Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
Long shot of an idea, but I'll try.
Let's replace the Journey in walk in vehicles with this more quality model
[video]https://youtu.be/oXLol5PByWY?t=72[/video]

Disadvantages
If any
Maybe a lil lag or FPS issues here and there.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ X ] Yes, I "have" the script.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
Bug someone with access 999,999,999,999 Times to add it.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
More usage of this amazing vehicle
Decent RP For those Passive RP'rs
Additional information:

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
Find a replacement that you would see in america then I'd +1 it. But as Renaults aren't really seen at all in America I give it a -1. Remember the game takes place and is RP'd as America.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Find a replacement that you would see in america then I'd +1 it. But as Renaults aren't really seen at all in America I give it a -1. Remember the game takes place and is RP'd as America.

What does that have to do with anything?

It's a car, they exist, RV's arent seen alot IRL unless you live in a trailer park and noone really pays attention to the model tbh, they rather RP in it.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
What does that have to do with anything?

It's a car, they exist, RV's arent seen alot IRL unless you live in a trailer park and noone really pays attention to the model tbh, they rather RP in it.

Honestly, I see RV's quite often, and I don't live in a trailer park. And if any mods get added, I'd rather them be a realistic car brand that you see in america. I'm going to stick with my vote, as this is just un-needed anyway. What if somebody doesn't want to be forced to RP the Journey as a Renault? And if it causes lag or frame drops I give it even more of a negative vote, as most people (Me included) play on potato's.

You aren't going to be able to change my vote. So deal with the fact that it got a negative response from me. Not everything you suggest has to be added, you even said it yourself that it's a long shot idea.. so face the fact that people don't want a unrealistic replacement for a car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
+1 , Everything doesn't need to be based around america , If you don't want to have it as a renault just RP it as something else .
Anyway , I like this model , Looks really nice +1

Luka

Honestly, I see RV's quite often, and I don't live in a trailer park. And if any mods get added, I'd rather them be a realistic car brand that you see in america. I'm going to stick with my vote, as this is just un-needed anyway. What if somebody doesn't want to be forced to RP the Journey as a Renault? And if it causes lag or frame drops I give it even more of a negative vote, as most people (Me included) play on potato's.

You aren't going to be able to change my vote. So deal with the fact that it got a negative response from me. Not everything you suggest has to be added, you even said it yourself that it's a long shot idea.. so face the fact that people don't want a unrealistic replacement for a car.

If you don't want to RP it as a Renault, you don't have to. It doesn't say anywhere you have to RP the car as it is in-game lol, I've seen bunch of people RPing the current donator vehicles as something completely else, same goes with the old huntley mod we had. The reason I want this in-game is because of the sick interior of the camper, surely is better than the stock one.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
If you don't want to RP it as a Renault, you don't have to. It doesn't say anywhere you have to RP the car as it is in-game lol, I've seen bunch of people RPing the current donator vehicles as something completely else, same goes with the old huntley mod we had. The reason I want this in-game is because of the sick interior of the camper, surely is better than the stock one.

Also, the last thing we need is possible lag, and shit. Our playerbase is small enough as it is. We don't need certain vehicles causing lag...

Luka

Also, the last thing we need is possible lag, and shit. Our playerbase is small enough as it is. We don't need certain vehicles causing lag...

Of course it wouldn't cause lags, we've got around 7 custom vehicles causing 0 lag, I doubt implementing this would suddenly make it laggy.

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
Well , If it is such a problem to you , Then just don't enable the mod , It's not as if alot of people are going to buy these cars and park them everywhere , You don't have to enable it through F4 anyway.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
-1 you gotta relise how much mb adding vehicles does to the main download, unless the vehicle is going to be used -ALOT- through out the server it seems pointless to make people wait for the download, saying "just don't enable the mod" isn't the point, point is it adds to the download for something that you may see one or two people driving, the main model for the journey is fine, there is no problem with it so to me this is just completely pointless, anyone that knows how to make a server and has tried before to do so will know that a large download to a server is how you lose players. Once the player that leaves due to the high download they don't come back, overall this seems useless if you want it install it -CLIENT SIDE-

DrJoseEvil

Donator

Who cares about the model? They can always change the description like everyone else.
Jeez I'll just go find a ford ecoline or somethinb

kazang

<b><span style="color:#800080;"t>MTA:RP VET</b><br
Donator
Of course it wouldn't cause lags, we've got around 7 custom vehicles causing 0 lag, I doubt implementing this would suddenly make it laggy.

"0 lag" okay then. This really isn't needed and if it was to be added, at least a better model.

Modelsport

Donator
-1 you gotta relise how much mb adding vehicles does to the main download, unless the vehicle is going to be used -ALOT- through out the server it seems pointless to make people wait for the download, saying "just don't enable the mod" isn't the point, point is it adds to the download for something that you may see one or two people driving, the main model for the journey is fine, there is no problem with it so to me this is just completely pointless, anyone that knows how to make a server and has tried before to do so will know that a large download to a server is how you lose players. Once the player that leaves due to the high download they don't come back, overall this seems useless if you want it install it -CLIENT SIDE-

Omg omg omg u r right but no one cares lol scrub ppl to lazy to read all this-.. Oh wait ur me lol k.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Well the download is not increased actually. The mods are stored in a file where people select it on F4. It then takes that file and applies it to your game temporarily. The download stays the same though.

Luka

Well the download is not increased actually. The mods are stored in a file where people select it on F4. It then takes that file and applies it to your game temporarily. The download stays the same though.

Well said. Plus, I doubt it'd make additional lag to players, it won't be much used vehicle.

Modelsport

Donator

Actually, in order for the mod to be applied you must download it, explaining why once you do download the mods they appear in your client side download files i.e the download when you join the server.

Wont work client side, the script overrides it by adding the one in the resource

Hmkay so what's wrong with the current journey?

Well said. Plus, I doubt it'd make additional lag to players, it won't be much used vehicle.

Well said, it won't be used much, pointless adding it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Modelsport

Donator
Wont work client side, the script overrides it by adding the one in the resource

It has the right click function to enter the interior also, why not just install it client side and use the right click features. Not like it's an ice cream truck and you -need- to have it for RP, I mean by all means go ahead and get it added but it just seems pointless, also the fact that adding a custom skin over it will probably make it a donator vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png