sUp5rET.png

Economical Repairs - Discussion

DubstepxR

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
this is nice and all but i think you're taking this too seriously

Seems like you didn't even take the post into consideration. I suggest you actually read it before shutting it down and think about it for a second.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
The system works around features like F5 and implements it into the circular flow of income. Meaning even if people strongly oppose removing F5, it works in the economy.

If F5 is removed, it has nothing to do with the proposal.

F5 Generates money for people, atleast for new characters. You want a new alt, but you dont wanna earn your stuff? Use F5. This would stop cash being transfered around OOCly in mass amounts.

HaveADream

<b><span style="color:#b80000;"t>Ace of Spades</b>
Donator
F5 Generates money for people, atleast for new characters. You want a new alt, but you dont wanna earn your stuff? Use F5. This would stop cash being transfered around OOCly in mass amounts.

You're right - it is OOC, but it is still within the circular flow of income, the money still comes from players, with the way the new dollar works, either the minimum price will have to be reduced or its actual usage will go down, and, for all intents and purposes of this proposal, it works within the system, but personally? I would argue for its removal but I believe its removal would lead to larger opposition than is worth.

DubstepxR

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I think you're forgetting that it's just a game in the end. It's not supposed to represent real life exactly, that wouldn't be possible, We have to make adaptations in order for things to work in-game.

Completely ignoring the fact that this is a "Roleplay Server" I see, We attempt to portray real life as close as possible cause you know.... "ROLEPLAY"

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>

It doesn't just completely generate it out of the blue. The F5 menu may increase a new player's amount of money, but it's still coming from other players on the server, which still allows for a circular flow of income.

F5 isn't a part of this thread, yet just implementing this will definitely change the way the economy works. Along with this, F5 may be scaled down some, since having an amazing economic system will definitely bring in more players, since it'll be someone different and new.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Completely ignoring the fact that this is a "Roleplay Server" I see, We attempt to portray real life as close as possible cause you know.... "ROLEPLAY"

But there are limitations on implementing something this advanced, It's almost a 13 year old game. I know Luka may be a great scripter and all, But there's no way he could implement something this advanced alone, If at all.

HaveADream

Donator
But there are limitations on implementing something this advanced, It's almost a 13 year old game. I know Luka may be a great scripter and all, But there's no way he could implement something this advanced alone, If at all.

I don't believe it would require a massive amount of scripting, the money currently just disappears. If a module is too advanced to implement, then it will be scrapped. The entire proposal is fixing and implementing a circular flow of income, price fixing and linking everything economically together and implementing a loan system which, again, comes from the circular flow of income. I don't believe it is a resource heavy script, but only time will tell and Luka will give his thoughts to me when he sees the admin draft of the document.

HaveADream

Donator
A full proposal will be released when it passes administration approval.

Wuppix

not EU
A rough guide to MTA:RP
-/me jolts forwards locking into place by seatbelt
-/me unslings M4 flicking safety [OFF], Martin Luther King Jr's head was blown off by Charles Dickens.
-(( This Walton belongs to Charles Dickens. ))
/getmods
Vehicle's max speed is currently set to: 200.
Vehicle's power is currently set to: 50.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Whilst all of this is correct, you have to keep one major thing in mind.
Most active players have been on the server for a while, and their money is a result of simply earning it over time and using stat transfers when CKed. If you do things that decrease the value of what these players have it may give them a "there goes everything I worked for" mentality.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
You guys want F5 removed but fail to realize that its the main reason people donate now adays. Donating=Rp Server. Can't remove F5 until something else can replace it and keep players interested in wanting to continue to donate towards the server.

CanadianBacon

Whilst all of this is correct, you have to keep one major thing in mind.
Most active players have been on the server for a while, and their money is a result of simply earning it over time and using stat transfers when CKed. If you do things that decrease the value of what these players have it may give them a "there goes everything I worked for" mentality.

This is just changing the value of the dollar, and allowing some actual realistic economics to take place here. This isn't just halving people's money like last time, it's giving some actual meaning to it. At the same time, this allows for proper cash flow around the server.

