sUp5rET.png

Vehicle System

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
We need community help here on brainstorming. A vehicle system is what we want implemented eventually, something that is not only fair but realistic.

We already know most the community (a majority) support the removal of speed mods. What we cannot do is totally remove them until some type of system is put in place that can semi-replace this.

Topics to Remember:

Realism

We have to remember this is a Roleplay server and what we have right now, is completely and utterly unrealistic in terms of speed, power and acceleration. This means anything that we replace it with, is going to feel slow and sluggish for at least a few days as people get used to it again.

Script Capability

No wild-west cowboy ideas, try to be courteous and nice to our scriptors. They don't get paid, they work for free and are not professionals ( :p ). That being said, do not go over board. We need something that works, and eventually will get added to, not something that is 100% perfect right at this moment.

Basic ideas I had include a matching of all In-Game vehicles to IRL vehicles, then matching their speed & power to IRL counterparts based on an algorithm. I would be willing to provide research if it was to be made In-Game by one of our lovely developers.

After that, as far as a modding system goes, I believe restricting to Hex and certified mechanics (whose license expires monthly or bi-monthly) would be a good counter to making it not common on every vehicle and helping to ensure at least most are roleplayed.

Modding Capabilities

Basically a set algorithm that would improve vehicles speed/power by a certain % based on its current values. Can only be done once per vehicle. So say a Sultan was matched to 19 power and 190 speed. By giving it a little work and modifications to be done by someone who knows how cars work, it would increase by 5%, rounding 19 up to 20 and speed to 200.

Possibly... This could be an expiring affect that needs constant maintenance to keep up. Say once a month or so.

THOUGHTS, IDEAS, YOUR OWN SUGGESTIONS!?!?!?!?! HALP.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
How about a way to make the engine IG RPly. Like you gotta buy the parts, wait for them to come in the mail. Then gotta rp installing them or have someone else install them. Then once you have all the approate parts, a admin puts power in your car. Make the parts somewhat expensive but not too much. Like make it so youd have to spend at 2.5 to 3m to get v12 in your car. I know thats cheap but you gotta realize for the new players that amout is alot. I don't agree with the removal of speed mods, theres absolute no skill needed to drive a stock car in GTAsa.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
I've seen a few great vehicle systems before, and I think they'd be perfect, but there's the issue of losing the uniqueness..

The idea of matching IG cars to IRL cars is a good idea, and based on the IRL vehicle the speed/power is set. To add on to that, either shops or players decide(within reason) what their vehicle is RP'd as. That way people aren't having to roleplay the same exact vehicle.

But there's also the issue of donator cars, since they all have a specified mod, they all have to be RP'd the same.

After that, as far as a modding system goes, I believe restricting to Hex and certified mechanics (whose license expires monthly or bi-monthly) would be a good counter to making it not common on every vehicle and helping to ensure at least most are roleplayed.

This is something we've been needing for a long time, but we just haven't had the system to do it.

Vercetti

Seems to me that thoughts and ideas are all set but you didn't mention what's going to happen to current speed-mods in-game if this vehicle system is implemented.

Beatty

Donator
Speed mods are going to be removed, 100% no discussion. How and when are to be decided by us at a later date. This thread is NOT to discuss that and further discussion on it will be deleted... On topic please :)

Beatty

Donator
I've seen a few great vehicle systems before, and I think they'd be perfect, but there's the issue of losing the uniqueness..

The idea of matching IG cars to IRL cars is a good idea, and based on the IRL vehicle the speed/power is set. To add on to that, either shops or players decide(within reason) what their vehicle is RP'd as. That way people aren't having to roleplay the same exact vehicle.

But there's also the issue of donator cars, since they all have a specified mod, they all have to be RP'd the same.

This is something we've been needing for a long time, but we just haven't had the system to do it.

I am not sure what other servers use, so you'll have to point anything out that's like other peoples. :D

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
Didnt we want to be unique? Meh, speedmods could be used for example. I dont see the point of making a huge script what every RP server has.

Engines

5 PWR & SPEED 200 - 1M
10 PWR & SPEED 200 - 3M
15 PWR & SPEED 200 -5M

Engine chipping (2 max per car)

+1 PWR - 500,000$ (Stage 1)
+1 PWR - 1,000,000$ (Stage 2)

Can be combined - makes no sense but meh.

