Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- There are a couple of parts I think would be good.

The first is vehicles spawned by the fire script should be deleted as soon as the fire is extinguished. Today I saw at least one instance where a vehicle that was spawned by the script was stolen afterwards, without any hotwiring or keys needed.

The second is the fire calls be spawned by LSES member proximity. What this means is if there is an LSES member patrolling, the call could be generated a reasonable distance away, but not too far. This would eliminate the fire department responding, and while en route teh call times out and they never get to it. Likewise, if they are simply at the fire hall, the script wouldn't generate a fire outside the response distance

A third part would be a random NPC in the river for LSES to perform SAR missions. Possibly have a car floating in the river, with the NPC ped drowning nearby, that way LSES can either respond by boat or by helicopter

Advantages/Benefits
Would allow for a more dynamic variety of locations for the calls, and would also make less frustrated firefighters who never actually get to the calls because of distance

Disadvantages
If any
The proximity based one might be more difficult to script

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Pretty please

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- More fun for the firefighters

Additional information:
- For the proximity one, maybe just limit the fire calls to the small towns and small trailer parks within red county rather than by vehicle proximity

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
Re: Suggestion-- Fire script improvement

Okay. Fine woth it all. But did you know I was the one who acually started the fire? :D

herrdag

MTARP Player
Donator

For SAES, there would be more RP, which is good.
There should also be a script for if there is an arson, an NPC for example, where they try running before we taze them. And we could interact with them, and after arrest them. That would be more RP for SAPD too.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend

The first is vehicles spawned by the fire script should be deleted as soon as the fire is extinguished. Today I saw at least one instance where a vehicle that was spawned by the script was stolen afterwards, without any hotwiring or keys needed.

The vehicle deletes itself 30 minutes after the call, I've lowered it to 20 minutes.

It's all nice you guys are trying to find something to interact and roleplay with, but have you ever tried passive roleplay? All I see is you complaining about how you have nothing to do, yet I haven't seen you roleplaying in-game except responding to calls and some smaller conversations between each other. Have you tried holding public lessons to players, learning them how to do CPR? Perhaps make an event in one of the counties simulating a scene of someone getting a heart attack and you saving them? I haven't seen a SINGLE situation like that, yet all you request are more scripts for yourselves. You do realize you have the most scripts too? We all know ES isn't the most needed faction due to our roleplay standards (which we hope to increase day by day), however that is no reason for You to complain if you're not trying to improve it as well, and by improving I don't mean requesting a dozen of new scripts that only you'd be able to use which would probably get boring after few uses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beatty

Donator

It's all nice you guys are trying to find something to interact and roleplay with, but have you ever tried passive roleplay? All I see is you complaining about how you have nothing to do, yet I haven't seen you roleplaying in-game except responding to calls and some smaller conversations between each other. Have you tried holding public lessons to players, learning them how to do CPR? Perhaps make an event in one of the counties simulating a scene of someone getting a heart attack and you saving them? I haven't seen a SINGLE situation like that, yet all you request are more scripts for yourselves. You do realize you have the most scripts too? We all know ES isn't the most needed faction due to our roleplay standards (which we hope to increase day by day), however that is no reason for You to complain if you're not trying to improve it as well, and by improving I don't mean requesting a dozen of new scripts that only you'd be able to use which would probably get boring after few uses.

Beautifully said. Very little roleplay is even done in regards to accidents, one of the main call types Fire Departments and medical responders get. Oils leak sometimes when there is a wreck, did you know that is considered HAZMAT? What about scene cleanup, vehicle parts in the roadway. Not just accidents either, just about every type of roleplay. I would strongly consider less focus on medical roleplay and more focus on every other area. No one expects you to be anything but basic at medical roleplay, and the hospital is automatic so you shouldn't waste time being tedious and bored unless both parties want it.

People don't like roleplaying injuries/accidents/passive clinic type roleplay because either ES complains about people doing it, they don't want to do it, or they go about it the wrong way and it makes it very tedious and boring roleplay to do. If I wreck and call 911, I bet 100% that only an ambulance would respond and the only roleplay done would be to put me on a stretcher and take me to the hospital. No one would do a small, passive roleplay of checking me out and then sending me off as an SOR (Signature of Release, aka opting out of hospital visit). There is no fire personnel to handle any other roleplay which may be involved. If someone calls about a heart attack, I gurantee you most ES members would either ignore it as it's not 'an exciting fire' or would poorly RP it and turn the player off.

