sUp5rET.png

Armor Cars and Securicars (Changes)

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator

Armored Cars, Securicars (Changes)

Lately, we have had a massive flood of people running to their armored car to run from PD. So we have decided to clear some things up.

Securicars are meant for RP Plus members only. If you own a Securicar and are not currently RP Plus then we will NO LONGER honor the armor on this vehicle. It will be considered a normal vehicle.

If the owner of the vehicle is NOT RP Plus, (regardless if they are present in the RP) the vehicle will NOT be considered armored.
If the owner of the vehicle IS RP Plus but NOT present in the RP (regardless if it is being used by RP Plus Members), The vehicle will not be considered armored.
If the owner of the vehicle IS RP Plus and IS present in the RP then the vehicle will be considered Armored, regardless if the owner is the current driver, or not.
Lastly, If the vehicle is Owned by a faction, it should ONLY be driven by a RP Plus Member. If the DRIVER is not RP Plus, Armor will not be honored.

All above rules will apply to any and all Armored cars EXCEPT Police, and Military vehicles.
Owners of Securicars/armored vehicles that are not RP Plus may request to sell their vehicle to admins for 1/3 the original price.

Armor Piercing:
Armor is only good up to a certain extent. So even with a fully armored vehicle, It can only withstand so much.. That being said the following weapons will be considered Armor Piercing.

• M4
  • Sniper

Rule takes effect immediately.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Hey I don't know if a mta script does this, but you can't shoot out their tires with any gun. I think armored or not, a bullet could go through the tires.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Hey I don't know if a mta script does this, but you can't shoot out their tires with any gun. I think armored or not, a bullet could go through the tires.

It's a custom script, along with the S.W.A.T. vehicles too, that's why their tires don't pop

Bestorio

I suppose an armored vehicle would use full-rubber tires, so it's completely logical that they don't pop.

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Aaaactually Bestorio, The vast majority of projectile proof vehicles use Kevlar inserts that are loaded into the tire from the inside. They add to the rubber sidewalls. To my knowledge they are sealed against the sidewalls to prevent leaks in the event of a gunshot puncture in the sidewall. This usually has no effect on the contact patch/tread areas so spike strips from police are generally effective unless they use something like that of a Semi Truck tire, which SecuriCar essentially will.

sUp5rET.png