sUp5rET.png

RPing as a Community

J.O.B

[SUP]Well, now that we have The Role Play Guru's Complete Guide to RP, by Mittell Buurman ; which is a great guide, and everyone should check it out - I'd like to say that we need to not only take his knowledge into consideration, but we should take it a step forward, as a community. I know we've all noticed the quote-unquote "noobs" at Idlewood Gas, that seems to be trying, but just isn't up to our standards to acknowledge. This, is a bad move ; not only does it give the player the idea that we aren't accepting them, it gives MTA the feeling that our server just doesn't accept new players. We shouldn't single these "noobs" out, we should embrace them with our Role Play, and help them to be a better Role Player in the future. This brings me to my actual point with this topic, "RPing as a Community".

There seems to be a high amount of players just itching to kill someone with their guns, and the other half just standing around like a zombie waiting to sell guns/drugs. This may be realistic, as Los Santos is based on L-A, however - the drug/gun dealers in Los Angeles have motives, desire, passion, and most of all FEAR. Fear, now isn't that something we all seem to just hate? Doesn't it suck to lose in a Role Play? Isn't it just the most fucked up thing to actually be on the losing end for once? Now, I'm not raging or any of that monkey business, I'm being serious. It's sad that we resort to having binds where we pull out a pistol, and then just aim at the head and kill. Now, I know murder is frequent in certain ghettos, but does it have to happen all day - every day? We should put more effort in our player's thoughts, emotions, pain, and even guilt - it may sound like it's too much work, but it pays off. Not only will the Role Play level increase, your love for the character(s) you and your friends are RPing each day.

Is it better to gain a few more stats at the end of the day, or to gain more intellect for your character? Actually put yourself in your character's shoes - Seriously, picture the life you have gave your character or do you agree that he/she might have some serious issues? Or maybe they feel like they are missing out on certain things in life? I understand that you don't want to log into the server to RP who you are in real life, and I totally agree. I'm a pothead that's too young to go to a club, and I stay too baked to be out shooting my foes - so, yes, at times I want to RP a gangster that "Straight up don't give a fuck!". But, it's becoming to the point where people focus more on the GAME sides of things, then the actual joy of RPing - which I think is far more superior to a fat IG bank account, or the amount of ammo you have. So, people, please if you see a "noob", help them! Instead of bringing a clusterfuck of bodies to your character's neighborhood, do some general hood roleplay - smoke some weed, drink some forties, go around town hollering at the "bapes"! I promise you, this may be boring and even slow at first - but just think about what our community could be if every player actually works together to make a more realistic, and dynamic functioning town. For example, instead of being the crack dealer, become the crack head and role play the pain and misery you embark on your long journey to rehab/jail/death. This is all I have to say on this topic for now, I'm sure that as time passes I will add to this - so keep checking back. Have a good day, peace. Also, if you need anything PM me, or hell - PM me in game. My names are : Radley Strickland, Julius Williams, Hector Garcia, and Amanda Williams.

- J.O.B
[/SUP]

R

rascal

I agree with JOB 100%. I have Rp'ed with him for quite a while wayyy before this MTA RP. What I been seeing here in MTA with gangs, is killing and dealing. What happened to hood RP? A nigga could rob you all blind while you all go shoot and kill each other. No one is in their hoods. I have RPly smoke pot in all of your neighborhoods and not seen any of you guys. Seems a lot like money is what everyone cares about. coming from someone who ran everything at one point, having a lot of money is boring, and that's prolly why a lot of Illegal Rpers have been taken on killing. I find myself not RPing because of the fact that everyone want to rob, kill, get rich. With that said, Hood Rp or just passive RP is good for the RPing soul. When was the last time your character actually Rply ate? not because you Needed life, but just because Rply you would be starved.

Passive Rp is the back bone of Roleplaying. Here is where after a big RP situation, the RP can keep going. Like after robbing a store, actually split the money RPly with /me and /do's rather than split the money by /pay. Or after buying weed, just hit "I" and click on the item. Rp pulling a pipe out, packing the bowl, and lighting up. Passive RP keeps you from getting bored. People wait for Big RP to happen and go OMFG that was great. But you can have just as much fun, just sitting around and talking. I have yet to pass or see people sitting in the park, or on a bench or anywhere. Never seen someone lay on the beach, go fishing, or something other than shooting, killing, robbing. Thats why you get bored. Because you do the exact same thing and then you say, "This sucks."

Try Passive RP. I think that is where things get real. Like shit is about to go down.. Eat, talk a walk in the park, go get a tan, catch some fish, go camping, go hunting, RP smoke weed with a bong or pipe, or Rp being high somewhere and make people be all like WTF? and OMFG!

Have fun IG and come smoke with me if you see me. :)

Chase

You've out done everything once again. Devin got CKed just yesterday when on SWAT, 30 seconds later back on an alt and the guy was CKed and we all celebrated.

Just aimed and killed, pretty ridiculous. But guess who it was, Neversay.

Last edited by a moderator:
sUp5rET.png