Not open for further replies.
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[x] MTA:RP Gameplay
[x] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-Fix the speedlimits so that they were what they used to be (still don't understand why the ones in LS were messed with when the ones for RC were added) to 120km/h for interstates, 90km/h for arterials (although i always think it should be 70 or 80) and 60km/h for smaller roads (i believe the smallest ones should be 40 or 50 though)

Advantages/Benefits
Help new players, help PD RP

Disadvantages
If any
Nope

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[x] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

Additional information:
-

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I think re-write all the speed limits.
Interstates at 120 (75mph) still,
Highways (2 lane highways through RC and other counties) 90 (55)
Larger roads (Such as Liverpool and St Lawrence) 80 (45)
City Streets 60 (35)
"Ghetto" like areas and other locations similar, 50 (30) (like within the Red County towns, like I suggested to start with when we went there)
Dirt Roads: 40 (25)

Anything else is a common-sense law, or basic rule law.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
(still don't understand why the ones in LS were messed with when the ones for RC were added)
Like seriously. Why did the limits in LS have to get fucked up, it was a simple little request for speed limits in RC.

+1 we need our old LS speed limits back.

As it is now, cops only pull over V12'd and V16'd cars for speeding because some stock cars barely get over 90 lol

I think re-write all the speed limits.
Interstates at 120 (75mph) still,
Highways (2 lane highways through RC and other counties) 90 (55)
Larger roads (Such as Liverpool and St Lawrence) 80 (45)
City Streets 60 (35)
"Ghetto" like areas and other locations similar, 50 (30) (like within the Red County towns, like I suggested to start with when we went there)
Dirt Roads: 40 (25)

Anything else is a common-sense law, or basic rule law.

+1 to this as yes we need more realistic ones (well 60kmh is more 38mph ;) ). In addition, i say the interstates in the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas should be at around 100km/h (62mph) or 90km/h (55mph) as that's what they are IRL (in real life LA, yes some are at 104 km/h (~65 mph) but the curvier more dense ones are 55mph [heck some US cities go down to 45mph on interstates that run through cities such as in the capitol district {fun fact, even the autoroutes in Montreal, QC do this too}].

For the country side, 120km/h (75mph) should stay unless one wants to be more realistic and have it 100km/h-110km/h (~62-70mph) for San Fierro and Los Santos's surrrounding areas (e.g. red county and flint county) and 120-130km/h (~75-80mph) for Las Venturas based on real state limits for the interstates.

As it is now, cops only pull over V12'd and V16'd cars for speeding because some stock cars barely get over 90 lol

I say rework the speedometer too to fix this issue and remove the V12's, V16's (or W12 as stated by some players xD) and the speed mod/powermod system to fix this issue too as these mods are highly unrealistic for most vehicles and the regular ingame GTA SA vehicle system works perfectly fine (this is not a racing server and I've played on a CNR/RPG server for some years (2009-2012) and even w/o speed mods/power mods, it works perfectly and is all based on driving skills). For those car enthusiast, we're gonna need an actual realistic vehicle mod system that ensures realistic vehicles (seriously, a huge truck towing something accelerating as fast as a Lamborghini...Yes I know some trucks IRL have lots of cylinders but their acceleration is still slow due to the mass of it)

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
and remove the V12's, V16's (or W12 as stated by some players xD)

I wouldn't go that far, those are the things that people donate for the most IMO. If you are going to fix anything, make it so that cars can go over 200km/h. Since RPly some cars that are in-game go faster than that in real life... *cough* Koenigsegg *cough*

I wouldn't go that far, those are the things that people donate for the most IMO. If you are going to fix anything, make it so that cars can go over 200km/h. Since RPly some cars that are in-game go faster than that in real life... *cough* Koenigsegg *cough*

Lol that's because the speedometer isn't accurate with respects to the game's engine which is why if we were to go wih my idea, we just would need to rework the speedometer a little (honestly this is the USA and there are speed limiter here but you are correct, only SOME can go >200km/h, but I'm saying it's not realistic like how people did it to some ambulances, big transport trucks, buses, firetrucks etc.)

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
Lol that's because the speedometer isn't accurate with respects to the game's engine which is why if we were to go wih my idea, we just would need to rework the speedometer a little (honestly this is the USA and there are speed limiter here but you are correct, only SOME can go >200km/h, but I'm saying it's not realistic like how people did it to some ambulances, big transport trucks, buses, firetrucks etc.)

There is a simple way, and that would be to make it impossible to V12/V16 the larger vehicles. And since the server is sorta USA, change the speedometer to MPH instead of KM/H

There is a simple way, and that would be to make it impossible to V12/V16 the larger vehicles. And since the server is sorta USA, change the speedometer to MPH instead of KM/H

Or have an option to change between only MPH, to only KM/H and one that has both as in the USA, there are drivers from both Mexico and Canada (mostly Canada) and those two countries use KM/H (and most cars in North America have both, with Canadian cars having KM/h on the outer ring [like our old speedometer design] and mph on the inside, and in the Untied States, it's the opposite; there are a handful of cars that only have one or the other or for the ones with digital meters, you can switch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png