Planned Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
We try to do our updates at night to minimize the downtime caused by them, but tonight we have a slightly larger Job on our hands.
When the host setup our SSD you may remember that it took extremely too long for them to get us back online. We later found out that the reason we were not back online yet was because the person in charge of installing windows was not there. So I installed the windows myself, and asked the datacenter to activate it.
This happened nearly 2 months ago, and still today our licenses for windows has not been activated.
The reason the licenses still is not activated is because I accidentally installed a 64 bit operating system on our server, when our host only licenses 32bit for Windows Server Enterprise.

Tonight around midnight I will be taking the server offline to run several backups, and short
y after begin reinstalling our windows. I should be able to get the server back online in a couple of hours, but it really depends on my home internet connection and how fast it wants to work for me. (Have to upload 3GB plus backups at only 4Mbps.)

I'll have status updates here as I am working through it. I do not yet have a ETA for when everything will be back and ready, so just stay tuned here for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png