sUp5rET.png

*Mapping Reviewal - Los Santos

Portside

Mapping Reviewal

Around the city today I've noticed a lot of mapping. In some places of which there are no need for. I've got a few examples that I'd like to share with you. I think the Mapping Team should sit back and take a look at some of the mapping files to see which are being used and are most active; compared to the mapping that is rarely used or is just plan-right stupid.

*The blue highlighted subheadings are links to the pictures of the mapping

Idlewood Vicinity​

Here I've gathered a few pictures around the Idlewood District to show you what could be cleaned up.​

I mean, is this really necessary? I don't even think it's used that often, I've never seen it been used anyway. It's practically in the middle of the Heart of LS. Idlewood is one of the most-used RP places in the whole of LS. It's where we commonly go to get gas, or a bus/taxi or just general RP. For people who're not fortunate enough to have a PC/Laptop that can run the required specs for GTA:SA have to deal with this lag. I've seen delivery drivers and other players taking hours to drive past that certain area because of the conflicting lag. I suggest either remove it or relocate it to another area.

I mean... come on people, there is literally a gas station less than three-hundred yards in the opposite direction. It's a real nice piece of art, but I generally see no use for it directly beside IGS. There's not much to say on this one if I'm being quite honest. The only good thing about this one is that low-poly objects and not many objects were used to make this place.

There are numerous things wrong with this place. One of them being that it's big and ugly. The second one being that there are a lot of objects, meaning a large amount of lag. The PD had a lovely little department in Pershing Square. What was the point in this move? Once again it's suggested to relocate or remove it entirely. Personally speaking I think this place is an eyesore.

Here I've gathered a few pictures around the Conference District to show you what could be cleaned up.​

General objects that are currently not being used along with a gate (Gate is not being supported by any walls or mapping at all) With no property owner I shouldn't see why this should be a problem to remove.

Here I've gathered a few pictures around the Market District to show you what could be cleaned up.​

All Saints Hospital or 'ASH' as it's commonly referred to is practically of no use. The server doesn't require two hospitals operating the same time. I mean how many casualties does the server have? Not enough to have to functioning hospitals, that's for sure... this mapped area located at the back of ASH is of no use to anyone; or a very small minority of the public.

SUMMARY

This reviewal was based around the city of Los Santos as that is was the majority of the server's mapping is located. I know there are a number of places in Las Venturas, San Fierro and the surrounding towns/villages but the majority of the mapping tends to reside in Los Santos. This is where the major and unused mapping lays. Locations with such a large amount of objects (mapping) should have some sort of fee to pay to have it permanently resided in the area. This is due to the fact that a lot of mapping is unused and takes up server space. I know a lot of people are going to be saying "but I paid VIPhours or vPoints to get my mapping put in, so why should I have to pay more?" Take a look at your mapped houses/bases. How often are they being used, are they causing lag and do you really need them? If the mapping is taken out, it's only fair that the player gets some kind of refund due to the removal of their mapping. Let me know what you guys think, and is this affecting you?

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Those random gas stations are from an admin on our team who tried, unsuccessfully, to start a business. The rest are usually not needed, but they're all owned.

The problem is not getting maps in, the problem is getting maps out. People love to stat whore, that's just how this game works. When people have a lot of money like they do here, they buy stuff. If you take it away, especially a custom mapped area, they throw tantrums and suddenly you're being threatening by someone who can pay for your removal practically.

I remove maps every now and then, I even have select few people who buys maps just so I can get them removed. It's a political game shall we say, a fight between the noobs with no sense of realism and the other side, which is relatively decent and realistic. I'm still going through all the maps with our wonderful new system Fusionz developed, and I've already removed quite a few.

I enjoy seeing problems like this being brought up, it means I can see what the community sees a fault with, if it lines up with my own thinking, and that I have public support behind it. :)

Portside

Those random gas stations are from an admin on our team who tried, unsuccessfully, to start a business. The rest are usually not needed, but they're all owned.

The problem is not getting maps in, the problem is getting maps out. People love to stat whore, that's just how this game works. When people have a lot of money like they do here, they buy stuff. If you take it away, especially a custom mapped area, they throw tantrums and suddenly you're being threatening by someone who can pay for your removal practically.

