sUp5rET.png

Maintaining Reputation

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Keeping a good reputation is always important in a community, unless you want to be hated by the majority, which I doubt you want to. To keep a good reputation it's important to always be nice to people OOCly first of all, don't insult and flame people because it will have a negative effect on people, so just try to avoid that, I think this part is pretty self-explanatory. Instead of responding to people in a negative, bad, immature manner, try to approach them in a nice, respectable manner instead, if there's something they don't quite understand which you know, you should try to explain instead of just flaming and giving up on them, people really enjoy when more experienced players wants to actually learn them something. Who doesn't love whenever people have the time to explain something for you?

Metagaming is against the rules and it's a rule which should never be broke, however, a lot of people often mix when it comes to reputation and stuff such as, for an example, if you rob someone (especially if it's a newbie) the newbie's character would of course get pissed off on you ICly, but sometimes (not always) it'll be taken OOCly because it's quite hard for the newbie to keep that part IC, try not to blame them too much for this, as it wouldn't exactly make your reputation better, however, as I mentioned before, metagaming IS a RULE which is not supposed to be broken, but it's not very easy to get valid proof of someone metagaming with the whole "reputation-thing".

Having a good reputation means you have a lot of people in this community backing you up, you have a lot of friends which means, you will always have someone to RP with, personally I believe that's a good thing. Reputation might not be as important as you think it is, but at least for me, it's very important that I try to maintain a good reputation here, because I don't want to be hated and acting nice is actually not as hard as you may think it is, it's pretty easy. Since this is a roleplay server you would never be able to actually have a good reputation without actually being able to roleplay, that's pretty obvious, because people tend to dislike people who break the rules and ruins it for other people, that's my experience at least.

This guide is not telling you not to rob anybody or do any "evil-rp", but think twice when robbing a newbie because of the fact, you can actually ruin his whole game-experience due to him just joining then losing all of his money, which is pretty sad for him, so. But either way, if you really want to rob them, then don't hestitate to do so, just make sure you act nice in OOC, if I were to rob someone I would usually tell them in OOC that they're doing good and shit and that I'm happy they want to RP and such, that would probably make them a bit happier in the roleplay situation.

So, this is my guide, I know I am not the best to explain all this stuff, but if there's anything you want me to explain a bit further, please don't hestitate to reply to this thread and I'll try to explain it in a better way. If there's anything regarding maintaining your reputation that you think should be added, then don't hestitate to reply to this thread either.

Also feel free to come up with some constructive criticism so I know where to go from the next time I'm going to make a guide, however, please don't reply with stuff as: "This guide bad is", if you really think it's that bad, please feel free to come up with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM as I said. Thank you!

Thank you for reading the guide, I hope you enjoyed it!

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png