Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmrSayed

Let's think about this deeper. We want to remove MG, but we don't want to completely fuck up the server by doing this, as many people have the same skins, and if you see two different players with the same skins, how will you know which one do you have to shoot in a shootout? This is why it's an issue, and should be still thought through very deeply.

Maybe if we can...See persons ID but still unknown person,we see ID when we have sights aimed on him or when standing close to him

Solutions:

-Actually help players in preventing them from MGing or at least enforce rules more.

-JUST RP (which is a problem as no one fully RP's anymore)!

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator

Solutions:

-Actually help players in preventing them from MGing or at least enforce rules more.

-JUST RP (which is a problem as no one fully RP's anymore)!

Exactly, however when you think about it there isn't really anything anyone can do about this. People are going to metagame.
I +1 the suggestion.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Best option is Kdogs, as it profits the most. Also, if an admin leaks ie. my ID to some police officer, and lets say he knows who I am in code 2, what can he do? Nothing, and if he does something, both him and the admin will get punished. But again, if we're giving players random numbers, where will admins see the numbers for that specific player, and if a player reports Unknown Player (69) will the report system automatically show up "Brian Marshall (69) found"? Lot to think about it.

I stick to this. +1

Tomaah

<b><span style="color:#FF0000;"t>OfficialNub</b><b
Donator
I thought it this way.. which will contain problems, but if the tab menu shows everyones login name and ID, and IC you could see just unknown person with ID, BUT you will need to write yourself by pressing M and opening up the player menu and there something like "Edit Name" and the edited name just shows up on you? It will mess up the MTA connecting menu with the name. Just thought it.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
No, there's a simple way to do this.
I'll break it down.
- When a player has nothing preventing other players from seeing them, other players can see their ID and full name.
- When a player has something preventing players from seeing or identifying them, like masks or tint, their name becomes (Unknown Person) and instead of a ID, they are assigned a "Unknown Person ID", which would basically be used instead of their ID to report them to administrators to prevent MG. So for example, when I dont have a mask on my name would be "Elias Pasonen (1)" but with a mask, it could be something like "(Unknown Person 551)"
Admins would ofcourse be able to type a command like /unknowns and it would bring up a big list of all the currently Unknown players and what their Unknown IDs are.

This is how most popular SA-MP RP servers do it.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
No, there's a simple way to do this.
I'll break it down.
- When a player has nothing preventing other players from seeing them, other players can see their ID and full name.
- When a player has something preventing players from seeing or identifying them, like masks or tint, their name becomes (Unknown Person) and instead of a ID, they are assigned a "Unknown Person ID", which would basically be used instead of their ID to report them to administrators to prevent MG. So for example, when I dont have a mask on my name would be "Elias Pasonen (1)" but with a mask, it could be something like "(Unknown Person 551)"
Admins would ofcourse be able to type a command like /unknowns and it would bring up a big list of all the currently Unknown players and what their Unknown IDs are.

This is how most popular SA-MP RP servers do it.

This is what I tried to explain, +1.

Exactly, however when you think about it there isn't really anything anyone can do about this. People are going to metagame.
I +1 the suggestion.

Well it is the admin team's job to prevent any MGing and rulebreaking, which means actually doing their job and enforcing the rules which i barely see anymore since apparently them being in RP is a "higher priority" than actually helping players (Not all admins, only a few but a significant number). That's what I did during my time as admin and still do that whenever I am on, regardless if I am in SAES or RP+ or whatever and it worked out (well all admins did that back then and many regular players too, I only did a small portion of it with using the LSES faction) (late Dec. 2013-Mar. 2014 when the server was huge, literally people were joining due to the RP standards [still low RP standards in SOME factions back then, high RP standards back then were 85% of LSES members, about 60-70% of PD members, some HEX, a couple of LSIA, some illegal factions {ones with many admins in them}, some small unsuccessful RP businesses and just new players in general], nowadays only a handful of players in all sorts of factions or not still have high rp standards when compared to back then.).

To whoever suggested about the unknown id thing, is it possible to implement it onto MTA:SA as SAMP works very different from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png