sUp5rET.png

Leaking Information

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend

Leaking Information

Hello players and administrators of MTA:RP,

Lately, there has been lots of reports of "Leaking Information" which is simply saying things you are entitled not to speak about as a Administrator here at MTA:RP. As an admin you are sometimes and usually all the time trusted with information, and SOMETIMES even trusted with only half the information as a test to see if anyone finds out secretly. Regardless of what the information is, or what it consists of, our administrators are expected to keep this information within our admin team only. This type of information that I'm speaking about could be a wide range of ANY information you acquire as a Administrator. As for higher administration, you are trusted with player passwords and other things of that sort. These types of information are classified under the personal Information category, and should ALWAYS be kept private. In most cases not even shared with other Administrators. More importantly if something is said about a player/ex-admin in the administration forum, or anywhere throughout the admin forums, shall not be shared. At any circumstance. Anyone caught leaking information will be a candidate for Immediate removal, and depending on the severity of the offense a possible Community Blacklist. If we suspect any type of disclosure, we will hunt it down through either the logs, questioning, or quite frankly perhaps bribing. This is one of our most severe rules that we will never allow nor tolerate breaking. So you're probably wondering, where am I getting at? Well, simply I want to give a community announcement to inform our players to reach out to our Head Admin+ team in order to report any type of suspicion or perhaps proof of any leaking information even if it's part of our higher administration or possibly Overload himself! If you do see this and report it, you will be awarded 1,000 VIP for every infraction we issue of this Leaking case. Why give rewards? Well, you are simply helping us to get rid of the administrators that are non-worthy of being on the team. If you are interested in learning what they CAN or CAN NOT tell you, please refer to the following;

Things Administrators CAN share with a player about them self:
  • Jail, Warn, and Ban history
  • /chk Notes WITHOUT telling who wrote the note
  • Details of a Ticket Center ticket, That would otherwise be known as public knowledge.

Things Administrators CAN NOT share with a player about them self OR someone else non admin:
  • Who wrote comments on their /chk
  • Internal Information about tickets
  • Things that are said in a chat not meant for them between admins unless given permission otherwise. [Admin Chats]
  • Anything in the Admin Forums, that no player would be able to see.

Things you CAN share with a player about another player:
  • Days Inactive, For the purpose of buying an abandoned house
  • Any information you deem to be public knowledge the player may not already know (IE: account name, Other characters)

Withholding Information:
Another topic that is quite frankly seen around here is the use of withholding information. Its always hard to rat out someone, and then be the one known of doing such action but ultimately if what they are doing is wrong, its only morally right to tell someone of higher authority. Unfortunately you are considered as the "Rat" and it's possible you might loose a friend. This doesn't always mean that you will loose your friends due to what happens within a game, In most cases actually, if a friend hates you forever because of a game, then they likely shouldn't be considered as a "good friend" at all. DO NOT get yourself in the mess of knowing something without telling anyone. Perhaps, we could even assemble a certain situation for it to be done secretly and your "friend" doesn't need to find out it was you after all. Of course, proof would be required of such actions. In this case, if we do find out you are withholding information, you will be held accountable for it and will be banned for quite a while. I'm talking months, not days or weeks. I can not stress enough of how important our Leaking Information rule is to us.

Thanks for reading,
Head Administration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
What are the consequences of being caught for leaking information? Removal from administration team, permanent ban, or both?

Bunny

What are the consequences of being caught for leaking information? Removal from administration team, permanent ban, or both?

Depending of the severity, minor leaking can just be infractions. Others that can be done for all the wrong reasons can result in bans. Leaking of application areas [Admin apps] is an immediate removal and administration blacklist.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I think for those who lose a friend due to the withholding part or getting them infracted, if shit goes south between their relations, maybe they should be awarded a little more for what happened, such as abit more VIP or something anything preferable.

Of course, they can fake it "hey lets fake our friendshits " But basicaly that wouldn't happen as they are losing way more for the one who is being infracted

Luka

I think for those who lose a friend due to the withholding part or getting them infracted, if shit goes south between their relations, maybe they should be awarded a little more for what happened, such as abit more VIP or something anything preferable.

Of course, they can fake it "hey lets fake our friendshits " But basicaly that wouldn't happen as they are losing way more for the one who is being infracted

Peter be planning something big ;o

DrJoseEvil

Donator
Peter be planning something big ;o

wot? All i'm saying those who lose a friend over a infraction should be awarded more due to what happened.

Plus EVERSINCE maramizo said my name, EVERYONE KNOWS IT ! 2spooky4me
skeleton-run-w.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

maramizo

<b><span style="color:FFFFFF;">MTA:RP Player</span
wot? All i'm saying those who lose a friend over a infraction should be awarded more due to what happened.

Plus EVERSINCE maramizo said my name, EVERYONE KNOWS IT ! 2spooky4me
skeleton-run-w.gif

HEY. HEY. HEY.
Someone actually spelt my name right! You get a huge +rep for that m9.

And back on topic:
You kind of do have a point; certain players might lose more if it's a friend. But at the end of the day, you're not supposed to be doing it for the VIP, you're supposed to be doing it for the server itself.

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator
HEY. HEY. HEY.
Someone actually spelt my name right! You get a huge +rep for that m9.

And back on topic:
You kind of do have a point; certain players might lose more if it's a friend. But at the end of the day, you're not supposed to be doing it for the VIP, you're supposed to be doing it for the server itself.

Everyone would do that for VIP to be honest.

Kodiak

If an admin is caught leaking information, can you guys make a thread about them? Where the whole community would just bash the shit out of them, until they're crying lol. Kind of like lynch mobbing, excluding us physically beating the shit out of them, and throwing them into a fire pit full of tires.

Bunny

If an admin is caught leaking information, can you guys make a thread about them? Where the whole community would just bash the shit out of them, until they're crying lol. Kind of like lynch mobbing, excluding us physically beating the shit out of them, and throwing them into a fire pit full of tires.

Of course not, we won't rat you out if you did something wrong like that. We aren't cruel. Whatever happens in the admin team stays in the admin team unless SPECIAL circumstances warrant otherwise.

Mr.H

Of course not, we won't rat you out if you did something wrong like that. We aren't cruel. Whatever happens in the admin team stays in the admin team unless SPECIAL circumstances warrant otherwise.
+1 We must not do things to people when we would not ever want to be trated that way.Bunny has a point there.

Kodiak

The first rule about the admin team; Don't talk about the admin team.

illuminati confirmed

VitOkp8.png

OT: I wasn't legit when asking that question lol.

sUp5rET.png