sUp5rET.png

Graphics glitch?

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong location.

I installed a fresh version of the game for modding singleplayer purposes, It is installed to a different location than the game I play MTA with. But my graphics aren't doing well. I am getting a jittery 20-30fps in a empty area. But tree's, bushes, cars, and buildings are slow to load. I have all stream settings on maximum in F10. And every now and then the ground below my car vanishes for a second. I've been unable to actually play the game because of it. And I was wondering if there is a fix for it without having to reinstall MTA and GTA:SA. I cannot get a picture of any of it happening as every SS I take of it there is nothing obviously wrong. Please help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not completely sure what the problem is but when I mod singleplayer gta sa, I just use the one I use for MTA:SA (as most of the mods I use aren't compatible in MTA:SA, sadly they are for SAMP causing me to almost get in trouble once in a server I played on before coming on here). I think somehow the two "copies" of the game on the computer are conflicting with each other perhaps?

TrojanJustin

Donator
Donator
Try this, I had this problem a while ago not dealing with f10 settings but mta settings itself, go to main menu in mta (ESC) then go to settings then to that go advance, there you would see Streaming Memory put that up :)

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
go to main menu in mta (ESC) then go to settings then to that go advance, there you would see Streaming Memory put that up :)
my stream memory is set to max in advanced settings and in F10 :\

when I mod singleplayer gta sa, I just use the one I use for MTA:SA (as most of the mods I use aren't compatible in MTA:SA, sadly they are for SAMP causing me to almost get in trouble once in a server I played on before coming on here).
They are car mods that I want in singleplayer and not multiplayer. And as car mods are allowed in the server. I have two installs. They are in completely different locations though.

The game acts like the draw distance is on like 10% when I have it over 50%. It's weird.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Not sure if this helps but it did for me as well with GTA IV, add -availablevidmem 30.0 (depending on how good your video mem is , i just put 30 since its half of what I got)

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
Not sure if this helps but it did for me as well with GTA IV, add -availablevidmem 30.0 (depending on how good your video mem is , i just put 30 since its half of what I got)

GTA IV command lines do not work with GTA:SA. Plus you did it wrong DrJoseEvil, if you did 30.0 it would multiply your current graphics memory by x30.

OT: If you have any mods installed on your MTA GTA:SA installation, remove them. Certain mods can lead to memory leaks. Also, you can try downloading a memory stream fixer, and paste it to the r00t (main) folder of your GTA:SA installation. http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.php?do=comments&cat=169&start=21&id=18222

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
OT: If you have any mods installed on your MTA GTA:SA installation, remove them. Certain mods can lead to memory leaks. Also, you can try downloading a memory stream fixer, and paste it to the r00t (main) folder of your GTA:SA installation.
The version of the game that MTA uses has 0 mods. As the original post says, I have another one for mods installed in a different directory. Which I just uninstalled.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
If both gta sa files are named the same thing for example "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" then no matter where its at, the two files with cause conflicts with each other. I recommend trying to rename one to something else.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
If both gta sa files are named the same thing for example "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" then no matter where its at, the two files with cause conflicts with each other. I recommend trying to rename one to something else.
They both already had different names. And were in completely seperate locations. I uninstalled the modded version and it is still happening. Just installed the stream fix from Carrot. And it is playable.

Thanks Carrot :)

sUp5rET.png