sUp5rET.png

Moving Completely to the New Gate Syatem

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We have had a new gate system for a few months now, that holds all of the gates in the server, and do not require a large resource with 9 million Lua files. This system is MUCH easier to manage, and MUCH easier to create new gates.

We want to gradually move the old gates to the new gate system.
If you know you already own a gate that is in the older gate system, pleas request the gate to be remade. We will soon be disabling the old gate system completely, so all gates will disappear. Below is a detailed process on how to request a gate replacement.

How to get your gates moved:
  • First, You need to create a Map file of the gate, Map two gates, One at the location of where the gate should be while closed, and one at the location of where the gate should be while open.
  • Make a report in game to a Lead+ admin, requesting the gate to be added.
  • Provide the Password, or some sort of proof that you owned the gate that was previously there..
  • The admin will verify the map file you send, vs the old gate file (all leads have a copy of the old gates) and confirm that the locations are similar or match.
  • Once everything matches up and all is good, we will add the gate back in game at no charge for you.

If you attempt to move the gate, or place it completely elsewhere we will not only NOT add the new gate for you for free, but we will also mark the old gate as not to be refunded. Please dont abuse this system, Its a lot of work for out admins to have to do to replace these gates.
YOU will need to provide the .map file for the gates! If you cannot map, you need to get a Mapper to do it for you. (mappers are volunteer work, and we do not have an official mapping team)

TO EXPEDITE THIS PROCESS! Make a report in game to verify if your current gate is on the new system, or the old system. If it is on the old system then you can begin mapping it. Use the steps above to verify and have the gate added, and then you will not have to go some time without a gate when we actually do disable the system in the coming days.

Thanks,
Overload

Last edited:

JohnC

Donator
Donator
Good to hear! Only problem is i believe the gates at my mansion are probably on the old system... :(

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
This should settle any confusion.

Any admin can check if your gate is old or new. :)

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Question eh, so ehm if I added the gate this month or a month ago, does it still disappear?

Arttike

Question eh, so ehm if I added the gate this month or a month ago, does it still disappear?

If it's /gate password then it should be the new system, plus the new system has been here for some time so I think they should be okay

Bunny

Our gate system is about 6 months old, if yours has been added in the last few months you'll be fine, however if you aren't sure you can confirm with any rank two+.
If it's /gate password then it should be the new system, plus the new system has been here for some time so I think they should be okay

This is incorrect, all gates including old have /gate password. Only way is by reporting to a rank two admin and they will identify it accordingly.

Arttike

Our gate system is about 6 months old, if yours has been added in the last few months you'll be fine, however if you aren't sure you can confirm with any rank two+.

This is incorrect, all gates including old have /gate password. Only way is by reporting to a rank two admin and they will identify it accordingly.

Not all, some are just /gate with the gate part being custom

Beatty

Donator
Not all, some are just /gate with the gate part being custom

Any gate can have a password. Any gate can have no password, or you might have to have a certain item, such as a badge, with a specific ID. It depends on how it was made, but chances are if it requires a special item it's a new gate.

Old and new gates are exactly the same. The only difference is the difficulty in putitng it and and in making it. The old system required you to actually script in a gate and its functions, then had to be checked by a scriptor and implemented (or usually made by a scriptor here we can trust). After that, if we ever wanted to remove the gate or locate it, it would be extremely hard finding it amongst the hundred or so in the system. The new gate system is a simple GUI In-Game where we get an object ID, place it, edit, and done. Every gate is listed on the GUI, can be TP'd to, name changed, etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arttike

Any gate can have a password. Any gate can have no password, or you might have to have a certain item, such as a badge, with a specific ID. It depends on how it was made, but chances are if it requires a special item it's a new gate.

Old and new gates are exactly the same. The only difference is the difficulty in putitng it and and in making it. The old system required you to actually script in a gate and its functions, then had to be checked by a scriptor and implemented (or usually made by a scriptor here we can trust). After that, if we ever wanted to remove the gate or locate it, it would be extremely hard finding it amongst the hundred or so in the system. The new gate system is a simple GUI In-Game where we get an object ID, place it, edit, and done. Every gate is listed on the GUI, can be TP'd to, name changed, etc. etc.

Thanks and sorry to Bunny, my bad. nao git online and move mah gates beatty!

sUp5rET.png