers server. Heck, if you just
scroll up a bit, you'll find that this whole thread talks about nothing but COPS and ROBBERS. Everyone that replied to this threat and that is going to reply isn't innocent of this.
We all participate in this in one way or another. The fact that admins think about it as "Oh whos side do I favor? Cops or Illegals?" is just embarassing. There should be only two
options that an admin has. There should only be two options that an admin must choose from. The option of those that follow the rules and the option of those that don't.
This whole thread talks about nothing but people trying to RP as Rambo illegal characters or John Wick. But no one is talking about how cops also do the same thing.
If you want realism then you should take into consideration that not all cops are straight up dickwads that arrest everyone they see. There is people that just don't realize
that some cops are just simply nice and leaninet. Some people don't realize that not every situation has to end up in an arrest. Letting someone go with a warning isn't
being corrupt. But it's being realistic. The fact that I never had anyone evade from me in a situation says a lot about this. It is as simple as Newton's Third Law.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you treat everyone the same and just get out of your cruiser and start shooting their tyres.
That will only lead to you getting know to people as that one person that is a fucking retard. Which will lead to you getting into situations where you'll get
people that get out of their cars and shoot you in the head.

Also another reason why this is seen as a Cops and Robbers server is because there isn't roleplay. I am not going to say "I haven't seen others roleplay" or shit like that.
Because I know damn well that I can't see what everyone is doing. But I personally have not been given the chance to roleplay illegaly. I have not participated in any illegal
roleplay whatsoever lately because I am too worried about the fact that someone will see me in the street with "Night" in my name and get a hardon and MG the shit out of me.
By someone, I mean our kind sir Serket aka John Pearce here. when I see him online, I stay inside an interior because I know he's going to do some bullshit that I don't want part of.
I simply stay in an interior so I don't have to roleplay with him.

About this one comment that says:

There doesn’t to be any favoring
Doesn’t need to*
Theres no inbetween?
Its either cops or criminals?
Why cant everyone just follow the god damn rules, we’ll all be good and happy
That’s literally all we are asking man, to follow the server rules.
But not to import and his friends.. what are rules? Lol

You think that it is simple. But it really isn't. You think that because something didn't go your way, then it isn't right. You think that all an admin has to do is just
jail those that YOU think are wrong. But sadly it's not that simple. Because if you think that's the in-between sollution then you're delusional. If the admins did
make it go your way and jail the other side. Then the other side will be like omg what the fuck man? Why are you favoring the cops side? They are clearly wrong
and we aren't. Then this and that and that and this and endless QQ battle. Where the admin has to come in and satisfy both sides by voiding the sit completely.
Which is something I don't blame any admin for. Voiding the sit is always the easy way out and it is the one with the least QQ.

I just want to say that no one here is perfect and no one here is innocent. If you really want to change the server for the better. Then you better change yourself first.
Don't expect others to change for you. If you change yourself. If I change myself. If he changes himself. If they change themselves. Then we will all change.
(it's late, don't judge my writing)

notSyn

While I didn't read every last bit of this thread because it's unbelievably long, like Wuppix said above nobody here is innocent. But like his John Pearce example, when you want to get out spraying at someone with an MP5/M4, I agree. Don't be surprised when they drive around the corner and start returning fire 10x harder than you every single time without fail.

Right now, I think the server is at a good balance, nobody has a specific advantage that is ruling the server. (save for Bjach sniping everybody in every situation he gets in, but he's banned now so) And, MP5s are actually disgustingly good weapons if you can use them right, but if you still think you're at a disadvantage then why not let lower ranks in PD start using M4s if you know there is an abundance of ARs on the illegal side? (has already been discussed)

I think one of the biggest thing, also that Wuppix mentioned is fear of MG. This wasn't a thing back in the day because MG/PG was 10x more of a common jail than what's going around now. (inventory abuse, first resort, dm) This whole situation with illegal vs. legal has gotten blown completely out of proportions where like said it feels like a cops n' robbers server. This is because of things like the /status rule which can be easily MG'd but shrugged off as "you were speeding" or "theres an apb out", and in my mind THE biggest is NOT LETTING PEOPLE RP. I don't know what to say other than if I scrape my bumper on a wall in a chase and you start shooting my tires mid-RP, you WILL get shot, one way or another.

