Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- What I'm thinking is a Radio scanner script/object, that has preset freqencies, programmed for police, fire/ems, HEX, and other public safety channels. It would automatically cycle through the channels, and stop when it detects someone talking on it. You would not be able to use it to transmit, and the channels would be locked in

Advantages/Benefits
It could be useful for adding some freelance journalism RP, and could even add some interesting elements to criminal RP

Disadvantages
If any
Could make emergency services RP more difficult, especially if SAPD is investigating criminal activity

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- We would need someone who would be able to script it

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-Would make things a lot more interesting

Additional information:
- As a scanner user IRL, there are a lot of interesting things I've heard on the scanner. I also know police agencies have adapted to more widespread scanner use (i.e. having dedicated encrypted channels for communications that are more sensitive in nature. I think this would be an interesting idea to try out, see how it would be used, and even maybe add a new job (authorized scanner dealer)

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator

This suggestion is actually realistic.

However I think having this IC technology should be restricted to characters who actually know what they're doing.
Maybe have it so you need to make a ticket requesting the item and also provide a RP of installing it.

However with the current quality of roleplay being very win-based and unrealistic, -1.

jameshargus

Los Santos Police Department
+1 interesting... but eveeryone would get one not something you want everyone to get... of course make it so if we ever get bigger and expand we can go digital and keep them from scanning things like PD

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Police departments can clear their radio for scanner use or not IRL, my department has no scanner for instance. In terms of MTA, this isn't very useful I would imagine, as even if you could, move chatter goes through TeamSpeak anyway.

sUp5rET.png