sUp5rET.png

How did YOU discover MTARP?

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Back in early January 2016, I bought a fancy dancy new laptop, because it was about time to upgrade from my old ps2 for gaming. so for only less than $400, I got myself a Quad-core 2.2 GHZ Pentium, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD HP laptop. only, it had some "integrated intel grahics." pppphhhsshh! shiet, ill just grab myself a new graphics card later on if this one don't do the trick. Ran flawlessly, couldnt have ask for a better machine. time to buy some GTA 4! of course GTAV was out, even next gen im pretty sure, but i preffered the classics. the game was playable, in a way. there was no terrain, but you could see objects and such! well for days i tweaked around with the game, trying every patch there was. 64 MB dedicated video ram just wasnt enough to run GTA4 i guess. I was angry. only thing better than GTA4 is GTA San Andreas. ive played that game since i was little! bought that, but i remembered on ps2 how you could go near the little buildings and find the markers to play split screen multiplayer, so i wondered if pc had those markers, and you could like play online or something. i was sad to see there was no little marker. but i didnt give up yet, i just needed a little help from google. "does GTA SA have online multiplayer?" first thing that came up was Multi Theft Auto. I watched a few youtube vidoes of it and decided i would get it and try it out. so i get on there, and it was NOTHING like i expected. it didnt just shoot you into a free roam game, no, there were hundreds of uniqe servers to choose from. i didnt know where to start! www.google.com "best MTA servers." after about an hour of websites and videos and information about mta servers, i learned about a type of game called "roleplay." only, i didnt know how to get to one. www.google.com "multi theft auto role play server." and while i was scrolling, the very first thing i noticed was "MTARP.co - Multi Theft Auto Roleplay! I clicked on the site, copied the server IP and got an account set up. I learned what rp was and how to do it on this server. but that is how i found out about MTARP.

As we all know, MTARP needs a little bit of advertisement so we can attract some more players.

How did you discover MTARP? would you tell us your story?

You could help find the best way to attract players to the server.

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
Back in 2012 I was playing on a SAMP server called Crazy Bob's cops & robbers. Anyways I was talking to my friend at school, and told him about SAMP thinking I was going to introduce him to something new; little to my surprise he tells me all about how he RP's on MTA and has been for years, and how he's a lead administrator on MTA:RP. At this time I had no idea what RP, or what even MTA was. So after school I get home, he Skypes me the IP, and I connect and he shows me the ropes.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I know masterchief in real life, and early 2013 we were hanging out when he introduced me to MTA:SA. After playing different servers I said I wanted to be a cop, and at that point he showed me MTA:RP. I was a complete noob for months, surprisingly never banned or jailed when I didn't even know how to RP. While I was a noob I kept getting scammed by the same guy, until DubstepxR who was head admin at the time came to my rescue lol. 4 times the same guy scammed me and Dub dealt with it everyone. Moving on.. Someone named Todd had A LOT of money In Game and at tight time I was broke. He bought three mustangs and broke little me was like "OMG" because he paid a lot of money for them. All in all the economy was still good and he payed 750k for all three. All in which were V12ed. He bought them from the Wash Dealership near the DMV. He got into LSES, and then he brought the fire truck to our base and got banned (lol) for stealing it.

Eventually Todd decided he was going to leave and gave me a mustang, which was like the all mighty thing to get lol.

I eventually learned what RP is, and what's funny is I got into LSES without knowing what /me was. Thanks Blueninja for allowing me in lmao, I learned how to RP because of some guy dubstep was dealing with.

Good times and there's more stories I got, but meh.

In August 2013 I made a new account named "Kdog549" and then I registered on the forums.

And now.. here I am.

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator
I joined the server in 2012 with Luka, over.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I used to play SAMP back in 2012 with my cousin NamE, and we loved playing on the only Destruction Derby Server we found (probably not running anymore). We played on it all the time, and eventually I got interested in how to make maps for that gamemode. I asked around and heard about SAMP map editor, and back in the day that was too freaking complicated for me. After some time, a guy told me about MTA, and how it has an awesome Map Editor. I downloaded it and found out that it's not just a map editor but a whole add-on with hundreds of servers that are nothing else but Destruction Derby. I, along with NamE, started playing on servers like [SKC], FFS, DDAS and such. Eventually we got bored of the gamemode and decided to move on, so we joined a random RP server, I believe it was called Sunshine or Sunrise, not sure. Started off well, but it shut down so we found MTA:RP.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
In 2012 started playing a trucking server on SAMP, then from there I switched over to the most popular samp rp server at the time. Then a year later, i found out about mta and how much better it was. So i seared "Gta sa mta rp servers". And you know what comes up? well mtarp.co ofc. And since then I have been here.

