sUp5rET.png

A dream about the world of San Andreas MTA Roleplay

Mujibi

Hello guys I'm a new member of the San Andreas MTA Server and I was welcomed by the admins and players a I got started in this, for me, new server.

I'm posting this trhead to share my experience on the server and my idea of a good multiplayer server now days for those who care to know.

Please do not think and here to criticize positively or negatively the server. It's just my opinion and what I think about it.

Also my english is not very good, so I might make some mistakes. Sorry.

Pros

As I played through the server I found some features really good:
  • A lot of "tutorial" material to get started in the game, much information available to the player allowing a better start in a server where there's much to learn;

• No commands to interact with NPCs and machines, simple clicks to do what you want;

• Lot's of houses to buy, adding a lot of variety to prices as well;

• The veteran RP players are very good and usualy nice to new players, I slowly got settled in with some of their help making me a better RP player my self;

• The aceptance of everybody who wants to have fun while respecting the freedom of the other players. When I got to the server I did not even know most of the rules and I did not started killing everybody but I'm really not used to some RP elements and no one kicked me out for that so I learned some and I'm still learning, even invited some friends to play with me.

• The items you can buy. Most of them have a purpose and contributes to kinda a progression as we make a living with our caracter and get more items our lives are easier.

• Custom radios. Really liked it, it's diferent songs and I could here what other players were listening, cool.

• Really liked the fuel system, it takes a while to empy but you really need to keep track of it. Also it's another expense the player has.
  • The player capacity of the server. There is a huge amount of players that can enter the server and it's really nice to know that ins some ocasions the server might be full of live.

• The registration sistem is simple and quick, everything we need to do is included in one single window in which we fill the information and choose how we would prefer to look like, not every SA multiplayer server has that.

Cons:

Nevertheless after a few hours I started to find the playing kinda boring, I'm sorry to say:

• Little activity of admins and few players playing. Normaly seems the serves has 30 to 40 players and they do not tend to interact with each other much;

• Car shops are actually awesome and simple to use, but it would be better if there was more vehicle choices (maybe they are available?). As I wanted to choose my car I had to wait for the respawns to get something I would like, the cars would repeat a lot and dispite the concept being good it could have more vehicles involved.

• Some informations are difficult to find. Informations of how to see the money I have in my pocket, copy house or vehicle keys, fill deposit commands and others should be shown better to the player (If they are sorry).

• Llack of server events. From what I experienced server has no automatic events, there should be some activities to do such as races, DM (or paintball to be more like RP) and many other minigames so players can have more fun.

• Lack of jobs variety and creativity. When I saw the list of jobs, I though that each one would be done diferently, instead most of the jobs available seem to be going arround check points which is kinda boring. :'(

• Job promotions. Do they even exist? If they do it's fine, but if players work on that job and don't get promoted how they are going to feel like they are progressing towards a "better life"?

• Real time in game. This is not cool at all has I can never experience night time because I am asleep, nobody plays this 24 by 24. :/

• I don't remember anything else, sorry. x)

My Thoughts​

So we have gone through what I think it's good and what I think it's bad on the server, now I'm going to try and explain my concept of a good server in general, appart from this one or others:
  • The focus is on player entertainement and making him enjoy playing a lot in the server, and eveything brances out from this idea;

• Variety is important since we humans are bored easly. Lots of houses, business, vehicles and items to buy, activities and jobs to chose from.

• Everything gets added progressively. Rome wasn't build in one day, and for some projects to be the greatest and the best ones have to be built slowly and with rigor, every feature or other matters are dealt with the time they need.

The activities and jobs on RP and other type of multiplayer servers are what player will do the must to earn their money an to progress through the game as they interact with other players as well. Let's go through some suggestions for these issues.

I think we all have experienced the loneliness and boredom some jobs and activities most servers transmit to us as we play them. That happens because most servers have player based jobs. And by that I mean the player has to interact with another player in order to fufil properly the role of a job. Let's see some examples:

Bus Driver
The player drives a bus through a route arround the city and has to pick players waiting for transportation.

Cab Driver
Player has to receive calls from other players and pick them up, he can pick up other players he finds in need of transportation.

So with this kind of job usually what happens is you are not going to pick as much people as you hoped or even pick anyone at all. So my suggestion would be pick up NPCs arround town, spawn them, pick up players as well, if there are two or more bus/cab drivers maybe compete for the client, that way jobs get more interesting and the player can still pick up other players.

And then there are jobs in which we have to drive to checkpoints and wait for some seconds then drive to another set of checkpoints. These are usualy deliveries of some sort.

