sUp5rET.png

Removing Los Santos River

Should we remove the river that flows next to IGS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
-Removing Los Santos River (the one that goes from City hall, flows next to IGS and is filling the canals in Corona and other districts.

Advantages/Benefits
-More places for new roleplay (hobo?)

Disadvantages
-No more river?

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
-I'll handle it :p

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
-Possibility of new roleplaying

Additional information:
-

-1 for now, unless y'all want to RP a drought. But the real problem is not the opportunities for RP but the actual RP itself, we can't have admins and players randomly voiding RP's or making it highly illogical or unrealistic as that's the problem at the moment, not the amount of opportunities for RP.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
even tho people like the idea if we do remove the water from the canals that means all water bodies other then large lakes and ponds will disappear to,

We had this a while back, we removed the water from the canals and it removed the water from all the pools and the pond near LSIA because all those water bodies are connected together and if you lower one, they all lower

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
-1, this will fuck up the water level for everyone's properties

the water level shouldn't even been touched in the first place.

-1 for now, unless y'all want to RP a drought. But the real problem is not the opportunities for RP but the actual RP itself, we can't have admins and players randomly voiding RP's or making it highly illogical or unrealistic as that's the problem at the moment, not the amount of opportunities for RP.

In Cali, the canal thats there barely has water in it. Just to wheel height of a car.
And what does players randomly voiding rps have to do with removing the water?

I +a Billion

masterchief

even tho people like the idea if we do remove the water from the canals that means all water bodies other then large lakes and ponds will disappear to,

We had this a while back, we removed the water from the canals and it removed the water from all the pools and the pond near LSIA because all those water bodies are connected together and if you lower one, they all lower

theres a easy fix for that, its a little something: water = createWater ( int x1, int y1, float z1, int x2, int y2, float z2, int x3, int y3, float z3 [, int x4, int y4, float z4 ] [, bool bShallow = false ] ), and after that do: setWaterLevel ( water, [height] )

got it straight off the wiki a while ago

Luka

theres a easy fix for that, its a little something: water = createWater ( int x1, int y1, float z1, int x2, int y2, float z2, int x3, int y3, float z3 [, int x4, int y4, float z4 ] [, bool bShallow = false ] ), and after that do: setWaterLevel ( water, [height] )

got it straight off the wiki a while ago

Like he said, there even is no water in original GTA:SA there in canals, so it's somewhere in the scripts, that's the only thing I need to remove, not lowering the water level.

Cookie

8 on 3 = less than 1% of the server.. Active member count is 2118 (the last 30 days), so I wouldn't rush anything..

This means that people who would lag out or just crash into the canal will get instant ck most likely..
Water eliminates that.
I'm -1 on this..
Atleast we can actually use boats?

Cookie

Active members on the forums tho: 262.
12 voters or so is not much.

Ya'll peeps gon regret changing this when u crash into it and have to start roleplaying a huge crash..

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
-1. Requires mapping for new buildings, will make my craptop expl0d3.

AAAAAAND it fucks up waterheights.

Sowwi, -1 from me.

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
-1. Requires mapping for new buildings, will make my craptop expl0d3.

AAAAAAND it fucks up waterheights.

Sowwi, -1 from me.

what you mean it requires new mappings? Its just removing the script that puts water there.
Water heights shouldn't have been touched honestly.

and @Cookie, How you gonna crash into it? If anything, water would do more damage to your car than concrete. Plus now you can't drown while trying to rp.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
Ya'll peeps gon regret changing this when u crash into it and have to start roleplaying a huge crash..

So, I drift and drive around a high speeds most of the times. And have yet to crash into it. Soo this is sorta a wrong statement. I've yet to see a large amount of people crash there. In real life, water would sorta hurt. You try getting out of the car RPly and water would pour in at a rapid rate causing severe injuries or death anyways. Concrete you'll just roll, and most people RP having a high quality roll cage. So it would hurt just not as bad as insta-death from water. Remove water and fall in, 50% of the time you'll land on your wheels anyway. And we all know people don't RP anything happening to there cars suspensions from the cars falling.

Overall +1 to the suggestion. We've had the water removed before. It wouldn't be a big deal.

Cookie

Hey, crashing head worst against concrete with your car is going to kill you 9-1 when compared with water, heh? If you open the door in real life fast enough, or when the car is totally submerged, it would still save you.
I've seen a car next to IGS canal EVERY DAY.
Also, did escape from the cops with a fucking stock Walton thanks to the canal.. also the cop didn't have to die so.. Na fam, jus' dont.

EDIT: Ryota, everyone not pro street racer lyk u :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png