sUp5rET.png

MTA freezes at GTA:SA splash screen

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
Hi there.

Title says it all.
Please help. Spamming keys and left mouse button won't do a thing, it's completely stuck.

Thanks,

Lesley

PS: I tried deleting the .set file, as well as re-installing.

PPS: Also tried everything Multi THeft Auto FAQ tells me to do.

Malachi

I see your in a tough situation, you've tried everything that the MTA forums have told you to do and have reinstalled. Can you tell me anything that you've done prior to it not working? Maybe that could help a little bit.

Also have you tried to do any windows updates?, I've had some issues with MTA & GTA:SA before and that seemed to fix it, and what is your windows version?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
Im running windows 7. I have some probems with windows 7, since it somehow modified my account into a system account. I made a bew account, and reinstalled gta and mta.

I have no idea whats wrong. Mta has been running on that systemprofile for about 2 weeks until now.

Malachi

Im running windows 7. I have some probems with windows 7, since it somehow modified my account into a system account. I made a bew account, and reinstalled gta and mta.

I have no idea whats wrong. Mta has been running on that systemprofile for about 2 weeks until now.

Have you tried to reinstall Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
Have you tried to reinstall Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?

That seems a little bit over the top just for a game , There probably is a way to do it WITHOUT the reinstall , Malachi , try to fix the problem just not try to get away from it.

Bestorio

So you've done all of these?

- Enable Windows XP SP3 compatiblity mode for both Multi Theft Auto.exe and gta_sa.exe, setting their privilege level to "Run this program as an administrator".
- Configure Data Execution Prevention: Use the setting Turn DEP for all programs and services except those I select. Click add and find "Multi Theft Auto.exe" and "gta_sa.exe" and add them.
- Run MTASA as administrator.

Besides that stuff, most of the responses to this issue seem to be about updating your Direct X and Graphics drivers. So you might wanna check that out.

why would he want shitty windows 10 lol

Don't wanna start a war but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you've never tried it.

Malachi

Besides that stuff, most of the responses to this issue seem to be about updating your Direct X and Graphics drivers. So you might wanna check that out.

Exactly why I suggested a Windows upgrade, usually fixes the graphics drivers and issues related and makes the process easier than hunting down the drivers, also it's cool to have the newest operating system.

LOL why would you recommend windows 10 when there are even more driver problems (except for a newer Direct X which is not required). Even Windows 8.1 still has driver issues where as windows 8 has the least. Windows 7 has almost none (same with Linux and Unix/Mac) and please make sure your firewall settings are correct, same with antivirus and Always, try compatability options if you are on Windows Vista or newer.

Malachi

LOL why would you recommend windows 10 when there are even more driver problems (except for a newer Direct X which is not required). Even Windows 8.1 still has driver issues where as windows 8 has the least. Windows 7 has almost none (same with Linux and Unix/Mac) and please make sure your firewall settings are correct, same with antivirus and Always, try compatability options if you are on Windows Vista or newer.

Newer Windows version usually have better support for games.

Newer Windows version usually have better support for games.

Only for newer games, this game was released in 2004 in which it was designed for the architecture in which Windows XP utilized (well, the way Xp processes things). When it runs in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, it uses a part of windows called Compatibility mode which is similar to an emulator (well this does null my previous statement of running it on Mac OS X or Linux as they do require Wine to run it, unless you find out a way to run it natively as it is possible due to the openness of Unix and Linux).

I'd like you to try running a game designed for OS's such as Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, MS-DOS natively on Windows 7 and newer WITHOUT that DOSBOX emulator and you would notice that it runs poorer than if you were to run it on say, Windows XP SP 2., therefore falsifying your response. Remember, a true statement must remain true in all circumstances and multiverses forever and we may not know the truth. This is like saying that PS2 games run better on the PS3 (before slim models and up to 80GB model) where in which the PS3 (except 1st gen 60GB model), uses emulation to run it, causing there to be more frame drop and even a significant drop in terms of visual aspects due to the emulation ran as opposed to the full on native hardware.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Only for newer games, this game was released in 2004 in which it was designed for the architecture in which Windows XP utilized (well, the way Xp processes things). When it runs in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, it uses a part of windows called Compatibility mode which is similar to an emulator (well this does null my previous statement of running it on Mac OS X or Linux as they do require Wine to run it, unless you find out a way to run it natively as it is possible due to the openness of Unix and Linux).

I'd like you to try running a game designed for OS's such as Windows Me, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows 3.1, MS-DOS natively on Windows 7 and newer WITHOUT that DOSBOX emulator and you would notice that it runs poorer than if you were to run it on say, Windows XP SP 2., therefore falsifying your response. Remember, a true statement must remain true in all circumstances and multiverses forever and we may not know the truth. This is like saying that PS2 games run better on the PS3 (before slim models and up to 80GB model) where in which the PS3 (except 1st gen 60GB model), uses emulation to run it, causing there to be more frame drop and even a significant drop in terms of visual aspects due to the emulation ran as opposed to the full on native hardware.

Malachi = Rekt

sUp5rET.png