Hoofdwout
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
My request is to allow characters with an age lower than 18 and not younger than 13. This could (or not) create some roleplay within MTA:RP. People can adopt childs! And it creates a little bit of realism. Only seeing 18+ characters is already realistic but including a few child characters doesn't hurt immersion does it?

Just set up rules about Child Characters and remove the characters of those who abuse them.

Advantages/Benefits
- Creates Roleplay.
- People can adopt child characters!

Disadvantages
If any
- None I can think of.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
It'd be a nice addition and creates some RP.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
It creates roleplay as I mentioned above!

Additional information:
N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

Erron

Has been suggested before.
-1 from me , there will be a lot of non-rp , especially with illegal factions and weapons.

Rass

<b><span style="background: url(http://forum.ragez
Donator
Well if there's a rule that doesnt allow children alts to own weapons and stuff like that then yes +1 we could try

MrWatskeburt

Hoofdwout
Well if there's a rule that doesnt allow children alts to own weapons and stuff like that then yes +1 we could try

Has been suggested before.
-1 from me , there will be a lot of non-rp , especially with illegal factions and weapons.

First of all, setting up a rule where childs cannot join Illegal Factions and posses Illegal Weaponry is mandatory. Why would a child walk down the street with an AK-47u just because "I feel gangster and I'm cosplaying! Yay!". And, where do you see NON RP coming in @MegaDreams?

Last edited by a moderator:

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
It'd be weird and un-necessary, -1

There are no children skins so how do we know if someone is a child from far away?

MrWatskeburt

Hoofdwout
It'd be weird and un-necessary, -1

There are no children skins so how do we know if someone is a child from far away?

Try to make the best childish skin possible and bind a /do or an /b telling them to check your /look? Or /look yourself? Something like that is called Common Sense y'know? I always /look to check people's ages to prevent any misunderstandings.

-1, too many morbid things can happen and overall, our RP level isn't high enough or mature enough. Remember, this game is rated M (17+) by ESRB, 18+ by PEGI and MA15+ in Australia, NOT the restricted ratings which allow for some morbid things to happen like this (e.g. AO here in North America); the material is too much for most players on the server now (since most aren't even 17 yet)

I'd say we only allow 16+ (since 16 or older can apply for a driver's license)
Actually in many jurisdictions around the world, it is 17+ and 18+. In Alberta and some of the States, the min age is 13+, 14+, 15+ and that is only the written test, thus they get a dumbed down version of a learner's permit (in Ontario, it's called the G1) where they must drive with an experienced driver beside them until they pass the roadtest 1-2 years (again, depends on jurisdiction) after their learner's permit. For example, for context with GTASA, in California, earliest age is 15.5 years old and same with Nevada.

Erron

First of all, setting up a rule where childs cannot join Illegal Factions and posses Illegal Weaponry is mandatory. Why would a child walk down the street with an AK-47u just because "I feel gangster and I'm cosplaying! Yay!". And, where do you see NON RP coming in @MegaDreams?
Well , implying a totally new rule about this will prevent a lot of Non-RP. And what I shot out before is that if there wasn't any rule or something many players could start up a kid character and just walk up to an illegal faction and RP as illegal as an aged person would do , gamewise.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator

I'm sorry but all I can think of are child rapists and non-rp behavior infront of kids.
Not to mention this would need allot of work, Since you'll need to add in skins, edit the age limit in Creating a Character, A LOAD of rules, TONS of restrictions for people who choose an age under 18 for their character (like 0/0 properties, 0/1 Vehicles for bikes, 95% English, disabling /sell, etc...)TONS of non-rp and more non-rp.

Besides mostly ALL OF LOS SANTOS owns either weapons or drugs, how could they be parents? and wait, How would the child live in the server if his parents are offline?

not to mention that IRL, a child wouldn't survive the streets of LS, all the illegal activity and police shootouts and lack of Unarmed Players would be a bad environment for a minor.

I can go on and on and on about the disadvantages of this but I can mention some advantages.

- More realism.
- More people buying condoms.
- More family roleplay, which I really wanna see but It's impossible.
- Pregnant women RP.
- Hospital RP for new deliveries.
- (If playerbase gets big enough in the summer) School roleplay?
I'm sorry but the human race isn't advanced enough for children roleplay.

Deli

If this is added, there'd need to be a lot more scripts implanted such as age limitations for certain consumes.

MrWatskeburt

Hoofdwout
It doesn't require any scripting and I can create some good basic rules. And for crying out loud, NO NEED FOR CAPS OR SIZE DIFFERENCE!

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
Common sense is overrated. I'm not going to go around /look-ing everybody to see if they're under 18 or not, cause that's just foolish and way too command based.

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Common sense is overrated. I'm not going to go around /look-ing everybody to see if they're under 18 or not, cause that's just foolish and way too command based.

I agree.
I totally agree.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Grantal Doe II Walks into the room, /look-ing for a 12 year old
143068bf65422d15.gif

Disturbedai

2K12 MTA:RP MEMBER
Hmm, sorry I'm going to -1 for my vote. I don't think children characters would be a good implement to the server. I guess there is probably a way to make it work, but at the same time people would abuse it, and shit loads of rules would have to be set in-place, and some users still find the current rules hard to follow :D

This is still a very smart idea and would be unique as I've never seen it done over 8+ years of roleplay experience. Would be interesting to have a child A.I or something along the lines of that, where a married couple could RPingly make some sexxay looooovviiinn and you would have a child in your home, but I dono, seems weird :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png