sUp5rET.png

10 Gigabit Server - Coming Soon

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
As you may have noticed recently, we have seen some DDoS attacks, For now two days in a row. Our host about a week ago introduced the option for 10 Gbps connections. Now, to pull such a thing they have to run new Fiber lines straight to our server, and all that mess.
We have worked a price with the host, That really is unbeatable.
I have went ahead and paid the setup costs, and first month for our 10Gbps connection from my own pocket, And we are going to host a x2 sale to recover the cost of that upgrade.
We are expected to be on 10Gbps next week, and we will NOT have a IP Change when doing so.

More information to come on all of that, but for now the x2 Donation sale is live. We plan to raise $250 (The cost for 10Gbps setup) before the sale ends, but who knows how long that can take, You guys are usually pretty awesome at meeting our goals quickly.

Thanks
-Overload

hugopereira100

I play here from almost the very beggining, though my forum acc is new cause I never used forums, I never donated because there is no way to donate with cellphone money, if you could get that, I guess more people would donate ;3

MichaelNL

Donator
Donator
I play here from almost the very beggining, though my forum acc is new cause I never used forums, I never donated because there is no way to donate with cellphone money, if you could get that, I guess more people would donate ;3

That's hard to do because people from all over the world play here.. ;)

Chase

tumblr_n0duntMjWs1ts17hho1_400.gif

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We have already raised our Goal amount. In order to make sure everyone has a fair shot at getting in on the sale, we will leave it on for exactly 24 hours. The sale will end TODAY at 01:21 PM

Chase

We have already raised our Goal amount. In order to make sure everyone has a fair shot at getting in on the sale, we will leave it on for exactly 24 hours. The sale will end TODAY at 01:21 PM

Awesome skittles!

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
As you can see from that tracking number, it seems retarded USPS has lost the package.
So we don't really know when this is gonna get done.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Rush ordered a new part! We should get moved on to 10Gbps Today or tomorrow!! We will update when it actually happens.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
You should update your sig with the speedtest once it shows.

The issue with that is, There are like NO 10Gbps Speed test servers near our servers location. The ones that use to show the speed in my sig now cant even do a full 1Gbps speed test. We are now faster than 100% of the US LOL.
Or at least we will be in a few hours. Install is expected to be this afternoon sometime, without any actual time given.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
The issue with that is, There are like NO 10Gbps Speed test servers near our servers location. The ones that use to show the speed in my sig now cant even do a full 1Gbps speed test. We are now faster than 100% of the US LOL.
Or at least we will be in a few hours. Install is expected to be this afternoon sometime, without any actual time given.

Damn niggah. Ya ballin aye!! :D

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Just so everyone is up to date, We had a delay in our Install again.. The 10Gbps NIC that the hosting company ordered is not compatible with our server (Couldn't find drivers) The host is ordering yet another NIC for the server, and do not yet have a estimated date for setup.. The downtime we had yesterday was a complete waste of time.
Although getting frustrated with our host, They are staying in good communication about the whole situation.. They are also cutting us quite a discount on getting this 10Gbbps so i cant complain about that at all.. More info as it becomes available.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Just a small update to this...
We waited a month, and finally told our host to forget it and give us our money back.. We got tired of waiting, and being fed story after story yet nothing was getting done.
We have had a conversation with the host this week, in preparation for our upcoming weekend event, and how we will need a team to monitor our server all weekend to try and kill any attempted ddos attacks. The host has promised to be able to get us on 10Gbps by this weekend if we want to proceed with that order we had previously cancelled.
We are giving them another shot at this, and hopefully they actually come through with it this time!

We will keep you updated on how things go :)

Chase

We are giving them another shot at this, and hopefully they actually come through with it this time!

I would think getting a server setup properly isn't rocket science. but I'm not good at science so I wouldn't be able to compare.

The feeling of a 10gb would feel real nice.

sUp5rET.png