Emilio

Donator
Donator
I think it was late 2014, my friend "jonassandvik123" (which is currently banned) showed me MTA:RP cause he told me its fun, jadadada, bla bla bla. Then I was a noob for 2 years. until wait, im still a noob.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
I think it was late 2014, my friend "jonassandvik123" (which is currently banned) showed me MTA:RP cause he told me its fun, jadadada, bla bla bla. Then I was a noob for 2 years. until wait, im still a noob.

A noob with Roleplay+. That's new :confused::p

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
i was on the bird server back in like 2013 and got bored so i looked for rp servers. found this one and was like "k". only reason i stayed was because majachie took me under his wing. shoutout to the backdoors i never got banned for.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
I was looking at servers that o could be racist on. Jk, I was bored of GMOD rp and a friend showed MTARP back in 2012

lnanch1988

I was wanking in a sock and then when you know....... i smacked down on the keyboard and my laptop started going mad downloading MTA and then i was still you know ...... and i spammed another button hitting MTA RP.... I've been banned many times but i willl always remember pissing on people body whilst they was getting beaten to death... Miss you Tyrone . This was probably 2013 so yeah i'm big boy now and don't need a sock anymore i know what real girls are now . I used to be rich ingame and had many houses and cars , Broom broom get out mah car.............. Do miss MTA but its not what it used to be for me !

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
I was wanking in a sock and then when you know....... i smacked down on the keyboard and my laptop started going mad downloading MTA and then i was still you know ...... and i spammed another button hitting MTA RP.... I've been banned many times but i willl always remember pissing on people body whilst they was getting beaten to death... Miss you Tyrone . This was probably 2013 so yeah i'm big boy now and don't need a sock anymore i know what real girls are now . I used to be rich ingame and had many houses and cars , Broom broom get out mah car.............. Do miss MTA but its not what it used to be for me !

That is a beautiful story sir, I hope to see you in game pissing on people as you were before.

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator

Are you ok?

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
Well. Before I even started to play MTA, I was at my friends house. When I saw him playing MTA:SA on a trucking server I though hmm thats nice. But after that I frogot that thengame existes. Well fast foward a year. I remebered about MTA when I got bored playing GTA. So I downloaded and start getting on server, looking around and there I find a roleplay server. I played it for a moment. Well shit cant do anything. So after alot of roleplay servers. I found MTA:Rp and was here since

masterchief

me and kdog discoverd this place when we where looking for a freeroam server, thought it was cool so we stayed, didnt learn how to properly roleplay for like 6 monthes, amazing how i made it that far before a admin actually taught me how to roleplay lmao, i didnt even know what /do was for 6 monthes either, but it was great

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
So seems like alot of people just stumbled across it. Why don't we change the server title and make it more noticable, but still professional? Not like the ones all like "50 mill starting cash" but like "Multitheft Auto Roleplay - MTAs best roleplay server" would probably attract new players

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
So seems like alot of people just stumbled across it. Why don't we change the server title and make it more noticable, but still professional? Not like the ones all like "50 mill starting cash" but like "Multitheft Auto Roleplay - MTAs best roleplay server" would probably attract new players

The name of the server isn't going to change anything... It's the scripting features, administration structure and efficiency, and community member involvement that makes or breaks a community. We're lacking on all three!

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
The name of the server isn't going to change anything... It's the scripting features, administration structure and efficiency, and community member involvement that makes or breaks a community. We're lacking on all three!

None of this does any good unless people continually find a reason to connect to this server. New people will join if they know about it. But this is a thread where your supposed to explain how you discovered this server, then we can all come up with ideas to help out.

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
None of this does any good unless people continually find a reason to connect to this server. New people will join if they know about it. But this is a thread where your supposed to explain how you discovered this server, then we can all come up with ideas to help out.

But dosentit sound that ur a douche if you say its the best rp server.
I think Im with Kodiak. No need to change anything with the server name

sUp5rET.png