sUp5rET.png

Income Tax Explained

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator

Taxes

The newest feature added recently was Income Tax.. Unlike our previous method of income tax, this particular tax will check ALL your income, rather than just your job.

Last week in Real Life I was brought to a sad realization that not one cent of your income is free money, Every bit of it is taxed by the federal government. Things I never even thought about, Even a $0.57 Credit Card terminal transaction was TAXED! Needless to say I ended up owing taxes this year, rather than getting anything back..
Which gave me an idea.. If it happens in real life, why don't we expand our tax system in MTA:RP.

So, The new tax system will look at ALL of your income such as: Business Profit, Wage Paid, welfare income, bank interest, and any other form of income you may have even donator money. This income is taxed at the United States rate of 28%.

What is different from how we do our taxes, and how the actual government in real life does theirs? We tell you about it..
When you go work a job in real life, you get your check at the end of the week/2weeks/month and taxes have already been deducted. You dont miss money you never see. In MTA:RP we didn't think being deceitful like the actual government was good practice, so we added it to your payday to show you how much you are paying in taxes.
All money is going directly to the government faction bank. The government faction pays things like Welfare, or the /sellproperty price of your house/business, it even pays you the crush price of your car.
For the longest we have been needing to keep an eye on this faction and sometimes deposit money to it due to it getting too low. Now that it is generating its own income legitimately, we will no longer need to spawn money to further damage our economy.

I've gotten a few tickets in the past few days complaining of people getting negative paydays due to this tax. So it is important that I explain: This income tax only taxes your INCOME. If you made nothing on your paycheck, you would NOT get a negative paycheck. Because you make an income, it IS taxed however, so if you are making a negative paycheck it is because you own more Home, or more car than you can afford. This is not the Tax's fault, it is your own.

If there are any more questions or concerns that I did not address in this topic feel free to reply to this thread and I will aim to answer any questions.

Thanks
Overload

Bunny

MTA:RP Forum Legend
This is a great idea because

1. It will be more realistic for owning various amounts of properties.

2. It will destroy everyone's money especially if you are rich.

3. Inflation is slowly not being a problem anymore, and by slowly I mean SLOWLY.

TrojanJustin

Donator
Donator
I got one question to address, I like my money due to the fact of this... I bought the no income tax perk in F7 and it might be not working because this is something new. That being said, I would like you guys to fix the no income tax perk please.. it is 300 vips, It is a waste if it has been used for nothing.

I got one question to address, I like my money due to the fact of this... I bought the no income tax perk in F7 and it might be not working because this is something new. That being said, I would like you guys to fix the no income tax perk please.. it is 300 vips, It is a waste if it has been used for nothing.

I am kinda against that perk as it is unrealistic in many ways (almost everywhere in the world has income tax [even communists where the government takes the money and "divides it evenly").

Finally more realism.

We also need to work on promoting the server and increasing rp next. Possibly hold some rp improvement sessions or something.

Edit: I know most donators are gonna be like " I paid for this" but remember donating is voluntary support for the server, these are just thank you gifts (once used to persuade people to donate l and we are obviously very lucky to have a gift like these

Bunny

I am kinda against that perk as it is unrealistic in many ways (almost everywhere in the world has income tax [even communists where the government takes the money and "divides it evenly").

Finally more realism.

We also need to work on promoting the server and increasing rp next. Possibly hold some rp improvement sessions or something.

Edit: I know most donators are gonna be like " I paid for this" but remember donating is voluntary support for the server, these are just thank you gifts (once used to persuade people to donate l and we are obviously very lucky to have a gift like these

Removed it now :)

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator

The perk its self is still working (its preventing you from having to pay income tax on your faction wage only) But everything else was not included in the new income tax. So once what you've paid for expires you will begin paying your income tax on your faction wage as well. Repurchasing the perk isnt going to be available, as we have removed it from F7.

You can still avoid Property and vehicle taxes tho, which consist of most reasons why people have negative paydays.

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
Loving the updates, keep them rolling!

To statwhores whom may disapprove.
[video=youtube_share;7S94ohyErSw]http://youtu.be/7S94ohyErSw?t=34s[/video]

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
So if you have a lot of money it just get taken away..?

maramizo

<b><span style="color:FFFFFF;">MTA:RP Player</span
So if you have a lot of money it just get taken away..?

28% of your final income is reduced, let's say if you get a final of $100,000 paycheck after all other taxation (vehicle taxes, tickets, etc.) you would only get $72,000.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
28% of your final income is reduced, let's say if you get a final of $100,000 paycheck after all other taxation (vehicle taxes, tickets, etc.) you would only get $72,000.

Oh my Lord, bye bye bank account.

Stick

Keep in mind that you still hourly get money even if you don't do shit that whole hour. The only difference is that you get less now which is nice.

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Very nice.

I mean, I don't get why people would be mad about this, the only way this is going to affect you negatively is if you;

1. Have way too many cars and properties compared to how much money you're earning.
2. Try to increase your worth based on hording interest every payday.

I personally have a good amount in my bank account, giving me around 50k paydays, now due to this update, I'm getting around 40k I believe.
Personally I really don't see what the big issue is here, it's not as if you're actually losing your money based on this.

Torecee

A big +1 for this!

We should even concider using a system like we have in the Netherlands:
Income tax is devided into 4 'layers'

Layer1 € 0 u/i € 19.822 36,50%
Layer 2 € 19.822 u/i € 33.589 42%
Layer 3 € 33.589 u/i € 57.585 42% (yes, again 42%, the rates change every year, and they happen to be the same this year)
Layer 4 € 57.585 or more 52,00%

You pay 36.5% over the first €19.822 income.
Anything you earn more than 19.822 is charged 42%, up till €33.589
Anything you earn more than 33.589 is charged 42% up till €57.585
Anything you earn more than 57.585 is charged with 52% tax

Due to this system, the 'big earners' pay more tax because they have more to spare and earn enough already

sUp5rET.png