sUp5rET.png

Rp in police and illegal

lnanch1988

Right i am Illegal all over and i do like a cop chase but to be fair as a illegal character that has drugs/guns probably wanted . when i get pulled over and asked to step out the vehicle even if crossed a BZR then i know what your up to . Also i very doubt i would risk myself being searched being armed ect ect... So i don't go looking for a chase if thats what your thinking normally its me not paying 100% attention and speeding to much or not stopping at BZR and mabe being caught punching someone.

But on these chases since i got back last couple days .

I don't think minor RP should take affect in a big police chase like a slight knock to the car as it just ruins the whole chase only time i think RP should be considered is when its a big crash thats obvious it would cause damage not just tapping someone.

I don't believe in police cars RAMMING somoene so they have to stop and RP to benefit them as they will argue you to RP and in that time they've got you surrounded cornered and blocked in. Your only human and being in a police car will not save you from ramming someone . Also a policemen would not ram someone to hurt them if possibly kill someone specially just a chase it has to STOP. if it happens i believe the COPPER should face a CK if hit hard enough and should be up to admin watching and be realistic . This goes for the Illegal Player also no ramming at all . fair enough if your in a truck or Swat car but still should be looked at more carefully .

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Right i am Illegal all over and i do like a cop chase but to be fair as a illegal character that has drugs/guns probably wanted . when i get pulled over and asked to step out the vehicle even if crossed a BZR then i know what your up to . Also i very doubt i would risk myself being searched being armed ect ect... So i don't go looking for a chase if thats what your thinking normally its me not paying 100% attention and speeding to much or not stopping at BZR and mabe being caught punching someone.

But on these chases since i got back last couple days .

I don't think minor RP should take affect in a big police chase like a slight knock to the car as it just ruins the whole chase only time i think RP should be considered is when its a big crash thats obvious it would cause damage not just tapping someone.

I don't believe in police cars RAMMING somoene so they have to stop and RP to benefit them as they will argue you to RP and in that time they've got you surrounded cornered and blocked in. Your only human and being in a police car will not save you from ramming someone . Also a policemen would not ram someone to hurt them if possibly kill someone specially just a chase it has to STOP. if it happens i believe the COPPER should face a CK if hit hard enough and should be up to admin watching and be realistic . This goes for the Illegal Player also no ramming at all . fair enough if your in a truck or Swat car but still should be looked at more carefully .

Police are trained to ram vehicles IRL

Google: "Police PIT Training"

IlikeTrains

Banned User
I think Luka is over reacting abit and there is no need for the comment, all hes doing is voicing an opinion. No harm nor foul.

Look let me say first of all that this has been a discussion for a long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long time. So please do not get your hopes up about anything changing because it wont, simple as.

I do agree with the whole BZR thing, I think PD use this as a way to get to search certain players as they know more than likely they can get a more serious charge added. I feel that PD should separate their members into Patrol units and normal PD, they have seperate cruisers set out for this and a separate channel for patrolling units, however again nothing will change.

With regards to the minor RP and the ramming, again I am behind that, I have heard that many other servers use this method of code 2 and I feel it would work well...... but again don't expect it to change.

I have nothing against the player of the PD, some are good solid rp'er looking to have some fun, however I just feel there has been a fall in standard expected from the PD. The PD have now got some solid ways to catch suspects that are abit shady (such as the ones you have named) and they have been implented into the servers as rule and unfortunatly they dont want to change that.

My advice, either don't carry anything illegal on you, because you will be pulled over and you will be searched or if you have anything illegal on you run, don't use your weapon because as soon as you do they reports of FR or Dm will flood in, making it a shitshow of QQ and OOC from both side and the rp will just be voided or end up in someone getting jailed, that's just my opinion on the matter, I am certain that there will others who think that PD have the harder time but we all know the truth.....

Side note. Regarding Joses last comment about IRL ramming, I am no cop myself IRL but I am fairly sure there are a lot of protocols that PD have to go through to initiate a ram, which I have never once seen being attempted by PD on the server.

Legend

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka

I think Luka is over reacting abit and there is no need for the comment, all hes doing is voicing an opinion. No harm nor foul.

Look let me say first of all that this has been a discussion for a long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long time. So please do not get your hopes up about anything changing because it wont, simple as.

I do agree with the whole BZR thing, I think PD use this as a way to get to search certain players as they know more than likely they can get a more serious charge added. I feel that PD should separate their members into Patrol units and normal PD, they have seperate cruisers set out for this and a separate channel for patrolling units, however again nothing will change.

