sUp5rET.png

Changing PD jailtimes

Lemming

If I was jailed I'd expect to be able to rp it and not just go make tea and come back to find I'm free again.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
If I was jailed I'd expect to be able to rp it and not just go make tea and come back to find I'm free again.

Then why -1? With this, Luka said he would make it so you could remain in jail if you so wish to RP in there for longer than your sentence?

Lemming

Then why -1? With this, Luka said he would make it so you could remain in jail if you so wish to RP in there for longer than your sentence?

Maybe I misunderstood - I was only responding to the idea of very short jail terms and thinking about how that would affect gameplay.

I'm imagining a shootout, police chase for 30 minutes, arrest and then the criminal is walking the streets minutes later. That voids the whole legal system surely? Also, what if they meet the people they were shooting at 30 minutes ago. How can they RP having been in prison?

Prison RP could be fun - like Prisoner Cell Block H..

Anyway, with all that said I've never been jailed so my opinion is probably lacking in hamster..

Wuppix

not EU
The thing is, you don't get jailed to RP and have fun, you get jailed as a punishment for whatever you did wrong, you can always make a new character and RP on it if you wanna RP while you are jailed, but getting jailed for 3 minutes is just.... it doesn't make sense at all, Because no one is gonna give a shit at all then. Oh let me just fucking evade, oh I fucked up and I got arrested? no problem that's only 12 minutes in jail, just enough time for me to go take a piss or something. This would just defeat the whole purpose of RPing as a cop, if I am a cop and I am just going around arresting the same person all day long, I will just fucking quit life because it gets boring over time.

masterchief

ima have to -1 this because the simple fact, people love to win, we are human, and its what humans love to do, if we lower it all it is going to do is make it a convinience for the person being jailed, and if the jail time is only minutes, i feel like it is going to give people a "no fuck's givin" attitude because their will be literally NOTHING to loose if you could literally go to jail, grab lunch and come back and be out of jail then go do what you please... HOWEVER maybe if police where maybe giving a small extension of power such as the ability to sieze homes, and prevent them from being stat transferd IF THAT PROPERTY IN SPECIFIC was involved in the rp along with any vehicles they can find to, and maybe larger fines, so it would still give people something to loose if they decide to break the law... then i could aggree to this

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
This is a horrible idea. You guys realize this was done before? No one, NO ONE, roleplays in jail. They just don't. If we had a serve rpopulation of a thousand, well then by golly there might be enough prisoners to roleplay with.

As it stands, IC Jail is ment to incapacitate your character for a certain amount of time. That way you're not arrested and free to do whatever right away, you're forced to roleplay your character actually going to jail (prison technically but the times too short to be considered prison). Play on another character or sit in the PD jails and roleplay, it's up to you. The system is designed the way it is for a reason, if you want to get out and RP again on that character so soon well guess what, that's the IC price of doing crime!

Let's be real, it's not as if anyone gets caught anyways. Half of you either pull a weapon for no reason or get away.

sUp5rET.png