sUp5rET.png

Guns as LAST resorts

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Hey guys, I'm just starting to think that most people does not know that guns are to be used as a LAST resort, not a FIRST resort. You don't blow someone's head off because they're giving your damn friend a ticket... That's not roleplay AT ALL, but well, it did happen to me.

This is my story:

I pulled someone over, he gave me a fake name which I of course believed since I ICly don't know it's fake, but I checked his name in the MDC, no results came up, I checked his car, it wasn't registered to him, therefore I questioned him about his name again, I was going to give him another chance without arresting him just like that, I like giving people chances. It then occured while we were working something out, at least I think we were, his friend all of a sudden just blows off my head... What's happening? lol, IRL would you really blow someone's head off because they're going to give you a ticket on somewhere between $0-1,000? I doubt it, I seriously do.

I've been allowed to patrol alone in the SAPD in probably somewhere between 1-2 weeks, and I've had my head blown off AT LEAST 3 times during TRAFFIC-STOPS, what the fuck is that? That's ridiculous... Why not just accept the damn ticket and move on? Oh my God...

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
I myself am mainly an illegal roleplayer, but I can't agree more with this.
+69

pickens

I agree with this, cause today i was responding to a code two and the suspect ran into the cemeterry and then he kills one of the LEOS so i unclip my MP5, aiming and come in, shoot him in the head, then i come out and see someone who came while i was inside running up wiith a gun who wasnt a cop so i shoot at her and headshot her then this random dude is complaining about his leg
then this guy comes up after two of his friends are dead probablby (( same last name )) and i shoot at him cause he is aiming at a colt with me and telling me to drop my gun so i shoot and yah no RP reason to pull colt out and he just kills me

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
Yeah I agree with Bobbbbyy.

I know, i can not even sale a fucking car or house without carrying a Weapon on me and wearing some Armour. It's that bad. I mean i should not have to have that stuff at all times, but i do since people don't believe in guns are last resort. :p

Chaoss

The real MVP
When that happens again either PM the player trying to teach him how its non rp. Or go to a admin and get the admin to jail that person for DM. Because as you said its non-rp and I completely agree with you!

:D

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
True.. for the ticket.

But what if... That person has a big ass criminal record? And is currently wanted for evasion, murder and stuff? And he doesn't feel like getting into a code 2 since he's a boss of a big criminal organisation he can just ask people to do some dirty work?

On a side note.. It's just a WHAT IF. It's stupid that people are shooting your balls off cuz you didn't (or even) paid your money when they robbed you.

SWAT: It's also the PD their own problem, they're not searching for guns PD's just getting in there car and driving... driving... code 1..driving..code 2... driving ya' feelin?

Put detectives in the field, let them find out the hidden stashes (which you can surely see fast since some factions are just like "look at mah guns"..

Damn if i'd be in a PD faction right now.. I''d know what to do.. Atleast try ;)

Greetzzz

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
When that happens again either PM the player trying to teach him how its non rp. Or go to a admin and get the admin to jail that person for DM. Because as you said its non-rp and I completely agree with you!

:D
Yeah I try, but by then it's too late for the admins to respond. I really want to teach people that kind of stuff, but they always have lame excuses and refuses to listen anyway :/

True.. for the ticket.

But what if... That person has a big ass criminal record? And is currently wanted for evasion, murder and stuff? And he doesn't feel like getting into a code 2 since he's a boss of a big criminal organisation he can just ask people to do some dirty work?

On a side note.. It's just a WHAT IF. It's stupid that people are shooting your balls off cuz you didn't (or even) paid your money when they robbed you.

SWAT: It's also the PD their own problem, they're not searching for guns PD's just getting in there car and driving... driving... code 1..driving..code 2... driving ya' feelin?

Put detectives in the field, let them find out the hidden stashes (which you can surely see fast since some factions are just like "look at mah guns"..

Damn if i'd be in a PD faction right now.. I''d know what to do.. Atleast try ;)

Greetzzz

Yeah well glad you agree, but meh.. I had a guy the other day who I KNOW wasn't wanted or ANYTHING, but yet he still got his friend to blow off my head. But yeah I agree, enforce detective roleplay, I'd just say that making an FBI faction would be 10 times better, because most people knows who're cops and such so they'd just MG their names probably. Also making a FBI faction would prevent detectives from being traffic cops.

Kenpachi7

Donator
Donator
Yeah there does need to be some type of FBI like faction, can't remember his name but he was a detective and pretty much everyone who was in an illegal faction knew he was a detective, mostly OOC. Also with the last resort thing- a lot of people don't fully understand that rule, the rule needs to be kind of cleared up so people know what is and what isn't acceptable

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
It's easy to stay undercover.. DONT BE IN F3 AND UR GOOD.. And there is no need of "FBI" the local PD can do it to.

Kenpachi7

Donator
Donator
It's easy to stay undercover.. DONT BE IN F3 AND UR GOOD.. And there is no need of "FBI" the local PD can do it to.

Well, a lot of the undercover cops like to show up to big busts and drive around in unmarked police cars, plus a lot of them make it pretty obvious they're undercover, you can usually tell, if there isn't gonna be an "FBI" there should at least be better Detective and Undercover training

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Yeah there does need to be some type of FBI like faction, can't remember his name but he was a detective and pretty much everyone who was in an illegal faction knew he was a detective, mostly OOC. Also with the last resort thing- a lot of people don't fully understand that rule, the rule needs to be kind of cleared up so people know what is and what isn't acceptable
Yeah that's exactly what I mean. I think "guns as LAST resorts"-rule should be enforced, however, it's incredibly hard for the admin to determine the situation as well, so I believe it would be rather hard for the admin to determine whether it was used as a last resort or not, getting proofs for such a report would be hard for the reporter too. But it would however be nice if we could find some sort of a way to enforce it.

Yeah I know they can, but I just think that making a faction where you only have detectives would be better, at least that's my opinion. But yeah of course, PD could do it, but they may need better CIB training though, and having all three PD factions doing criminal investigation is not a good idea in my opinion, collecting those investigators into one department would be way better in my opinion. :D

Neptune

Donator
Donator
I'd say... It depends on your character.
Some characters are really insane and would shoot anything that moves.
I don't know...

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
I'd say... It depends on your character.
Some characters are really insane and would shoot anything that moves.
I don't know...

Well yeah if you roleplay being a mentally insane dude mehh I don't know, it's not like all mentally sick people IRL shoots everybody or anything like that, I mean it's rare. At least nobody would kill a police officer for a ticket on what.. 500$? lol

sUp5rET.png