Server Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renars12

<b><span style="color:#094ebd ;">Super Administrat
COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Server Reset Vote

On Behalf of the Community Management Team

After listening to a few off peoples ideas on what to do with MTA:RP there has been a lot off good ideas, But the most common one was a full server reset,
This would give players more Role playing opportunity since nearly everyone on the server has millions off dollars IC currency of course,
And if the reset would take part it would open up a lot off new role play even small business would matter on the server,
I Have seen people come maybe once every 2 weeks just to keep their stuff but not to role play so I think the server reset would be a good idea and perhaps could bring MTA:RP back to what it once was.
Also this could be a good thing for the servers' economy.

After receiving various ideas regarding MTA:RP's state. There has been multiple outstanding ones. But the most common were queries regarding a full server reset. This would give players the opportunity to harbor more Role Play opportunities, as everyone on the server will have to go through the process of obtaining IC money. Therefor small business will open up. Which is one of the properties of this proposal that will boost the Role Play opportunities significantly.

Now some people will be against this proposal. And it is quite easy to understand naysayers. Though the only reason why they would have such a view, is simply because they would either want a refund(Which nobody will receive) or they are stat whores. You know, the type that log on once every two weeks to avoid their properties being removed. And it's good though, to remove all the stat whores. As they literally have no contribution to any role-play.

I've compiled a comparison shot 'table'. In which the pros and cons of this reset will be mentioned:

Pros of a full reset
1. Will revive more role play opportunities.
2. Money will no longer be a 'given' or 'an easy to be obtained' feature.
3. Might draw back some ex community members as well as new players.
5. The city hall jobs will actually be used again. As usually people just buy and sell VP or fortune of hoarding modded cars and selling them later.
6. It will give people a reason to role-play. As they will require to in order to make money.

Cons of a full reset
1. Zero refunds.
2. Loss of all characters.
3. Lose off all stats (money/cars/properties etc).

NOTE: All characters will be deleted and completely scraped off the server. Though you will still have your ROLEPLAY+ as well as TOTAL HOURS (As well as other tags) that you have gained throughout your account.

Currently, we don't have many options regarding what we should do with the server. Though, various players have contacted us on behalf of a reset. As there's literally nothing to do in game. And this reset, well... will most likely change that. And as a bonus -get rid of all the stat whores ;)

Take this opportunity to vote whether a reset should take place or not.

Kind Regards

Renars
Community Management Team

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator
What is this gonna do different than the other 50 times..?

Renars12

<b><span style="color:#094ebd ;">Super Administrat
Do a full reset instead off just a rollback and then people getting refunded and such.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
I hope we'll change major OOC factors that fucks up the economy.

AdamZZ

Roleplay + member
Donator
- Tried it before, didn't work.
- You will fuck the RP environment more than it already is fucked. (Think about it, everyone losing their money all of a sudden for no genuine reason? It'll just fuck with existing character immersion. )
Removes any unique qualities that this server has.
Wastes peoples money. - Donators, people that donated to help the server. That's one way to show 'em the middle finger. (thanks by the by..)

It's funny how you refer to everyone who disagrees as 'statwhores' straight away too. I have 1 V16, 2 V12's, along with two properties. - I'm also leading a faction in game, within RP+ and the likes, though.. People like me, we don't contribute to the 'Rp' on the server, and of'course, I'm clearly a statwhore.

I've seen multiple people who '+1'd' here who are literally the exact thing you described 'People that log in twice a week, either to keep their shit or to fuck about.'

Eh, once, -if- this does happen, I can guarantee you'd lose at the very least one player, me.

On the other hand, I think that if statwhores and the likes are seen as such major issues, I'd simply add a different sort of inactivity scanner. Add a set time that players have to be on per week, five hours minimum for example, if not, reset their stats. Something like that'd surely wash out any inactive people who horde stats.

