sUp5rET.png

The Changes That Had To Happen

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor

The Changes That Had To Happen

Hello,

As some may have noticed I took over as CM after being away for some time.

I took over this responsibility again, under circumstances that we're able to make some required changes.
And so it has been done.

A lot is still happening, however here is some of what has been done:

• Player Banks Capped at $250,000
  • V12s & V16s have been changed (v12 = 17 power, v16 = 30 power) speed untouched
  • LSPD cars are 17 power, LSPD HSU = 40 power for balance
  • Interest is no longer given to bank accounts over $10,000,000
  • Interest Rates for Banks lowered (0.1%)
  • Faction Banks stripped (excluding Gov & necessary legal ones)
  • Warning for Staff if a player has over $10k on hand and 10% chance of automatic robbery
  • Faction Paydays, max. pay lowered from $2,500 to $1,250
  • Mods have been re-visited (Police Mods Changed)
  • Donator Menu Reflects Changes
  • Crusher Pays Out 20% (bonus given if it is a v12/v16)
  • Sell Property (/sellproperty) payout lowered to 20%
  • Vehicle Tax has been lowered to compensate economy changes
  • Property Tax has been lowered to compensate economy changes
  • Added /estimate to know how much you will receive when you /sellproperty
  • More Frequent paydays (if you have a hour in /timesaved) rather than having to wait until the hour.
  • All ATM's now support Deposit

We understand this begs a few questions, so let's handle what we can now.

What will happen with our vehicles?
Vehicles are remaining untouched. We expect players to crush/sell them as needed in order to pay for taxes & finances.

What will happen with our interiors?
We will not be touching interiors either, what's yours is yours, we just changed some economic standpoints.

Will the bank accounts lowered affect anything?
Yes, and no. You will not be making much money to cover taxes, which could get your vehicles repossessed. So please make sure your balance is enough to cover these taxes, or sell the vehicles :)

What else will be changed?
We have no definitive answer, mostly just cosmetic changes (mods, mapping, etc.)

What if I donated lately?
Donators in the last 6 months will be reimbursed fully via vPoints.

We want to thank everyone for being here through this time, please know that all of our changes are for the best interest of the server.

On another hand,
We are looking for Faction Leaders!
- SAES
- SAN
- Hex
Contact myself, hopzzz, or any higher admin for questions.

Thank you,
- MTA:RP Higher Administration

Last edited by a moderator:

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I'm working with Mach2 to implement these changes and hopefully improve the server for the better.
If you have any ideas that might further this agenda please feel free to let us know, and we invite you to come check things out IG.
If there's any reason you cant get IG I encourage you to make a ticket so we can handle it as soon as possible :)

Capping the bank accounts at 250K is not right. I have invested thousands of hours to get my player where he is at. now when i play all i can do is loose money. not fun at all

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Technically you should be gaining money, as you are under the cap to get bank interest. None of your assets are gone, just the bank balance, so in theory you could sell unused items to raise that balance back up.

okay so sell a property for 20k max out my bank account and i still get taxed for my other assets. the jacksons have always had properties. thats how they made their money. but now i just get screwed. i have to sell my properties at a huge loss due to the new rules anyways. just seems like players who actually played a RP life and built a life for their character is getting screwed hardcore. all property management is now forced to be only done by the server/scripts. no need for players to invest into the "economy" as you say. buy a property but if you want to sell it for a profit it is impossible.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
As stated in the IC thread, the /sellproperty is considered a buyout which is always lower than the buy price, which is why we do encourage you to sell it to another player.

As stated in the IC thread, the /sellproperty is considered a buyout which is always lower than the buy price, which is why we do encourage you to sell it to another player.

okay but we used our old money to purchase it. so i paid more than 3x what players can have in bank currently (250k). so it now becomes a complete loss in my characters life because nobody is going to buy it for their entire bank account. so i wuld have to sell at a lower percentage than the /sellproperty would even give me. which then the player could now then purchase that property again for lower price and much less taxes? im getting hit with over 16K in taxes for properties I have.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
okay but we used our old money to purchase it. so i paid more than 3x what players can have in bank currently (250k). so it now becomes a complete loss in my characters life because nobody is going to buy it for their entire bank account. so i wuld have to sell at a lower percentage than the /sellproperty would even give me. which then the player could now then purchase that property again for lower price and much less taxes? im getting hit with over 16K in taxes for properties I have.

That's the point of economy change. Everyone, not only you lost their money and the value in their properties. Now if they want to keep their ownings, they have to compensate from somewhere. I guess it is /sellproperting your properties or crushing your vehicles, and slowly the money will come back. Now you have to work again to be a millionaire. If you're getting $16.000 in property taxes, then you surely have to sell some of these, otherwise you will lose them anyways. We truly hope you will see past it and into the future, I'm sure it won't take long till we have millionaire around. I for example will take this chance to start my character story again with new life and new purposes. I'd say this was needed to save the roleplay.

