• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Hello,

We have noticed that ever since the physical location of the server has moved, there has been a decline in players. We understand this. Although it's a problem, we can not afford to have a server in France, and in Canada. With this, we have decided to ask if you are interested in a virtual server move into a new city.

We have decided to broaden our horizons and ask where you would like to go, or stay.

This vote is yours, chose wisely.

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
See I really don't care. I didn't leave cuz I didn't like the place where the server is hosted, I left because I didn't have time to play, cuz school, and stuff
So Neuteral

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Ridiculous. Server went to 40 players daily every single day a month ago, which was our peek in the last 2-3 years. It roughly fell down however, and it is something we experience every now and then due to many (personal) reasons. One day people will start coming in again, administrators will be more active and a developer will most likely be present, meaning an increase of our playerbase. I find this more than a poor excuse to move locations yet again, which will not just decrease the amount of our daily-active players but will also affect the ones who worked hard to achieve something they desired for in Red County, as we're basically handing them a "fuck you, we move if we say so (you choose the location though so its fine)". We don't have to move every time our playerbase drops, you know?

PS: The reason our playerbase dropped is NOT the server host move to Canada. No one would leave a server they've been playing on for a while (meaning they possess some fortune) just because their ping went higher. I've played on both France and Canada hosts, had ping 50 and 140, yet I haven't even noticed a difference, and if there is one it barely affects your gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Once we moved it dropped, once we went back to France it went back up, now to CA and back down it goes. More than a coincidence? I believe so. I too played when it was in France and noticed no difference, people just need to suck it up.

greenops011

Donator
Donator
I agree. As much as I love having a much lower ping, (with the old location i was averaging 115-187 ms, now I'm under 50ms) Even with the higher ping I didn't have any lag, other than due to my own hardware. I don't know what lead to the move, or why, but I have the suspicion that a lot of our playerbase is from european countries, and if so, that would explain why their ping may, and I said "MAY" suffer

Myth

<b><span style="color:#31BAE8;"t>Skrt Skrt</b></sp
I don't notice the lag, but i don't thing a move is good maybe to somewhere smaller like FC or Bayside, you can't blame the server move for being part of the no playerbase i'm sure people will agree we need to move somewhere small so we can get the playerbase back, LS and LV are way too big for MTA:RP right now, I know at the time it was good because MTA:RP had a steady base but lately there has been like 1 or 2 people on? the ping thing is just a number if your lagging get better internet don't blame the server.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Lol I agree with Luka, is the server gonna move in-game location every time the playerbase gets low? It's kind of a joke if we move again.

Turco

Turco
Ridiculous. Server went to 40 players daily every single day a month ago, which was our peek in the last 2-3 years. It roughly fell down however, and it is something we experience every now and then due to many (personal) reasons. One day people will start coming in again, administrators will be more active and a developer will most likely be present, meaning an increase of our playerbase. I find this more than a poor excuse to move locations yet again, which will not just decrease the amount of our daily-active players but will also affect the ones who worked hard to achieve something they desired for in Red County, as we're basically handing them a "fuck you, we move if we say so (you choose the location though so its fine)". We don't have to move every time our playerbase drops, you know?

PS: The reason our playerbase dropped is NOT the server host move to Canada. No one would leave a server they've been playing on for a while (meaning they possess some fortune) just because their ping went higher. I've played on both France and Canada hosts, had ping 50 and 140, yet I haven't even noticed a difference, and if there is one it barely affects your gameplay.

I have to agree with Luka aswell, Red County was for the best. moving the server to LS won't help anything.. If ya'll remember what got us the 40 Players daily was the move to RC.

greenops011

Donator
Donator
You know what I think is hilarious? If people really wanted to play in LS, or SF, or LV, or anywhere, what the hell is stopping them? Sure the majority of people currently RP in RC, but there is no rule, set in stone, saying you HAVE TO play in RC. l3vR6eSZ9bvU6CxkQ.jpg

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I have to agree with Luka aswell, Red County was for the best. moving the server to LS won't help anything.. If ya'll remember what got us the 40 Players daily was the move to RC.

40 players daily... How bout now?
lol
I dont care either way. This vote is basically just to judge everyones feels. Theres nothing for sure that any of this will happen.. :)

HelenMagnusAkaJamesB

Donator
Donator
Oh really this is just ridicilous vote still...cause it's not red countys fault why our playrbase is low now so please... just no more moves... we see where this goes..

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Once we moved it dropped, once we went back to France it went back up, now to CA and back down it goes. More than a coincidence? I believe so. I too played when it was in France and noticed no difference, people just need to suck it up.

i stopped cuz of this, i dislike high ping. Got 7-13ping when hosted in france, now 120+ noty

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
server just juggles between ls and rc, there's no fucking difference between them. Suggesting moves does no favours, it just makes the whole server look unorganised.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
server just juggles between ls and rc, there's no fucking difference between them. Suggesting moves does no favours, it just makes the whole server look unorganised.

Between constant moves and scripting the server has always looked unorganized.

2012-2014(ish) we actually had dedicated scripters and an admin team that actually worked together to benefit the server as a whole, not just themselves. Currently all I've seen is rules being bent to benefit certain individuals and scripters lacking in testing new scripts, or even implementing them.

f6rza

penny hardaway jr
Donator
how about we map a floating city

+5.

i voted for baysuicide but in reality, the server moving again won't accomplish anything, just stay in RC lol. im pretty sure we have more forum activity than in-game activity sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png