Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-Changing the jailtimes from "Hours" To Minutes (People must be online during the time given though).

Advantages/Benefits
- More people roaming the streets
- Less QQ about getting jailed
- Less shootouts

Disadvantages
If any
- Not that i know of

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- More advantages than disadvantages and less shootouts

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- More people will comply with the cops and won't just evade

Additional information:
-N/A

Last edited by a moderator:

Azzy

+1, in addition to your positives maybe even there could be some prison RP that goes on? idk

Retex

Banned User
Donator
+1, in addition to your positives maybe even there could be some prison RP that goes on? idk

Exactly, people would actually stay on their alts when they get jailed, meaning we can probably have on-duty prison guards.

Vercetti

Yeah, why not. +1

Any reason?

na -1 to u

xrgIzyW.gif

Retex

Banned User
Donator
If you're going to start a flame on this post, then just don't post at all. @DrJoseEvil @Wuppix @Azzy

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
There is only ~30% chance that the person won't be alone in prison, and 10% chance the he will passive RP. This would turn into admin jail no.2, where people stay on their characters AFKing until they get unjailed. Have you also thought of the time in jail? You said transforming hours into minutes which turns it into max. 24 minutes, so even if someone starts roleplaying they'd be released (TPd) in middle of their RP. Supposing you'll say to extend that to around 3 hours, then consider this: a player gets jailed for murder which would realistically be around 10 years (in my country, don't react if it's not the same as in yours) but he gets 2 hours in-game, which he AFKs through, and afterwards the officer that arrested him sees him on the streets again after only 2 hours. That is the main reason we use the current system. I see the advantages of your suggestion, however it's not enough for me. -1

METRO123

There is only ~30% chance that the person won't be alone in prison, and 10% chance the he will passive RP. This would turn into admin jail no.2, where people stay on their characters AFKing until they get unjailed. Have you also thought of the time in jail? You said transforming hours into minutes which turns it into max. 24 minutes, so even if someone starts roleplaying they'd be released (TPd) in middle of their RP. Supposing you'll say to extend that to around 3 hours, then consider this: a player gets jailed for murder which would realistically be around 10 years (in my country, don't react if it's not the same as in yours) but he gets 2 hours in-game, which he AFKs through, and afterwards the officer that arrested him sees him on the streets again after only 2 hours. That is the main reason we use the current system. I see the advantages of your suggestion, however it's not enough for me. -1

10 years prison for murder? That's great..From where I am, you murder a guy, you gonna get hanged

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
10 years prison for murder? That's great..From where I am, you murder a guy, you gonna get hanged

Hanged? Man I wonder where are you from.. Texas or some Islamic country? Here you get usually under 15 years for murder.

Retex

Banned User
Donator

Well, i didn't have max time 24 mins lol.. but yeah, i see where you are coming from. Take in mind that if this suggestion is taking into consideration, the jailtimes will be thought out properly. Also, this can impact the playerbase as when some people get jailed, they just instantly log off.

Hanged? Man I wonder where are you from.. Texas or some Islamic country? Here you get usually under 15 years for murder.

Well, Fact: Islamic countries do not hang as it is forbidden to murder/commit suicide in Islam.

Luka

Also, this can impact the playerbase as when some people get jailed, they just instantly log off.

This is one of the main advantages I was thinking off, however I'd actually want to see a bigger playerbase and a bit higher RP standards before implementing this. I'll change my vote to neutral until I see more replies.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Have you also thought of the time in jail? You said transforming hours into minutes which turns it into max. 24 minutes, so even if someone starts roleplaying they'd be released (TPd) in middle of their RP.

Why not make it so after your jailtime is up rather than get teleported away if they are rping, just make it output some text saying your jailtime is over, you may /releaseme to get unjailed or something along those lines.

Luka

Why not make it so after your jailtime is up rather than get teleported away if they are rping, just make it output some text saying your jailtime is over, you may /releaseme to get unjailed or something along those lines.

That is a nice idea indeed, if this gets implemented then I'll make something like that, a bit better than a command though :p

sUp5rET.png