sUp5rET.png

Resetting the Server and Balancing the Economy

Reset the server and FINALLY balance the economy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malachi

Before you vote, please read this.
Resetting the Server and Balancing the Economy

The economy obviously needs help, take getting 1 vPoint every hour during times when 20 players or more are on for example. If that player has a couple other friends, they could easily rack up 1 million within the first 3 hours of playing. They did not do anything at all to earn it. This server is constantly criticized for it's donator perks, and please do not get me wrong, I completely understand why we need donations. Overload needs to be able to keep up with the recurring server bills to keep this community alive, but that isn't stopping us from reforming the gosh forsaken thing. I suggest we remove the Play-To-Win perks, $1,000,000 for 10 vPoints, speedmods, and donator vehicles, replacing them with new perks that will still make people want to donate but do not infringe on another player's roleplay experience. As for the current "statwhores" or "moneywhores", we should do a complete server wipe. This is needed because even taking away money from the players with 200 million dollars will not help. They probably own 15+ V12 or V16 cars and properties to match. We should compensate donators for donations within the past 6-8 months, giving them at the least 50% of their paid vPoints back (whether they spent it or not, it does not matter). Finally, owners/leaders of factions can be re-evaluated and placed back in their position if deemed fit. Having sometimes just a meager 10 people on or less during what should be peak hours is just heartbreaking. Just think about it, there is no way MTA:RP is going to be the server it used to be...but if we do these things maybe we can be close to what we were, having our old friends return and roleplay with us, and have real RP on the server again. Any please, don't just say "no Overload won't do it" or "Overload won't listen".

...If everyone could agree on something and show me it would legitimately work, id support the idea.
Obviously, if we just reset the server it will not improve anything. Players will just leave and it will result in chaos. To retain the current playerbase, whist still resetting the server is a challenge, but a challenge that can be overcome. We have to come up with new donator perks, which others have already pitched their ideas for, removing the old pay 2 win ones. We would also be required to reimburse the donators with vPoints, simply just tally the amount they purchased. (Donators within the last year) and give them the amount. Plus players with 1,000,000 or more will recieve vPoints equivalent to the amount of money they have, Money/200000 = vPoints. I say 200,000 because that is the range that vPoints are usually worth of the F5 (this can be done automaticly with a script). Players with V12s and V16s will also be reinbursed, just providing them 20 vPoints for V12 and however many vPoints for each V16. Properties can be done by calculating the amount of money they are worth and dividing it by 200,000 again = vPoints. Players with 1,000,000 or more can recieve a small starting bonus. $50,000 maybe.

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply

[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ X ] MTA:RP Forums
[ X ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- Resetting the server and stabilizing the economy.

Advantages/Benefits
Great playerbase, old friends and players greatly likely to return.

Disadvantages
If any
Players could leave if not done properly.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Just resetting the stats for all players, retaining the characters, hours, vpoints.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- It will promote the server and make it more enjoyable for players.

Additional information:
-

Last edited by a moderator:

AaronM

<b><span style="color:#21c821;"t>Top Donator</b><b
Donator
This doesn't really mean much until Overload makes a Poll on it (new thread, official) and at this time, I don't think he will.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
There have been many huge suggestions in the past few weeks (Revamp of Administration and RP+, Move to Red County etc.), let's wait a bit first.

Modelsport

<b><span style="background:url(http://tinyurl.com/
Donator
Way 2 late for this, it'll just finish off the remaining players now.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
I voted yes on this pole, however there is a solution to this problem. We just need to go through the scripts and re evaluate the current price of all items, i.e cars, electronics etc and make them more reflective of our current economic stature.

Either way, we cannot continue having a rich player base with a cheap economy.

TreyDot

Although my response may be rather futile as Weelan and Modelsport pointed out, I voted yes because I personally believe it would have a positive impact on the server in terms of roleplay.

A complete server wipe would be an insanely drastic decision, but I'm sure the Admins and the Owner will have the confidence to talk this out through group chat. Perhaps they'll reach a agreeable conclusion for both sides ( "Yes" and "No" ) that we never foresaw? Who knows.

All I know is that I find it a bit troublesome to see everyone driving around in super cars, to me. Nothing like seeing a good ol' Primo on the road to remind you that the economy is going GREAT!

Jokes aside, this will either completely destroy MTARP or "save" MTARP. It is wise for this to be discussed more before making a rash decision, hence what I said about the administrators convening.

GamingBox

[b] Staff? Idk even anymore [/b]
What I say about all this. Only 2 quotes

Alexander the Great said:
There is nothing impossible to him who will try

Elbert Hubbard said:
An Idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea at all

So yeah +1 on dis one Malachi

Malachi

Honestly I think that a reset is the only way to regain a good amount of our previous players, as well as the other suggestions I made in the post. Obviously we will loose some players but those players are players we don't need in our community, those players are statwhores and moneywhores people who do not contribute to the RP at all. Plus the ratio of incoming competent roleplayers compared to leaving play2winners is far greater.

Ryota

Roleplay +
Donator
Most of the old players moved on to other servers that have more stuff to do, better scripts, better radios, better options in car modifications, we have some scripts, but still less to do overall, but that's not important right? The old players are most likely never coming back. Be happy that we still have players. I hate statwhores and moneywhores just like the next guy, but without them we would have even less people on daily.

Current players will dwindle even more and leave the server more dead than it already is, you take away the stuff the non-statwhores earned legitimately you basically say "Hey guess what, fuck off" and then they just leave to go to other servers. People got bored here, they switch servers and be statwhores there.

I tried the other servers. Personally I'd rather play here. Before people get bitchy about even referencing other servers.

derbi

<i><b><span style="color:#0077FF;"t>Estonian<br />
Donator
Honestly I think that a reset is the only way to regain a good amount of our previous players, as well as the other suggestions I made in the post. Obviously we will loose some players but those players are players we don't need in our community, those players are statwhores and moneywhores people who do not contribute to the RP at all. Plus the ratio of incoming competent roleplayers compared to leaving play2winners is far greater.

What you say all about that money what people has donated? They just lose that donated money and they have nothing. Have you thinked about it too?

Dignitize

Banned User
Donator
Why are people even still replying to this? It's just creating spam for something that will never happen.

Malachi

What you say all about that money what people has donated? They just lose that donated money and they have nothing. Have you thinked about it too?

Have you even read my thread?
"We would also be required to reimburse the donators with vPoints, simply just tally the amount they purchased. (Donators within the last year) and give them the amount. Plus players with 1,000,000 or more will recieve vPoints equivalent to the amount of money they have, Money/200000 = vPoints. I say 200,000 because that is the range that vPoints are usually worth of the F5 (this can be done automaticly with a script). Players with V12s and V16s will also be reinbursed, just providing them 20 vPoints for V12 and however many vPoints for each V16. Properties can be done by calculating the amount of money they are worth and dividing it by 200,000 again = vPoints. Players with 1,000,000 or more can recieve a small starting bonus. $50,000 maybe."

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png