With regards to the minor RP and the ramming, again I am behind that, I have heard that many other servers use this method of code 2 and I feel it would work well...... but again don't expect it to change.

I have nothing against the player of the PD, some are good solid rp'er looking to have some fun, however I just feel there has been a fall in standard expected from the PD. The PD have now got some solid ways to catch suspects that are abit shady (such as the ones you have named) and they have been implented into the servers as rule and unfortunatly they dont want to change that.

My advice, either don't carry anything illegal on you, because you will be pulled over and you will be searched or if you have anything illegal on you run, don't use your weapon because as soon as you do they reports of FR or Dm will flood in, making it a shitshow of QQ and OOC from both side and the rp will just be voided or end up in someone getting jailed, that's just my opinion on the matter, I am certain that there will others who think that PD have the harder time but we all know the truth.....

Side note. Regarding Joses last comment about IRL ramming, I am no cop myself IRL but I am fairly sure there are a lot of protocols that PD have to go through to initiate a ram, which I have never once seen being attempted by PD on the server.

Legend

I indeed overreacted, my apologies. Anyhow, I agree with Legend on this one, PD is just seeking for action instead of actual roleplaying, they'd rather do a shootout or a swat situation than roleplay giving someone a ticket for a broken back light (we should actually do this lol). It's a shame to see what PD has become now, and by that I'm not offending the leaders but the members, do you even Roleplay at all? Few days ago I got PMs from two guys asking me to "reinstate" them even though they never were in LSPD, and once I found that out they begged me to let them in just for, qouting: "shooting all these crazy drivers". Embarrassment is what LSPD has became.

lnanch1988

I'm just trying to help the server . Police would not ram someone in real life for crossing a BZR or even speeding specially at speed what would result in death. Luka I'm not even complaining im just stating my point . There needs to be more excitement to the server for new comers to see. I understand trying to make them spin and that but not full on suicide ahah .

Look I'm just basically trying to get police chases more affective not happening and ending in 30 seconds because someone has scrapped a wall and gets forced to RP . I believe in the whole ramming but not at a ridiculous speed like I said it should end in a CK because that's more or less first resort it's still attempted murder . I've not onced complained and full on moan on the server for this happening this is why I'm trying to make things possibly better and if people agree they agree .

Retex

Banned User
Donator
Hey bro, Me personally have had issues with this before, BUT, the thing is, if we changed it so cops just follow people around, People go on cop chases for no reason and always get away, then the whole cop thing will just become a joke so there is no point of us changing it. However, you can proceed to the ticket center to see if it gets approved. i have a few ideas in mind, but arnt allowed to say it here so. Good luck with ticket center i guess. Also, We want the server players to know, when something illegal happens, Police is the go-to spot. which is why i highly doubt, this thing you are suggesting will go through/ but, you can try..

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I indeed overreacted, my apologies. Anyhow, I agree with Legend on this one, PD is just seeking for action instead of actual roleplaying, they'd rather do a shootout or a swat situation than roleplay giving someone a ticket for a broken back light (we should actually do this lol). It's a shame to see what PD has become now, and by that I'm not offending the leaders but the members, do you even Roleplay at all? Few days ago I got PMs from two guys asking me to "reinstate" them even though they never were in LSPD, and once I found that out they begged me to let them in just for, qouting: "shooting all these crazy drivers". Embarrassment is what LSPD has became.
+1

lnanch1988

I'm trying to get people involved in this idea instead of going ticket centre as i'll sooner see if people agree or not .

Basically my idea is for a Major police chase or a police chase is

#1 Ramming shouldn't be allowed at a serious speed what would in real life result in death for both.

#2 Only having to RP major crashes not just scrapes allowing it to be more realistic then having to stop every 10 seconds and the RP of the chase not lasting long at all.

#3 I believe if a police officer does Crash into you or try and ram you at a stupid speed then a CK or atleast a first resort resulting in if the guy does kill the officer afterwards or friend it should still count as the officer attempting to kill you . as in real life if a police officer killed someone ramming them at a stupid speed depending on crime there be punished.

#4 This is not just police this is for the person chasing also. If you think you can drive of a stupid cliff landing you should have to RP or crash into the officer yourself then it should be same result as a officer.

Please say ideas you would like to add or if you agree with this . Yes people have said about talks of this in the past ect ect... But i believe this would be so much better for police and the other players.

