sUp5rET.png

Mapping help

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Hi there im trying to map a garage at my house but im having problems with the bushes in the area is there anyway someone could remove those or help me how? thanks
heres a picture of what i mean:
x78MTqN.jpg

Ray Payne

Donator
Yes but i cant find the object when hovering over it and it deletes the ground

illestiraqi

Donator
Donator
Yes but i cant find the object when hovering over it and it deletes the ground

That's because the bushes have no COL ordinates, meaning you can't remove it unless a scripting .lua is made for you because once again, the COL Shapes. Heres an example, you see a tree, the trunk of it can be removed because you can't walk through the trunk, the top of the tree will let you go through it because it has no COL Shapes BUT, for the bush, it has NO COL Shapes at all.

Ray Payne

Donator
That's because the bushes have no COL ordinates, meaning you can't remove it unless a scripting .lua is made for you because once again, the COL Shapes. Heres an example, you see a tree, the trunk of it can be removed because you can't walk through the trunk, the top of the tree will let you go through it because it has no COL Shapes BUT, for the bush, it has NO COL Shapes at all.

How can I get that?

Mutkanz

Donator
Donator
Made some diggins, didn't took long. Here's what i got.
SolidSnake14 said:
There's a fuction called: removeWorldModel

So removeWorldModel basicaly removes specific WM with it's ID ,radius ,x,y,z coords, interior .
[SYNTAX] removeWorldModel ( int modelID, float radius, float x, float y, float z [, int interior = 0 ]
Don't know about uhh.. permissions here to post different website links so I won't risk.

Here's some example:
CJ House:
Code:
for i=700,20000 do
    removeWorldModel(i,10,2494,-1696,17)
end
How to implement? Add those lines to .lua file and implement it with meta.xml file.
Honestly, I didn't checked myself, so If needed more help - don't hesitate to ask, i will try myself and give a detailed guide.

Uh, just noticed that you should be aware of LOD, which will couse you a problem,
before removing world object, move cursor over it, you'll get an ID of that LOD.

Let's sum up:
1.From my point of view, you should scroll over the world object to get LOD.
2.Delete that LOD with deleteWorldModel function
3.Should be good?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Payne

Donator
sorry but im new at mapping and scripting could you try this for me please?

sUp5rET.png