Oscar

New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[x] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-If U go on the streets(undercover) rn and try to make drug/gundeals then ppl start MGing and yh,no deals(u nom' wat' I'm sayin'),But if u add this then no MG anymore and more undercover stuff?(just like a cmd for changing name,maybe HC only?)

Advantages/Benefits
-More undercover work for PD
Disadvantages
If any
QQ from illegals?(bcs no MG anymore)
(Hard to script? idk)

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[x] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-Uhm,Just Do It

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-More undercover deals and stuff

Additional information:

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Even undercover.. I think it's not allowed to perform illegal things. I haven't been in DB but i believe that's the reasson i never cared for it. As you're still an officer. Idk Jose can probably enlighten us.

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator
By law you cannot approach anyone even undercover, it's entrapment, which is a felony.
So yah, I +1 this, 'cus you can still do more work UC without entraping people.

+1 Because this will help DB do more work etc.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
This is needed to PD work, but it has to been done with clarity and focus. There will have to be a clear set of rules given to the PD by the admins (not made by the PD) and also only experienced PD members should be allowed be DB members. Finally there has to be a plan and regular updates from the DB members showing that they followed the rules and RP.

So +1 on that if these rules are implemented

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
So we once allowed this, but people abused it to get free name changes and never changed back.. So we stopped..

Luka

So we once allowed this, but people abused it to get free name changes and never changed back.. So we stopped..

We should make this happen, BUT if a player doesn't report for a name change and there is a note on his /check that his name was changed due to DB, he should be instantly jailed. +1

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Idk didn't read it or any comments but heres my opinion

rp name change through city hall, RP EVERYTHING detailed RP good English all that shit and take it icly completely welcome back some rp

DrJoseEvil

Donator
Exactly what JTA Said however,

I myself use to lead Detective Bureau back when JohnC Was chief, and I found it very hard to perform undercover duties when you have to deal with people who are:

A. Admin
B. Someone on your 'O' friends list
C. Another PD member on their illegal character
D. People who just figured it out and spreads the word OOCly

So, to be honest, DB Has been a problem with QQ, legal issues (entrapment ect), corruption, money wasting and even when we allowed name changes it still didnt stop these issues from happening.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
People dont really know this but I actually lead detective bureau in Beatty's SPD for.. Jees, must have been 6 months..
Yeah it was fun RP but everyone MGed soo..
This could be good.
Neutral.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Cmd: /tempnamechange - changes a person set to Faction I'd 1 or 3 to anything they want, makes an automatic /monitor about the person saying that the name needs to be changed back to [name it was change from] and then also what the name was changed to so that admins know what character needs the name change.

Stick

Most DB are also officers, if they have patrolled around the city then people could recognise them anyways. Changing someone's name means that they got a "whole new character". Even though people might know them from seeing them patrolin'.

Stick

I will ONLY +1 this IF there is a one time only limit on this so they don't just change their name constantly when something goes wrong. People could recognize your face so it wouldn't make sense if they can request it multiple times anyways.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr

I myself use to lead Detective Bureau back when JohnC Was chief, and I found it very hard to perform undercover duties when you have to deal with people who are:

A. Admin

So, to be honest, DB Has been a problem with QQ, legal issues (entrapment ect), corruption, money wasting and even when we allowed name changes it still didnt stop these issues from happening.

What jose said :)

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
I agree on what Jose said, And Stick's point. I'd +1 it if there was a way to get around all the points Jose listed. Name changing doesn't change the fact that you're still in the faction, and others know.

IlikeTrains

Banned User

A. Admin

We shouldn't make it cops then, the PD should bring in outsourced people not associated with the PD to join other factions and gather info, would make for paranoia Rp within the gangs.

I used the DB at the same time aswell and I found it to be really useful and fun if Rp'd in the correct way. I notified my high commanding officer that I would be leaving the PD faction in order to join a popular illegal faction at the time, I did this and stayed in the faction for some time finding out information, it relaying back to the High Command and find out their gun source and locations. Altogether it was successful in my eyes.

weelawn

<b><span style="color:#DA81F5;"t>Irish Pride!</b><
Donator
/settempname [hours needed for the name] stop being so twisted and just do the thing within a time limit. Zero abuse, zero hassle, easily done +1

Leonie

By law you cannot approach anyone even undercover, it's entrapment, which is a felony.
So yah, I +1 this, 'cus you can still do more work UC without entraping people.

+1 Because this will help DB do more work etc.

IRL you have vice detectives who can, under special circumstances go under cover and actually infiltrate organizations instead of watching them from a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png