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I'm just trying to help the server . Police would not ram someone in real life for crossing a BZR or even speeding specially at speed what would result in death. Luka I'm not even complaining im just stating my point . There needs to be more excitement to the server for new comers to see. I understand trying to make them spin and that but not full on suicide ahah .

Look I'm just basically trying to get police chases more affective not happening and ending in 30 seconds because someone has scrapped a wall and gets forced to RP . I believe in the whole ramming but not at a ridiculous speed like I said it should end in a CK because that's more or less first resort it's still attempted murder . I've not onced complained and full on moan on the server for this happening this is why I'm trying to make things possibly better and if people agree they agree .

If someone rams your car you're not going to die, this isnt GTA V where you just tap a car and the driver dies head against the wheel, lol

DrJoseEvil

Donator
I'm trying to get people involved in this idea instead of going ticket centre as i'll sooner see if people agree or not .

Basically my idea is for a Major police chase or a police chase is

#1 Ramming shouldn't be allowed at a serious speed what would in real life result in death for both.

#2 Only having to RP major crashes not just scrapes allowing it to be more realistic then having to stop every 10 seconds and the RP of the chase not lasting long at all.

#3 I believe if a police officer does Crash into you or try and ram you at a stupid speed then a CK or atleast a first resort resulting in if the guy does kill the officer afterwards or friend it should still count as the officer attempting to kill you . as in real life if a police officer killed someone ramming them at a stupid speed depending on crime there be punished.

#4 This is not just police this is for the person chasing also. If you think you can drive of a stupid cliff landing you should have to RP or crash into the officer yourself then it should be same result as a officer.

Please say ideas you would like to add or if you agree with this . Yes people have said about talks of this in the past ect ect... But i believe this would be so much better for police and the other players.

#1 - This is a IC issue, police are trained when and when not to ram.

#2 I agree

#3 Only flying out the window during a police chase is a CK, or if you fall off a cliff, ect ect

#4 This is already a thing.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
If anything I think it's BS that PD has to drive backwards when the criminal crashes, but criminal does not have to stop when PD crashes.. anyone?

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
Hey bro, Me personally have had issues with this before, BUT, the thing is, if we changed it so cops just follow people around, People go on cop chases for no reason and always get away, then the whole cop thing will just become a joke so there is no point of us changing it. However, you can proceed to the ticket center to see if it gets approved. i have a few ideas in mind, but arnt allowed to say it here so. Good luck with ticket center i guess. Also, We want the server players to know, when something illegal happens, Police is the go-to spot. which is why i highly doubt, this thing you are suggesting will go through/ but, you can try..

Most of the time you're on your cop alt..

if we changed it so cops just follow people around
I get followed by every day for no reason

People go on cop chases for no reason and always get away, then the whole cop thing will just become a joke so there is no point of us changing it.

1. People go on cop chases because PD has nothing better to do than drive around in speedmodded vehicles trying to find a reason to chase / kill / arrest people
2. The cop roleplay on MTA:RP is already a joke. It cannot become something it already is.

If anything I think it's BS that PD has to drive backwards when the criminal crashes, but criminal does not have to stop when PD crashes.. anyone?

Because the PD are the ones chasing the criminals. When a criminal crashes and the PD does not return to where they were when the crash occurred, they are creating an uneven (and also Out of Character) advantage for themselves as they are basically abusing the time it takes to type out a /me compared to the 2-3 seconds it would take for the event to unfold in real life.

lnanch1988

I'm not saying if you ram someone at 10khm but if your going 100-120khm im pretty sure your die even much less then that or you would sseriously damage yourself

Luka

the PD are the ones chasing the criminals. When a criminal crashes and the PD does not return to where they were when the crash occurred, they are creating an uneven (and also Out of Character) advantage for themselves as they are basically abusing the time it takes to type out a /me compared to the 2-3 seconds it would take for the event to unfold in real life.

Thank you!

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Because the PD are the ones chasing the criminals. When a criminal crashes and the PD does not return to where they were when the crash occurred, they are creating an uneven (and also Out of Character) advantage for themselves as they are basically abusing the time it takes to type out a /me compared to the 2-3 seconds it would take for the event to unfold in real life.

Still.. it's an uneven advantage for PD then.

Criminals > PD

Also I think that criminals should need a VALID reason to run, not just because they know they can outrun PD.

IlikeTrains

Banned User
Still.. it's an uneven advantage for PD then.

Criminals > PD

Also I think that criminals should need a VALID reason to run, not just because they know they can outrun PD.

