sUp5rET.png

Starting a Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
[ch]Case Process[/ch]

If you're here, you're likely interested in starting a lawsuit, that's good! This forum is designed to help and improve the legal process of the server. If you're looking for general information, such as your basic rights guaranteed to you by United States law, California law, and the Constitution, click here. If you're looking to actually begin a lawsuit, stay here and read the entirety of the thread before continuing.

Lets start with the basics...

When should you sue?

At any time, any place, where you feel your rights were violated. That's it, there's literally nothing more to it. Even if you're unsure, you can contact one of the lawyers listed here.

How do I start a lawsuit?

Easier said than done, right? Sort of. Starting a lawsuit here is very easy, in fact it requires maybe ten minutes of your time, if even that. We try to keep as many cases as we can here on the forums, since getting both parties, and judge, in-game at the same time is a hassle to say the least. If requested however, we can easily set a date and hope for the best (In-Game trials are fun, believe me). What you should do first is decide on whether or not you want an lawyer to represent you in your case. You can find public attorney's here, they will take your case up and give you a fee. Otherwise, you can ask around or make an advertisement here or In-Game. Once done with that, discuss your case and think of how it'll be delivered, with yourself or with your lawyer. This is where you submit your case, and you can either do Civil (anything not crime related) or Criminal (everything criminal related).

Once you submit your form, just wait for a judge to reply and take up your case. You or your lawyer can submit it.

Once done, then what?

Follow the judges orders. When the actual trial begins, you simply present your evidence. Remember you can only submit evidence you provided in the original case, otherwise you have to gain special permissions from the judge to admit it!

I still have questions!

Reply here! It's an easy process, I promise! If you're still confused in anyway, my job is to help you. Reply or send myself a PM, don't hesitate!

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator
This is still available and can be used.

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator
This is still available and can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png