Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[x] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[x] Other : In-game chat.

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- A command that allows an individual to toggle RP+ chat, only for himself. As many of us RP+'ers know, it's a common thing to hear 'shut up im trying to RP' in RP+ chat, because it apparently spams people. I'd like to see every RP+ member being able to mute it for himself, so others can have a conversation/discussion without spamming and therefore obstructing other's RP.

Advantages/Benefits
- Less QQ in RP+ chat
- More valid RP, since it's all much more clear

Disadvantages
If any
Can't think of any.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[x] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted. (No idea if it has to be scripted, I don't have any idea what needs to happen to make this lmao)

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- When the script or such thing is ready, load it in, shouldn't be much of a hassle

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Less QQ, more valid and clear RP

Additional information:
-None.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Meh, if it gets abused admins disable it. The whole point of RP Plus chat is so admins can easily communicate with other RP+ members or them with us.

Being able to toggle it completely removes the point of it and suggests you only want RP+ for the IC benefits.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Massive +1, all above are completely wrong.
The rank isn't there for the player to get spammed by another un-nessasary chat system in which they cannot toggle.

Players should be able to disable any chat other than /b and IC related chats.

Such as:
-Admins can personally toggle /a, /sa, /l /h, w/e.
-Faction members can toggle /f whilst in roleplay.
-RP+ can toggle RP+ chat.

Beatty/Dignitize, just because someone doesn't want to be seeing OOC messages while they're IC doesn't mean they want a rank for IC benefits at all. There shouldn't be any IC benefits at all, in the first place... If an admin wants to talk to a roleplay plus member personally then they should be using /pm rather then humiliating the person in a group chat if what they want to talk about is something bad, obviously. If it's not something bad, then it's not worth going OOC for therefor the chat is utterly pointless.

My personal opinion is no player should be categorised unequally, remove RP+ completely.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
I meant be removed temporarily, But yeah this is a fairly easy thing to implement so I don't see why not. I would be down for RP+ removal too but I guess some players see it as an achievement.

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator
One question.
Could anyone tell me why we even have RP+ on the server? It's mostly used from RP+ players to say "I RP better than you" and stuff... In my opinion.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
One question.
Could anyone tell me why we even have RP+ on the server? It's mostly used from RP+ players to say "I RP better than you" and stuff... In my opinion.

That's the point
It's to glorify those who can rp better by giving them a fancy nametag colour and a private rp chat

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
That's the point
It's to glorify those who can rp better by giving them a fancy nametag colour and a private rp chat

Just so it motivates people to keep on learning how to RP better. Only thing is, I see lots of people in RP+ getting lazy in their way of rp, since they already have it all. But meh

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Just so it motivates people to keep on learning how to RP better. Only thing is, I see lots of people in RP+ getting lazy in their way of rp, since they already have it all. But meh

Most people pay for it nowadays lol

sUp5rET.png