Malachi

Updating The Item Images

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[X] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Replacing the outdated, semi-ugly looking item pictures with new, better looking image files.
(e.g replacing the gun & ammo pack image files)
Advantages/Benefits
- Possibly attracts more players with the cleaner look.

Disadvantages
If any
- None.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[X] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Couple of good Photoshop Gurus could come together and start designing some things.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Would make the server look nicer.

Additional information:
- I will attempt on making some of my own, also replying once I get them finished.

i would be willing to help find/make new icons. As we do this we should also add lots of new items! like food, tools, household stuff. it will allow for better roleplay due to having multiple objects to trade, sell interact with. insted of Softdrink have different types of softdrinks...

this will also boost police RP for littering, sanitation department, possibility for a garbage truck job where like the deliver job you stop at locations to pickup trash..

Malachi

Just a couple I got together for the 'main' categories, this is a example of what I mean.
backpack.png

keys.png

wallet.png

weapons.png

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Just a couple I got together for the 'main' categories, this is a example of what I mean.
backpack.png

keys.png

wallet.png

weapons.png

The bag looks like a female one, it surely won't attract players. The car key's shadow is messed up, plus it's looking uglier than the current one. The wallet is fine, although I'd suggest something new here for wallets and other things. And that revolver, what the hell man, where did you see that in GTA:SA? It's old-style, non-usable in this game, and it's even photoshopped badly (look at the wood part, blurry as hell, looks like a childish gun toy).

+1 for the suggestion though, the icons really suck. This will take a huge time to be made, and people willing to do this till the end.

Malachi

The bag looks like a female one, it surely won't attract players. The car key's shadow is messed up, plus it's looking uglier than the current one. The wallet is fine, although I'd suggest something new here for wallets and other things. And that revolver, what the hell man, where did you see that in GTA:SA? It's old-style, non-usable in this game, and it's even photoshopped badly (look at the wood part, blurry as hell, looks like a childish gun toy).

+1 for the suggestion though, the icons really suck. This will take a huge time to be made, and people willing to do this till the end.

As I said it was a 'example' not supposed to be the ones added.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
200 pictures done in an hour? Wonder how that will work out lol.

done

fixed up alot of icons, replaced a bunch, and it fits with what we have ig, so you wont need to be worrying about seeing a rocket launcher picture on a tec 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png