Also, did you really suggest having the fires spawned 'closer' so you wouldn't have to respond with the fire department? What the hell, that's the whole point. You go to fires with fire trucks which have appropriate, realistic, roleplay gear for them. Your other vehicles would only have an extinguisher at best.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Beautifully said. Very little roleplay is even done in regards to accidents, one of the main call types Fire Departments and medical responders get. Oils leak sometimes when there is a wreck, did you know that is considered HAZMAT? What about scene cleanup, vehicle parts in the roadway. Not just accidents either, just about every type of roleplay. I would strongly consider less focus on medical roleplay and more focus on every other area. No one expects you to be anything but basic at medical roleplay, and the hospital is automatic so you shouldn't waste time being tedious and bored unless both parties want it.

People don't like roleplaying injuries/accidents/passive clinic type roleplay because either ES complains about people doing it, they don't want to do it, or they go about it the wrong way and it makes it very tedious and boring roleplay to do. If I wreck and call 911, I bet 100% that only an ambulance would respond and the only roleplay done would be to put me on a stretcher and take me to the hospital. No one would do a small, passive roleplay of checking me out and then sending me off as an SOR (Signature of Release, aka opting out of hospital visit). There is no fire personnel to handle any other roleplay which may be involved. If someone calls about a heart attack, I gurantee you most ES members would either ignore it as it's not 'an exciting fire' or would poorly RP it and turn the player off.

Also, did you really suggest having the fires spawned 'closer' so you wouldn't have to respond with the fire department? What the hell, that's the whole point. You go to fires with fire trucks which have appropriate, realistic, roleplay gear for them. Your other vehicles would only have an extinguisher at best.........

I actually agree with Beatty as tbh, my main question is, what happened to the RP in car crashes and everything (as in especially when there are plenty of ES, HEX and PD members on). Additionally, a few old members and I actually question (yes I'm HC atm and am trying to make time to fix this), what happened to our HAZMAT unit that was set for quite a while already?? To be honest, what happened with our training standards.

Now for the removal of Medical side, i'd say we should probably perhaps do a test run and see how well it runs in our community as tbh, in many communities in the world, EMS and FD are separate departments (although i understand in most communities in the USA, where the State of San Andreas is fictionally, EMS and FD are the same, as in exactly the same in some sense). It all depends on the community as a whole.

I do quite miss the old days from a few years ago where people actually came onto certain factions to RP, and that included things such as HEX for being a mechanic as an example, LSIA as air traffic control and flight academy (although was quite rare but still happened), and heck, even ES just to RP as ES (yes people used to RP maintaining vehicles, maintaining themselves, and as a department, at times we even were able to hold social events such as camping trips when off duty etc.).

Now back to the OP, I'm glad you made a suggestion to try to make more "RP situations" for ES, however, easiest way to have more RP situations is to literally just have RP situations (as in by the community in general, or even as in ES passive RPing); as a player who has played on RPG/CNR servers and RP'd here for a decent amount of time, i don't want this to become more RPG-ish, especially since this is a RP server [i'd go on a RPG server for RPG stuff lol]. +1 for the scripted fire vehicles. For proximity, i am not sure if we are RPing a state fire department or a county fire department, as if it were to be a county fire department, then yes some of the LS fires are out of our reach (unless you consider Red County as part of the greater Los Santos County) however this isn't a big issue. -1 for NPC rescue, too RPG like (again, we just need the community to RP stuff like car crashes, being stranded, etc, again and then the SAR unit will be used more; tbh, i am not sure what happened with the organization of the SAR unit)

greenops011

Donator
Donator

For proximity, i am not sure if we are RPing a state fire department or a county fire department, as if it were to be a county fire department, then yes some of the LS fires are out of our reach (unless you consider Red County as part of the greater Los Santos County) however this isn't a big issue.

To me it almost seems like we need to revamp how SAES operates. As far as what type of department, I always thought we were county based. I'll pm you Anthony with some ideas

Beatty

Donator

To me it almost seems like we need to revamp how SAES operates. As far as what type of department, I always thought we were county based. I'll pm you Anthony with some ideas

In the essence of the server, the SAES is a state wide operation, state wide jurisdiction. If only for roleplay purposes, in case a crash or wreck happens outside of Red County.

sUp5rET.png