Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ X ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- The idea is the ability to swap the transmission of the vehicle allowing you to convert the vehicle from FWD to RWD or AWD, any of these. The only way accessable to achieve the switch would be via a certain level admin watching the RP to make sure it is valid to prevent someone from just saying give me this now, along with, at your own choice, an option to say if there reason is valid, but people do this for the fun of it where I live so it's just an option.

Advantages/Benefits
1. Enhances the RP and would make mechanics have a bit more things to do in game.
2. However bringing work to the admins, it would also bring a realistic feel to most of the vehicles.
3. It allows you to customize more and more giving you a real feel for the car you want to make perfect.

Disadvantages
If any
1. Possibility of an unrealistic car having a swap, though any car can have it really.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- The simplest way would be to make an announcement followed by a slight training for admins to get to know how the command works and maybe to see what a proper RP of switching may look like.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- It would bring a more advanced level of RP for those mechanics who want to do a little more in game, also allowing those vehicles that everyone feels should have better handling than they actually do in the game.

Additional information:
- The other note for this is much like the tinting, doing swaps like this aren't cheap, upwards of thousands of dollars are shelled out for a dude who wants to do this, my best guess would be to along with making it an RP thing, you also charge since they'd have to buy parts and etc.

Swinekills

Donator
Donator
People you really need to learn how to use the search bar before making these, this was suggested yesterday for god's sake.

As well as here and here

But besides that, +1
Correct, but rather than a voting thread it turned into a punch of people going off topic, this will remain on topic, and will get the votes it requires. From here on only voting on this please.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
This was cleared by Braunson long ago, but he never completed it. Id like the ability also for this:

Full-time All-wheel-drive, such as what is in the Turismo and infernus
Front wheel Drive, such as the Blista Compact
Rear Wheel Drive as in what's for most of the cars
and a 4x4 mode; which a command is used to switch between Rear wheel Drive and All-wheel drive. This will be used mostly in the Huntley, FBI Rancher, Landstalker, Mesa, and the Rancher. For this to happen, the car MUST be at a complete stop, and the activation of the Transfer Case would take between 3 and 6 seconds, as per real world vehicles of the same class. If the vehicle MOVES during the activation of the Transfer case, The mode switch is CANCELLED.

I suggest access to Hex LEADERS ONLY. and admins Super + and a cost of NOT LESS THAN $50k @ customer cost. OR 150 VIP. The 150 VIP would be pending the player has RP+ status and/or more than 100 hours played. That's given a price adjustment for severe inflation. I'd say until such time we know how the system works and what sort of abuse we may encounter.

Additionally, if one requests to switch from ONE custom Transaxle to another, a cost of 75 VIP or 15k. Transfers of the Custom Transaxle from ONE CAR TO ANOTHER would be completely disallowed. RPly the parts of ONE vehicle would NOT fit another except for the case where a player has say A Towtruck and wants to switch it to another towtruck, in which case proper RP must be done. If done by the player, parts cost would be likely between 5000 and 10,000. If done by a third party mechanic, up to 25,000. Again, this is to reflect Real-life labor and parts costs, with inflation adjustments.

Overload, Fusionz, Beatty, and Dub, your feedback when possible on the above.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I think a 2x4 4x4 system is completely a different idea, But i like it..

As for the Manual Automatic transmissions, sure whatever everyone wants... I personally would never ever ever use a Manual, but whatever :p

Bestorio

This will be used mostly in the Huntley, FBI Rancher, Landstalker, Mesa, and the Rancher.

I think it should also apply to cars such as the Dune and Sandking, as this is a common feature in heavy duty off-road vehicles.
Just for the sake of realism, maybe the fuel consumption should increase/decrease depending on if 2WD/4WD is in use.

masterchief

I think it should also apply to cars such as the Dune and Sandking, as this is a common feature in heavy duty off-road vehicles.
Just for the sake of realism, maybe the fuel consumption should increase/decrease depending on if 2WD/4WD is in use.
id also add them for the bobcat and yosemite as the yosmite kinda represents a older F150 and the bobcat kinda represents a Ford Ranger

sUp5rET.png