When I read this I was like "Fuck yeah" then I realized what you were saying..... and you want to add yet another rule onto the illegal players, are you mental?!
So far this is what we (as illegal criminals) have to put up with in regards to the PD:

Rules designed to stop/disturb criminal RP such as:

12. Any major roleplay event, such as a bank robbery or ‘riot’, must be pre-approved via the Head Administration. Your actions will be voided and you may be subject to administrator punishment.
25. Weapons should be used realistically. Using a gun as your first choice can be considered First Resort and punishable by the administration. (Even though PD can pull out MP5/M4 without any hesitation/risk)
27. Arson requests must be cleared via a Level Three administrator or higher.
32. The blatant acts of criminal activity in public areas (Verona Mall , Bank, ect) can result in police notification by the administration. Likewise criminal activity in government buildings (Hospitals, police departments, etc.) is strictly prohibited without pre-approved permission from a Level Four administrator or higher.
33. Burglary of a house must be approved by a Level Two administrator and proper reasoning must be supplied.

And just general things that are clearly bias towards the PD
The PD Ck rule
Police/Gov/Criminal Ratio
Free guns for PD members
Free vehicles for PD members
V-12 on standard cruisers
No form of investigation for corruption within the PD allowing members to act however they want (IC or OOC)

IRL there are no rules for criminals, they dont have to have a reason to break into a house other than they want some shit, there are too many rules to follow for criminals in this server. When I joined the general idea I got was "You can do anything you want" however the vibe Im getting now is "You can do anything you want............ as long as you jump through the many hoops we have made in order to stop you from doing said activity"

So yeah................. "Criminals > PD"........Dont make me laugh

I_Am_Legend

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
When I read this I was like "Fuck yeah" then I realized what you were saying..... and you want to add yet another rule onto the illegal players, are you mental?!
So far this is what we (as illegal criminals) have to put up with in regards to the PD:

Rules designed to stop/disturb criminal RP such as:

12. Any major roleplay event, such as a bank robbery or ‘riot’, must be pre-approved via the Head Administration. Your actions will be voided and you may be subject to administrator punishment.
25. Weapons should be used realistically. Using a gun as your first choice can be considered First Resort and punishable by the administration. (Even though PD can pull out MP5/M4 without any hesitation/risk)
27. Arson requests must be cleared via a Level Three administrator or higher.
32. The blatant acts of criminal activity in public areas (Verona Mall , Bank, ect) can result in police notification by the administration. Likewise criminal activity in government buildings (Hospitals, police departments, etc.) is strictly prohibited without pre-approved permission from a Level Four administrator or higher.
33. Burglary of a house must be approved by a Level Two administrator and proper reasoning must be supplied.

And just general things that are clearly bias towards the PD
The PD Ck rule
Free guns for PD members
No form of investigation for corruption within the PD allowing members to act however they want (IC or OOC)

IRL there are no rules for criminals, they dont have to have a reason to break into a house other than they want some shit, there are too many rules to follow for criminals in this server. When I joined the general idea I got was "You can do anything you want" however the vibe Im getting now is "You can do anything you want............ as long as you jump through the many hoops we have made in order to stop you from doing said activity"

So yeah................. "Criminals > PD"........Dont make me laugh

I_Am_Legend

I voice my opinion, just as you did yours.

CanadianBacon

<strong><b><span style="color:#9E00BD;">$$$<b>
The PD Ck rule
This was put in place to even out the odds a little bit. A criminal shoots a cop, the cop is PK'd. The cop shoots back, it turns into a CK. If anything this is more fair to the criminals in some circumstances. It is meant to try and make criminals think twice before opening fire towards police officers.
I'm not completely sure as to what you mean here, but the criminals outnumber the PD most of the time.
So you want us to chase 25/50 pwr vehicles with standard and stock LSPD cruisers? ok.
Free guns for PD members
You want us to pay for our weapons, just for us to die afterwards and lose them? ok.
Our vehicles were paid for years ago, along with the V12s.
I disagree with needing Head approval for Riots, yet bank robberies make sense to be restricted.
A lot of illegal RPers don't listen to this rule, and use "I couldn't get out" as an excuse all the time, resulting in the PD having more of a trigger finger when it comes to those types of situations.
This is realistic. It's designed like that so the PD can actually see what's going on. There aren't 40-50 cops patrolling the streets all the time.

Please, before you start bashing on the police forces with a one-sided argument, try joining the faction yourself and see what it is like for a change. Sure, there are too many rules put in play to hinder the criminal RP, but that is because that's all anyone does anymore.

sUp5rET.png