sUp5rET.png

Map Additions Requiring IC RP (Construction)

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[X] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
Exterior/Major Interior mapping requires RP'd construction. I am not revolting against the act of using VP's to purchase map additions. But I would rather prefer players actually hiring a construction firm or such. Fuck, even do it yourself! As long as the scene is set and people can see there's a fucking construction going on.

Advantages/Benefits
1. Promote RP environments.
2. Allow characters to familiarize themselves that there was in fact a construction put in place to build the designated buildings etc.
3. Just generally promoting more RP!

Disadvantages
Nothing major that will require anything big. Just staff input as well as IC player input I guess.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[X] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
1. Player finishes map for upload.
2. Pays the required VP after approval.
3. Proceeds to construction.
4. Hire a construction company, or do it yourself. Fuck I'll even establish a faction for it. Let them make a deal for IC money to construct the building.
5. After the deal is put in place and confirmed, mapping staff/head of mapping or even the faction creates a construction site map around the required place (Just add a few scruff fences/dump/small crane elements. Nothing big). Let the construction team actually start with constructing the exterior, RP'ly. This RP will only focus on finishing the main elements RPly.
6. Give it a few days, depends on the size of the exterior (I'd say a week generally).
7. After the time has passed, and construction company finished. Delete the construction site map. And boom, add the new fixed map.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
Just generally promote more RP scenes and opportunities.

Additional information:
It's all up for debate on how this can be done, I just gave a base framework that I think is entirely possible. From a mapper's pov.

The following is 78 objects used to create a construction site for a rather large strip to be used:
S4H6Ymb.png

UIafbAX.png

V2pIeZ6.png

22OWFGR.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
The bottom line is I want the server to utilize mapping more creatively, so it can promote ambiance in scenes.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
So, I do like the idea. That would mean step by step -

• Player requests map via Ticket Center
  • Mapping team Approves Mapping.
  • Players calls Construction faction - gives pictures of the mapping(blueprint).
  • Construction team goes on-site.
  1. Maps the construction area (cranes etc)
  2. Starts building the map(RP)
  3. Construction Mapping gets replaced with real map.

Pay would be vpoints and the interior price would be given to the construction faction by the player. Interior made will be /sold to the player by an admin.

So that means all mappings take from the approval from TC to 2-3 days(building the area)?

sUp5rET.png