One Final IP Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Many of you have been complaining of issues connecting to our server.. We tested running a different type of server on the same dedicated server for 2 weeks and those players (not linked to MTA in any way) also complained of connection issues on this particular datacenter location..
It is likely that in the coming days we will move everything back to Canada. At least in canada we have a stable connection, and we have ordered a whole new server for better DDoS Protection than we previously had. This move is happening slow, to ensure the least amount of downtime.

Whenever we do process the move, It will take about an hour to transfer over the entire database, without any loss of data. (we're going slow to ensure everything works right)

So, Why is it one FINAL IP Change?
We have decided to switch to a new system within the OVH datacenter that will give us one dedicated IP across all machines. Meaning, If we ever need to change servers again we will never have to change IP's for as long as we are with OVH. We currently don't see that relationship ending anytime soon either.

The move likely wont happen until we are down to 5 or so players. Which I expect to be late tonight, early tomorrow.

Hopefully this move will fix some of those connection issues we've been having.

We also will be hosting the website in the same datacenter, Meaning stat transfers (and log searches for admins) should happen almost instantly, without any waiting time as before.

The way the website currently works:
End User in UK Connects to Website server in Canada
Website server in Canada pulls SQL information from Dedicated Server in France
Dedicated server in France sends information back to Canada Webserver
Canada webserver relays website information to End user in UK
Time to complete: 180-230MS

How it will work from now on:
End User in UK connects to website server in Canada
Website server in Canada uses dedicated Internal connection to connect to Dedicated Server located 2 racks away
Dedicated server in Canada sends SQL information to Web Server 2 Racks away.
WebServer in canada relays website information to end user in the UK
Time to complete: 80-120MS

So even if you are not from America, this move should improve your experience anyway.

As usual, I will leave the old server with a redirect up for a short time. Please take note of the new IP and go ahead and save it in your server browser.
167.114.131.92:22003

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
Noooo! RIP Ping...

Con for Peter! 20ping for you now, aye!

Fuck ;|

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Yeah some of you are going to get higher ping, but that dosent mean things are not playable.. In our current Data center some players cant connect at all. I've had 120-160Ping this whole time being im in America, and it hasn't changed my gameplay at all :p

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Well,

I think this change is a good thing. During this time I have gotten to experience the higher ping others get when the server is in Canada, and people have complained a bunch but to be honest, I see barely and different if any at all.

The France Dedicated Machines have SUCH strong DDoS protection and firewalls they like to block out some of the connections thinking it is spam, or an attack. Canada has modern DDoS Protection, however the newer machines (one that we will have tomorrow) has better lines running to the racks, so in a sense we will have good DDoS protection, and the ping will remain decent (even for European people)

I personally would rather have a higher ping, and not get disconnected randomly due to their Firewall if I was in Europe.

I am also glad to see that this will be the last IP change we will ever see.

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
Not going to lie, this new server is absolutely shocking...

Every hour you get 5 minute network troubles, get flown out your car, you lag, not a quick response and it just fucks up your gameplay, but yolo...

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
Yeah, that lagg is very bad. Its not playable even.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
So we really don't know what has caused these issues on the new server... So tonight we are going to move back to the old server.
That means that our new "Final IP" is going to change back to the old IP, and it will not in fact be a Final IP Change.

We really don't know why this server hosted everything a few months ago, but now can't handle the load.

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
So we really don't know what has caused these issues on the new server... So tonight we are going to move back to the old server.
That means that our new "Final IP" is going to change back to the old IP, and it will not in fact be a Final IP Change.

We really don't know why this server hosted everything a few months ago, but now can't handle the load.

Awesome!

NamE

<b><span style="color:#0099FF";>Feelsbadman</b><br
Donator

Am I paying for the server bills now? Lmao

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
Lol 120 ms (MILISECONDS) instead of 20. Who cares, ite a 10th of a second more, sheesh people

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png