The illegal side of this server has been RPing the same way since 2013/2014 and there's a pretty much whole new group doing the PD RP the way they see fit, which is where the conflict of interest comes in. I don't really understand it all that well because people coming from mainly illegal RP experience should understand their boundaries. They should know that most people carry atleast one gun on them, which is a felony. (which allows you to evade if you feel it's needed) They should also know that when you open fire first on said individual, 90% of the time it's not going to just end in an evasion, it's going to end in a return fire. (which ends up in a /report and QQfest because people can't handle deaths).

TL;DR

Illegal RP has been the same since 2013/2014 and new PD doesn't like getting sprayed down when they chase everyone and open fire first. (which should just be common sense)

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
it's a pretty simple issue which can be fix fairly easily but has been neglected for as long as i can remember. The problem is, there is so much fail RP and OOC hate in the police department that when they try to pull you over theres no telling whether they are trying to give you a ticket or simply metagaming and trying to find a reason to arrest you, so it is easier to just run. I have a hard time believing the criminal RPers are the issue considering we are some of the most experienced RPers on the server.

If admins focused on improving PD and their roleplay quality, the deathmatching and constant evasion would fix itself. However the fact of the matter is that PD has always been on the back burner.

Also, Syn pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Yoda

Donator
Donator
*When a HEX employee views the Thread*.

tenor.gif

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
This server was, is, and always will be about cops and robbers, and if you cannot realize that exactly the same thing is why everyone loves being on MTARP then you shouldn't even bother paying for the hosting. Majority choose either the good side (PD) or the bad side (mafia/gang), but rare few actually choose the third option, neutral (legal business owners or a simple worker). I've played here since 2012, and I can assure you that's how it always was. Good versus bad, cops versus robbers. All of you are talking about how this server lacks proper RP, but honestly, how many of you have actually tried properly RPing for a longer period of time? Sure, you get sick of shootouts and re-RP's and all the crybabies, but after a while you can't wait to get back in action and then it goes round and round. It's what this server is all about, cops versus robbers RPG style. Proof? You removed v12s and v16s, and along with that you took all the fun out of adrenalin driving/evading. Then you restarted everyone's accounts, and no one bothered getting all their ranks, guns and vehicles back.

However, I dont believe it is necessarily a bad thing. Trying to raise the RP standards would just be rediculous at this point, so why not head in between, and get the best out of cops n robbers. Leave it be, but make it fair and square for both sides.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
This server was, is, and always will be about cops and robbers, and if you cannot realize that exactly the same thing is why everyone loves being on MTARP then you shouldn't even bother paying for the hosting. Majority choose either the good side (PD) or the bad side (mafia/gang), but rare few actually choose the third option, neutral (legal business owners or a simple worker). I've played here since 2012, and I can assure you that's how it always was. Good versus bad, cops versus robbers. All of you are talking about how this server lacks proper RP, but honestly, how many of you have actually tried properly RPing for a longer period of time? Sure, you get sick of shootouts and re-RP's and all the crybabies, but after a while you can't wait to get back in action and then it goes round and round. It's what this server is all about, cops versus robbers RPG style. Proof? You removed v12s and v16s, and along with that you took all the fun out of adrenalin driving/evading. Then you restarted everyone's accounts, and no one bothered getting all their ranks, guns and vehicles back.

However, I dont believe it is necessarily a bad thing. Trying to raise the RP standards would just be rediculous at this point, so why not head in between, and get the best out of cops n robbers. Leave it be, but make it fair and square for both sides.

i like this

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr

I agree with you. It has been like that always, but there still is a line somewhere. If we were gonna keep going like this without changing anything, soon there would've been only robbers left. It was not fair for both since PD was professional and didn't shoot anyone, but criminals rather than take 4-5 hours in arrest they started huge shootouts, calling out SWAT and everything. I dont want to take away the fun of it, I want to reduce it to the level it used to be. Few years back cops could pull people over and there was a chance of evasion or just random ticket. Right now when you are playing a cop alt, you pretty much pull over and know there is 90% chance it's gonna end in a shootout and us dying. I want to reduce the amount of shootouts happening, and it cannot be done just saying FR and DM. They do not FR nor DM, because they would be getting arrested and thats why they start the shootouts. It has gone that far when every single criminal is wanted / carrying a firearm (have a reason to start a shootout).

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator

Thank you Luka.

sUp5rET.png