• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We created this 2 year wipe for characters not used in the past 2 years due to popular demand. But now we have a lot of complaints in the complete other direction about loss of hours...

So this is an official poll. Shall we keep the deleting of characters after 2 years of inactivity, or go back to the old way?

Dev

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Head Administrator
Donator
Preferably would like it to be reversed. Us players that have played hours and hours and hours on old characters that got cked, we lost all those hours, and now our accounts have like 1000-1500 hours, rather than 2500+ hours. I couldn’t care less about losing my old cked characters. I love the idea of people being able to have more name choices now. I do not like the loss of all my hours, so for that main reason, I’m on team #reverse back to how things were.

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
Tbh, I couldn't care less, but wouldn't it be smarter to assign the hours to your account, not your characters? I'm no scripter, and transfering all those hours from characters to accounts could be a little tricky. But it maybbe possible. And then noone would be mad or sad about losing your hours.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
we have reversed the change.
We have taken the communities input to try and make a better idea for both parties.
We will soon introduce the ability to delete unused characters manually instead :)

eLst

MTA:RP Forum Legend
If there isn’t a issue with space in the database then I feel like inactive characters aren’t hurting anyone.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
If there isn’t a issue with space in the database then I feel like inactive characters aren’t hurting anyone.

The only reason we did it in the first place was because people were wanting to be able to use old unused character names. I guess when your creating a new character it’s hard to come up with a name that hasn’t already been used :p. But it Dosent matter to me either way. I would rather not have the data loss associated with deleting old characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png