What I sugest is to try and improve them, maybe race with another to the delivery checkpoints, if it's an strict RP maybe race following traffic rules and get penalties if you dont. Do more than drive there, take the boxes out and place them on the door of the shop. And if that's still boring why not add more activities in the same job, add the possibilty of being attacked by the mob, and lose your van, maybe criminals expecting at the location and you have to call the cops or defent your self. Lot's of ideias to make things interesting.

Cooperation People!
Jobs in servers still seem kinda individual, if we are playing multiplayer, it's better the most thing we do are done with other players.

Why not insert like a party system, if theres two players in a party maybe one can drive and the other load or unload the truck, both win the same.

Shared objectives allow cooperation and improved interation between players. Also it's possible to maintain the jobs individual so players can do them alone too.

While working individually maybe bots/NPCs could fill some roles, being replaced by players anytime they want to join in.

Job Suggestions​

There are my job suggestions of what would be some kind of less boring activities for us players to do:

Legal Jobs - For the players who want to get a "legitimate life" in game.

BMX\Cycling Professional
Show your tricks to the other players while wining money. San Andreas has a place for it in Los Santos but maybe it could be done on lot's of locations such as the country side, SF and LV!

Go in races with mountain bikes, time trial or agains players in many San Andreas Locations.

Player would register to be in this job, would be allowed to use his own bike or one given by the employing agency and do jumps and tricks to make a living, it seems fun and I'm sure many players like to be stunt man.

Maybe more players could tag along wining a bonus while they show their stuff together.

Other aspect of it, it that it would in fact bring others players to watch it maybe.

People Recuers/Fireman (I don't knowt the proper name)
This job would feature saving NPCs in the middle of dangerous locations such as mountains or sea, other players could ask for help as well, putting down fires which could do arm do players, refuel trucks or as you get promoted train other NPC and players to be fireman. So many objecties this could have!

Airplane/Helicopter Pilot
Many people like to fly, see other places, take NPCs or players to another places by plane. Get penalties for falling behind schedule. Have problems on the airplane and take it to maintnance with a player mechanic or a NPC one.

Train Driver
Some people like trains, it's fun and adds a bit more life to the city. Pick up NPCs and players who want to change scenery.

Now this job would just have maybe trhee places to fill, because if everyone wanted to be a train driver there would be a lot of trains involved. (haha)

Hunter
I don't know if this is possible in MTA but I think some people would liek to hunt animals in the forest
in change for some coins.

Activities​

The most interesting activities for me would be races, maybe some sport like volleyball, tennis or football it would be cool and parachuting and stuff.

Please know this is my opinion and it's not my intention to offend anything or anyone.

Do you think most RP jobs are boring? Which job/activitie to you think it would take MTA RP/Freeroam to the next level?

Let me know.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Admins, players etc..:

With atleast 40+ people online we lack on suitable admins. Atleast to fill some holes in our schedule, we got a awesome team but we can't be online 24/7 so it could be that your report isn't being answered.

Players interactive with players:

We can't tell people enough times to actually encounter people on a good and somethimes bad manner, we're all here for fun and to enjoy our stay as a Roleplayed character.

Jobs:
We got some jobs at city hall BUT we don't want mindless zombies driving around in a bus or taxi all the time. We encourage people to RP togethere, searching a job.. Joining a faction. It's all about being together rather then driving a bus to location 1,2,3,4 etc.

Car shop:

There are alot vehicles that are able to be purshased, eather in the shop or by players.
If you can't find any, you can simply report for it so we can create one for you.

Real time day/night:

We could change it to night or change the cyclus instead of 24 hours to be like 5 hours or so. But there will be no diffrence, people will do the exact same thing.

No idea what to do:

We got admins being able to solve your question, we also got RP+ members (red tag) that you could ask a question to.

Hope it covered some stuff up.

Deli

The veteran RP players are very good and usualy nice to new players, I slowly got settled in with some of their help making me a better RP player my self;

Yo' welcome! :)

Mujibi

Thank you for you awnser I understand your point of view, your server is great and I don't know if I got lucky but admins always awsered my questions, not quickly but I got an awnser and solved my problem so it's no big deal.

About mindless zombies driving a bus, it was not what I meant, I mean for the people who works has a Bus Driver for example has NPCs to pick up because almost no one picks up a bus, the idea in general is to make jobs funnier and more enjoyable, I hope you understand. :)

Let me leave you with this question. Do you plan to add new features to the server in the feature?

Look I know this is only my opinion but besides interaction with the player I think the activites the server has or any server really should be less individual. Thanks you for reading and replying to this post!

I barely expained my ideias because I thought no one would care so thanks guys!

Tseard

Welcome to the server!

As an admin already posted, they will do something with it, thanks again for posting those suggestions!

sUp5rET.png