Zander

<center><span style="color:#FFA200;"t>MTA:RP VET<b
- Tried it before, didn't work.
- You will fuck the RP environment more than it already is fucked. (Think about it, everyone losing their money all of a sudden for no genuine reason? It'll just fuck with existing character immersion. )
Removes any unique qualities that this server has.
Wastes peoples money. - Donators, people that donated to help the server. That's one way to show 'em the middle finger. (thanks by the by..)

It's funny how you refer to everyone who disagrees as 'statwhores' straight away too. I have 1 V16, 2 V12's, along with two properties. - I'm also leading a faction in game, within RP+ and the likes, though.. People like me, we don't contribute to the 'Rp' on the server, and of'course, I'm clearly a statwhore.

I've seen multiple people who '+1'd' here who are literally the exact thing you described 'People that log in twice a week, either to keep their shit or to fuck about.'

Eh, once, -if- this does happen, I can guarantee you'd lose at the very least one player, me.

On the other hand, I think that if statwhores and the likes are seen as such major issues, I'd simply add a different sort of inactivity scanner. Add a set time that players have to be on per week, five hours minimum for example, if not, reset their stats. Something like that'd surely wash out any inactive people who horde stats.

6 vehs, 4 props.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
I think we should work with a 'Reward RP' motto after the reset. By removing all pay to win features. To avoid players from actually bypassing potential RP. Take for example vehicle mods. We love them, though they are one of the the biggest RP destroyers. As you only throw a large sum of VPs and you get what you want. Right? We should be implementing these steps that will help revive mechanic RP. Which should be the biggest next to Gang/Mafia/LEO RP.

1. Vehicle speed mods by donating must be removed.
2. Players will be forced to visit a mechanic, and discuss what they wish to modify/install in their vehicle.
3. The mechanic, will have to explain what parts they will modify/install. And create a quote which should be somewhat standardized. The quote should include the mechanic's service fee + the parts fees.
4. Mechanics should obtain the part RP'ly, or just /charity a required fund. The logs of the RP should also be sent to staff and be kept as a reference. If the RP does not suffice, the vehicle modification request should be canceled.
5. After it's approved, staff should set the v12/16 on the vehicle.

This is just an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
Doubt it will help anything at all... Most of the people who still play here have donated and only come on to drift in their speedmodded vehs, they'll rage and most likely quit MTA:RP. Those who stay will just donate and get their stats back up in no time. English RP is dead on MTA anyway imo, I don't think there's anything that'll change that at this point in time. Best bet to survive as a community? Switch to SAMP (yes there's less scripting capabilities, but there's a bigger English speaking RP playerbase there).

TrojanJustin

Donator
Donator
I'll vote for a reset i don't mind loosing all my shit to be honest, once it doesn't have pay to win shit that in a few days you'll just see people with millions again.

-TrojanJustin

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Well to be fair. The other '50 resets' were only just resets. There was no plans set in place to help avoid 90% of the server becoming nearly billionaires.

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Well to be fair. The other '50 resets' were only just resets. There was no plans set in place to help avoid 90% of the server becoming nearly billionaires.
That’s where you’re 100% wrong. Matt and I did a reset. We changed job payouts, we re did the whole servers economy. It didn’t help. People worked up became millionaires and created a bigger gap in the economy than there is now.

What should be done is the opposite. Change the servers market to reflect the current economy. Raise car prices, raise shop prices, interiors, etc. and also raise the damn starting money.

Sometimes hitting the reset button doesn’t work - and this is a prime example. We need to take what we have and grow and move with it. End of rant.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
That’s where you’re 100% wrong. Matt and I did a reset. We changed job payouts, we re did the whole servers economy. It didn’t help. People worked up became millionaires and created a bigger gap in the economy than there is now.

What should be done is the opposite. Change the servers market to reflect the current economy. Raise car prices, raise shop prices, interiors, etc. and also raise the damn starting money.

Sometimes hitting the reset button doesn’t work - and this is a prime example. We need to take what we have and grow and move with it. End of rant.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png