SPEED

210 - 5M
215 - 7,5M
220 - 10M
230 - 15M

+ Add a system where cars would lose power depending on their damage percentage.

+ Offroad tires giving extra grip

- Limiting trucks with the 1st engine pack and setting max speed to 140. Towtrucks having the possibility for engine pack 2 and limited to 170.

- 3rd engine pack + 230 speed only to sports cars.

JUST A IDEA, dont hate

It will be a lot of easier to refund the current cars in this way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erron

Well , IMO , car parts are the most Roleplay-ish way along with the algorithm Beatty said.
Generics to car parts.What I mean?Name generics like chassis , gearbox , etc... and sell those things either in HEX or in other shops around RC.
Each part would be something unique like turocharge or supercharge gonna give you extra horsepower therefore speed.Chassis gonna make the handling harder so balancing it out shall be a way.
Yeah , basically that's my idea.

Zander

Generic items have no effect on cars, if you want them to have an effect I can see major abuse coming from admin team. It happens, we all know.

Having something that will actually cost something can fix the economy in long term and keep the donations flowing. Somebody has to pay the bills also

Zander

Didnt we want to be unique? Meh, speedmods could be used for example. I dont see the point of making a huge script what every RP server has.

Engines

5 PWR & SPEED 200 - 1M
10 PWR & SPEED 200 - 3M
15 PWR & SPEED 200 -5M

SPEED

210 - 5M
215 - 7,5M
220 - 10M
230 - 15M

+ Add a system where cars would lose power depending on their damage percentage.

- Limiting trucks with the 1st engine pack and setting max speed to 140. Towtrucks having the possibility for engine pack 2 and limited to 170.

JUST A IDEA, dont hate

Any thoughts on this? Make like ellos car npc and have people buy things from there - belive me, tons of money would disappear from the server soon.

greenops011

Donator
Donator
What i think would be cool, is having it so that licensed mechanics (( like myself )), can tune the ECM (Engine Control Module) of cars, not only making the engine perform better, but we could then RP vehicle recalls, which would require owners to visit a mechanic or hex to have them reprogram the ECM with a patch, (( Ford had to issue a pretty big recall last august due to the fuel injector pump shutting off randomly causing random stalls, which is something we could script in maybe. to see the media release for ideas, go here: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ecalls-and-one-safety-compliance-recall-.html )). Something like this would be very unique

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Easy, want a custom car? Script the top line of the description to be edited by certain ranks only, then have them set the car stats (speed, power, awd, etc.) based on the model. It will be paid for depending on the model requested and must limit the quantity of rare cars (I.E. Nissan Skyline GT-R) and the model of the car must match the one it has IG. For example, an elegy can NOT be a Retired Police Interceptor.. if they request a Nissan Skyline, they must charity 900k for it, for example. Once vehicle is sold, it will be sold as is with the model assigned to it. Once it has a model it can not be changed nor removed.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator

Engines

5 PWR & SPEED 200 - 1M
10 PWR & SPEED 200 - 3M
15 PWR & SPEED 200 -5M

SPEED

210 - 5M
215 - 7,5M
220 - 10M
230 - 15M

JUST A IDEA, dont hate

stock cars are about 9 to 14 power lol

greenops011

Donator
Donator
All I know is that if you do this and don't even care what the community thinks, mtarp is dead.

I never said I don't care what the community thinks, I said its not going to affect my enjoyment of the server. What is killing MTARP is peoples dependence on pay2win. There are a lot of ideas that people have for the server, but I guarentee you ( and i'm speaking from my own personal experience too), these Ideas aren't getting sugessted because people know everyone will start bitching about how they are losing their "cars that they paid a lot of money for". The way the server is, no one is donating. They are buying vPoints under the guise of donating. Its embarrasing

Emilio

Donator
Donator
Speed mods are going to be removed, 100% no discussion. How and when are to be decided by us at a later date. This thread is NOT to discuss that and further discussion on it will be deleted... On topic please :)

look at dis mate, read it word by word.

sUp5rET.png