Which in turn, will allow you to make hard-earned cash, that is actually earned.

CanadianBacon

You guys want F5 removed but fail to realize that its the main reason people donate now adays. Donating=Rp Server. Can't remove F5 until something else can replace it and keep players interested in wanting to continue to donate towards the server.

From hopping IG, it seems F5 is already removed.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Reading the comments I see that the most of you has donated for their money..

If you say that removing F5 will change anything you are wrong. I've made millions off F5 and basically, it can be only done with a 100% success during sales. Removing F5 will lower the playerbase in the long term, this is a game afterall and sorry, but I dont want to play for 1000 hours get ck-ed and start from the beginning.

People will try the same scheme just on a smaller basis (not so big profit)with cars/properties also. It has been always done. Unless some money does not disappear from the server there is no point of changing anything. Its easy to become rich in a rp server. Play for a month, remember the normal prices and let buy-trade-sell begin.

You want people to donate? Implement that car wrapping script. Add fricking drivers license back so it could be bought using vP. To be honest this server has passed the point where economy could be changed as it would just cause a shitstorm.

Remove the 0.50% bank perk and lets see what happens. I get 130k every payslip for just being cool rofl.

Last edited by a moderator:

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
I agree with everyone wanting to remove F5, but yes, people will quit playing MTARP, because the only way they can RP, is by having alot of money, and evading cops. I was poor at the start, and now, BOOM i have millions across my characters and stuff. And stuff is being a little more boring, because we have alot of money. Everything is easy to get and stuff. We need to fix this up!

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
If it's just a game where we don't need realism, why don't we just remove all scripts apart from essentials and RP everything in /me and /do? The economy is horribly destroyed, but salvageable, not only will this make us stand out as a server, it'll also encourage SO much more RP, as businesses will have a purpose and most importantly, money will have a meaning, and it will encourage new players to join if they see that it's not Pay-To-Win and that they can actually, with a little bit of brains and connections, can make it. This will also lead to legal progression, start off as a stall until you can afford a mortgage on a shop, people will then buy their essentials from there and then you can expand to two shops, until you own a chain of stores all around Red County, without having to donate $50, or having to shoot up and rob everyone.

If we gonna talk about real life shit then yeah, in IRL you can drive 10km/h over the limit cops aint doing shit, you DONT need to stop at BZR all the time when car is not coming, there is more and more shit. So yeah

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
I agree with everyone wanting to remove F5, but yes, people will quit playing MTARP, because the only way they can RP, is by having alot of money, and evading cops. I was poor at the start, and now, BOOM i have millions across my characters and stuff. And stuff is being a little more boring, because we have alot of money. Everything is easy to get and stuff. We need to fix this up!

Losing interest in RPing is your own fault. At the peak of my rich time I also lost interest in roleplaying but.. It kinda came back. People say that I have too much shit, but I use them to secure my finances. If I get ck-ed I might sell a v12 to buy a stat transfer. Use your dosh to get vP. Map some flowers on your house or something like that. Thats the reason why I like f5. Jose is a great example of that, he has tons of vP but he does not use them. You dont always have to sell your vp on f5.

Last edited by a moderator:

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
Losing interest in RPing is your own fault. At the peak of my rich time I also lost interest in roleplaying but.. It kinda came back. People say that I have too much shit, but I use them to secure my finances. If I get ck-ed I might sell a v12 to buy a stat transfer. Use your dosh to get vP. Map some flowers on your house or something like that. Thats the reason why I like f5. Jose is a great example of that, he has tons of vP but he does not use them. You dont always have to sell your vp on f5.

Well, if your character is dead, it's dead. And everything that is left on that character, should be gone.... In my opinion. Good thing you can BUY vPoints, but the bad thing is that when you sell them, you get money, and that helps your economy. Where would you get the sudden money from RPly? You should earn them, with working hard and stuff.

Wuppix

not EU
How would you earn the money if one's money got dead and then you don't have money to earn someone's money with the money of that someone with the money.

sUp5rET.png