I remove maps every now and then, I even have select few people who buys maps just so I can get them removed. It's a political game shall we say, a fight between the noobs with no sense of realism and the other side, which is relatively decent and realistic. I'm still going through all the maps with our wonderful new system Fusionz developed, and I've already removed quite a few.

I enjoy seeing problems like this being brought up, it means I can see what the community sees a fault with, if it lines up with my own thinking, and that I have public support behind it. :)

I must say though, no matter what you're thinking...
this is the most bad-ass thread I've made. Took time to make the thing:cool:

Although, take some of the maps into consideration. Especially the ones that conflict lag with players dramatically. Take the likes of the Go-kart track and the PD. Or even the ASH map. They're the ones which I think are causing most lag. I'm only guessing due to the fact of the objectCount.

buckeyesdb

<br /><b><span style="color:#129FB5;"t>MTA Mapping
Donator

When I mapped the garage there with absolutely no intention of trying to start a business (Which isn't unsuccessful like you seem to think, it just isn't a chain gas station like we talked about). I mapped it because I liked that building from San Fierro and wanted a garage like that. The only other two I know of are Morgs in Las Venturas and the newest one near All Saints Hospital.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
I agree with the go cart track, Its never used and is never open. Its just sitting there and causing lag.

buckeyesdb

<br /><b><span style="color:#129FB5;"t>MTA Mapping
Donator
I agree with the go cart track, Its never used and is never open. Its just sitting there and causing lag.

Even though I made it I still agree with you aswell, it isn't used like I thought it would be. I hardly ever see people in it and its normally nubs hopping the fence lol

Tsubaki

I whole heartily agree with the LSPD one, I honestly think it was pointless because the precint in Pershing is just perfect, its in the game so it doesn't cause extra lag and it just looked nicer overall. One good benefit of the Idlewood PD is a bigger area for impound but that is about it in my opinion. I also agree with the go-kart center, I never seen it be used. Never even knew about the existence of the other Idlewood gas, maybe I noticed it and just ignored it.

Bartiex

Some of the things I agree with, like the removal of the Go-Kart track, it's never being used nor, has it been opened from the GRAND OPENING when it was first opened.. It just sits there, that should be removed, don't cause lag for me but it might do for other players.

But the new LSPD.. I don't think should be removed at all, It's a nice looking building in my opinion, near IGS where most small to big crimes happen, plus it's really cool to use something that's been mapped.. :p (Also I think most servers use the Ig Police Department, so we might be the first server using a custom built Police Department :D)

I don't know if this is just a bug, or something else, whilst driving down near the Dock Car Shop I have noticed random big metal crates, or whatever there called around the area, even inside cars in businesses near The Dock Car Shop, these really should be removed, it makes the area look, dirty and un-tidy..

That's all I had to say, hope some changes are made! :)

Goodwine

I completely agree with all of these things.Especially the IGS police department.It's useless, all of them are.

Portside

Some of the things I agree with, like the removal of the Go-Kart track, it's never being used nor, has it been opened from the GRAND OPENING when it was first opened.. It just sits there, that should be removed, don't cause lag for me but it might do for other players.

But the new LSPD.. I don't think should be removed at all, It's a nice looking building in my opinion, near IGS where most small to big crimes happen, plus it's really cool to use something that's been mapped.. :p (Also I think most servers use the Ig Police Department, so we might be the first server using a custom built Police Department :D)

I don't know if this is just a bug, or something else, whilst driving down near the Dock Car Shop I have noticed random big metal crates, or whatever there called around the area, even inside cars in businesses near The Dock Car Shop, these really should be removed, it makes the area look, dirty and un-tidy..

That's all I had to say, hope some changes are made! :)

That's actually the whole point, if a lot of crimes happen in that area, it's now restricted by the implementation of the new PD. We could always relocate it to somewhere else. Not in the heart of Idlewood. Just up the road you've got Ganton, and literally a 'stone-throw' away you've got IGS. I've yet to see a police department located right next to a gas station. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I think it's just... out of place?

sUp5rET.png