sUp5rET.png

Setting up 'Whispers' in TeamSpeak 3

strawberryhero

<b><span style="color:#007AA3">Alvin Drako</span><
Donator
In the Los Santos Police Department, we use the 'Whisper' feature on TeamSpeak a lot, as it let's us communicate, even if we're not in the same channel
Some people, however, find it hard to get this to work, so here's How to set up 'Whisper Lists' in TeamSpeak 3, following 5 simple steps!':

Step 1
Open your TeamSpeak 3 and go to the dropdown menu "Tools".
From the dropdown menu, click the button "Whisper Lists". This should open a new window.
70033443f1.png

Step 2
In the new window, press the button "New" to set up a new whisper list.
A small window pops up, asking you to press a hotkey. This can be anything on your keyboard, or buttons on your mouse.
I, for instance, use Mouse Button 5
1097410ca9.png

Step 3
Now you should see the hotkey you assigned to the whisper list up in the left corner of the window.
Make sure the correct whisper list is highlighted (Click the button that appeared with the name of your hotkey in the top left corner).
Now go to the area on the right side of the window, and open the category "Multi Theft Auto: RolePlay" and then open the category "Channels"
34dd37c63e.png

Step 4
Now locate the channels you wish to whisper (In case you're in LSPD, you want to locate the Control Room and all the subchannels).
Either drag and drop, or double click, the channels you wish to whisper to, then press "Ok".
966732ba24.png

Step 5
Your whisper list should be assigned to the hotkey of your choice. Go ahead and test it out!
When pressing the assigned hotkey, the circle next to your name should change to Grey, and the channels you are whispering
to, should have a red circle next to them, to the right.
3dbd1fabf0.png

It's that easy!

Bartiex

Good Job! I couldn't get it to work at the start either, I figured it out, but this is going to be help full! :)

Seems Useful. Just to add on, since TS3 is an out of game IC chat thing, i believe we have to use a bind rping using the radio (pressing the PTT button). Mine (a poorly done one that i've made a year ago) is *William Tran presses the PTT button on his radio and speaks into it.

TO bind: /bind [button] me presses the PTT button on his radio and speaks into it

An example:
/bind . me presses the PTT button on his radio and speaks into it

strawberryhero

<b><span style="color:#007AA3">Alvin Drako</span><
Donator
Seems Useful. Just to add on, since TS3 is an out of game IC chat thing, i believe we have to use a bind rping using the radio (pressing the PTT button). Mine (a poorly done one that i've made a year ago) is *William Tran presses the PTT button on his radio and speaks into it.

TO bind: /bind [button] me presses the PTT button on his radio and speaks into it

An example:
/bind . me presses the PTT button on his radio and speaks into it

There's no rule stating that we have to, though it is a good idea.

maramizo

<b><span style="color:FFFFFF;">MTA:RP Player</span

Well, sadly, we don't have a list of all the enforced rules.
However, a bind must be put into place whenever you use TS3 to say something IC'ly, otherwise, it's considered metagaming; I've seen this done by far too many people including administrators.

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend

Actually there is. It's considered meta gaming. The only third party software we allow is team speak and it is only if it's RP'ed using the /me ingame. It's used as an IC radio.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
I remember that you actually have to type if people are around you that can't hear you on TS. Atleast that was a "rule"..

sUp5rET.png