Nice update. Happy roleplaying!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I know this can be upsetting to those whom have worked hard but no matter what kind of a situation you were in, making these small changes were required.

Having 12k in taxes is a lot, but the amount of vehicles you have must be a lot as well, and compensate for that.

That's the point of economy change. Everyone, not only you lost their money and the value in their properties. Now if they want to keep their ownings, they have to compensate from somewhere. I guess it is /sellproperting your properties or crushing your vehicles, and slowly the money will come back. Now you have to work again to be a millionaire. If you're getting $16.000 in property taxes, then you surely have to sell some of these, otherwise you will lose them anyways. We truly hope you will see past it and into the future, I'm sure it won't take long till we have millionaire around. I for example will take this chance to start my character story again with new life and new purposes. I'd say this was needed to save the roleplay.

Nice update. Happy roleplaying!

you cant become a millionaire if all your allowed to have is 250K.

I also believe a way you could help the economy is make it to where stores cant all sell the same stuff. each shop should be able to pick 3-4 items to sell from the products list. that way it allows other players to want to invest smaller amounts into the businesses. because they will actually be making a profit ya know? or allow them a item that they get to choose the description, item name, and icon and RPly it will e used by characters. this will allow for much more jobs abilitie and such. for custom artwork, collectors, specialty shops, custom car parts only sold by certain shops.

you cant become a millionaire if all your allowed to have is 250K.

may have mis-understood the bank accounts are capped at 250K. i took it as thats all your allowed to have in the bank. lol making a little more sense but still dang! lol i hope it brings players back thoe for real :) the Jacksons need a comeback for sure

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
may have mis-understood the bank accounts are capped at 250K. i took it as thats all your allowed to have in the bank. lol making a little more sense but still dang! lol i hope it brings players back thoe for real :) the Jacksons need a comeback for sure

Yea, everyone must work their way back up now.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Small Update:
I made a slight tweak, if you own three or less cars you will receive an $80 discount per car for taxes.

On the other hand, if you own 7 or more, you will be charged $80 extra. (Previously $175)

If you fall between those two, you will be charged the standard vehicle taxes.

We are looking into a similar system for interiors.

AdamZZ

Roleplay + member
Donator
I don't want to hate on you guys or anything, but this aint really fair imo..
Everyone has just been set to 250k no matter how they got their money, how long it took them to get it and what not.
Alot of people, including myself, spent money to buy vpoints, to then sell them in the exchange... Honestly I feel screwed over.
I understand you want to fix the economy, but this is really not the way to go about it.. It's not fair what so ever.
--- I can't even play on the server because if I do every payday I lose $20,000... Scrapping all my cars and so on is just dumb, it took me ages to aquire the cars and properties, I don't see how it's fair to just say "You chose, you either play and sell most of your shit, half of it which you paid for with irl money, or you don't play and save your stuff."

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
That's the point though, no one should have that many cars and properties where you get charged $20k.

On top of that, people have the wrong idea of the Payday system.

You aren't supposed to get free money, if you are in a faction you are getting your Payday, and if not then yes, like in real life, you deal with taxes and so on and so forth and you are expected to WORK in game, yes WORK. Why you ask? Well.. it is roleplay, so..

With that, start an IC business to cover the costs!

Have fun!

AdamZZ

Roleplay + member
Donator
I've been in places where people have 20 cars in a warehouse, each car is worth shit tone. That's a warehouse on a property which serves as a storage area. They then have three separate garages, which are full of the newest cars, and several cars parked outside.
1. Not every car is insured or so, so they don't really pay a lot for those, if you want to make it realistic make it so that every car has a separate insurance detail or so.
2. I was in a faction, I was earning money. That money made up 2.5k of the 20k dept.
3. I only have two properties.
4. Businesses don't actually earn money in game, unlike in real life, there is a very limited amount of people, there for there's an even more limited amount of customers, most of whom own their own businesses. One of the only profitable businesses in game is the modifications shop, which I doubt anyone can earn money from counting how many of these exist which are owned already.
5. What you're doing is damaging the economy further. Instead of everyone being rich, everyone'll be poor. I don't see the point in that to be exact.
6. I agree, no ones taxes should add up to $20,000. So why do they? It's not realistic.

Asides from that, I think I agree with you.

p.s.

You still haven't refeered the issue of me paying money to sell Vpoints. No I don't have the vpoints, as they were sold, and I don't have the money, as it was reset to 250k.

sUp5rET.png