sUp5rET.png

Single Police Department

Should the SAPD merge into the LSPD

• Total voters

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Well... I'm curious as to your guys opinion. Would you rather one PD or keep it as is? Keep in mind, the SAPD will go into the LSPD, not the other way around. It's only fair seeing as Alberto paid for his, and his department isn't the one slacking.

We've lost a few key members the past two weeks and it's getting hard to keep up. I do have a few ideas to get the SAPD back up (I have been neglecting my duties in it unfortunately), but I'd rather see what the community thinks before trying anything.

So, your opinion? Majority rules.

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Yes. It's more RP with one department, and it will also make IC decisions by the department easier to make(?)

Alberto

Donator
Donator
Beatty Go ahead Merge, I'm getting inactive, but i will come back, collage things. So keep a rank for me!

Cali4Life

Donator
Donator
I really want this to happen Beatty. Its smart. Plus no more PD hate. We hate on each other a lot... (I'll admit that) There would also be less confusion on department radio.

Jockeyzz

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
I know something awesome for the PD though. Make a cops like TV serie RPly. You can like have a camera in the car and stuff, would be epic.

DBoy814

Only reason I disagree is because irl where I live Houston Texas we have like 15 different pds in the city so if this is rp server make it like rl. We obviously no longer have the player base to have more than 2 active pds but I think 2 is just fine

morgfarm1

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
Personally, State and City patrol divisions are normal. Here in my hometown we have the City Police and State police within 5 miles of each other (and in this small town, That's a big distance)
Plus, State and City police have different patrol requirements. State gets to go where they want, City has to stay within city limits and annexed areas. Highways are not permitted for City cruisers unless authorized by the State.

I like the split departments, BUT, If they are not able to hold together easily as one with our playerbase, by All means, merge.

Dom

-1 I don't want to join the LSPD for starters I don't like the location of their HQ it's a bit small. (Although they'll most probably move to the SAPD one) There cruisers are tinted and have custom wheels. They don't have speeded modded cruisers like the SAPD does. I also don't want to take orders from others who doesn't know jack shit about being a Police Officer. I also don't want to lose my Swat perks seeming I'm blue one on the Entry team. Etcetera... The list goes on.

+1 For a bigger department, the SAPD could help the LSPD a lot by making their RCU much better and some of their officers to roleplay more and to also show them what to do. I've heard a few complaints ic about the LSPD for example revoking some one license for running a BZR zone. Unfortunately the witness didn't take note of his badge number or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

strawberryhero

<b><span style="color:#007AA3">Alvin Drako</span><
Donator
Keep in mind that the following is not to attack LSPD or SAPD in any way, thank you.

As we all know, LSPD is known for their lack of RP skills and PD knowledge, and some might even call them "newbies" or "noobs". SAPD is slacking, and inactive as hell. The best thing for everyone would be for SAPD to merge with LSPD, keep all the SAPD rules etc. LSPD would then have way more strict rules, thus the LSPD officers with less knowledge would be gotten rid off, or demoted. With that said, the SAPD officers would need to man up and start doing some freakin' duty stuff instead of slacking and leaving the server.

My conclusion:

+1 for SAPD to merge into LSPD, so that we would have one freaking PD, with good, skilled and active officers instead of what we have now.

Pulse

Donator
Donator
A merge would be good if LSPD got rid of their tinted & custom rim cruisers, and if SAPD could move their speedmods to LSPD cruisers.
I think SWAT/HSU/MSU/ASU members should keep their duty perks / ability to drive/fly the HSU/MSU/ASU vehicles if there was a merge.
^ That would be the only way that I would +1

E

eLst

A merge would be good if LSPD got rid of their tinted & custom rim cruisers, and if SAPD could move their speedmods to LSPD cruisers.
I think SWAT/HSU/MSU/ASU members should keep their duty perks / ability to drive/fly the HSU/MSU/ASU vehicles if there was a merge.
^ That would be the only way that I would +1

Pretty much this, it would be a VERY good idea.

BobbyZ

Donator
Donator
I would say a merge is the best option. SAPD has grown very inactive due to most players leaving for other communities or doing others things outside the game. So i'd say just do it since it's getting pretty hard for SAPD to keep up with their members.

Semih

Donator
Donator
Most of you live in US whilst and seems like you guys do not know about your PD's in every fucking state, you can see a METROPOLIAN Police Department, which is currently LSPD for the server AND there is The State Police of that State therefore merge is bullshit. Only thing I could agree would be LSPD merging into US and SAPD can act as both metropolian and state police department.

And I fully agree with Dom's -1. LSPD cruisers are nonrp and their officers are ranking up very fastly. A normal student can become a PO I in one day lol. Back in August when Dave was leading it was I could become cadet in 2.5 weeks and Po I in 1 month. But I doubt that LSPD's current Assit. Chief of police is in LSPD more than 3 months, whilst I was SAPD member for almost a year, and got Deputy Commissioner recently, don't really wanna lose this rank which I achieved with my hard work, over 9 months.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
The simply fact of the matter is that the strictest in the SAPD, while it makes better officers most of the time, leads to people going inactive or eventually leaving. I can't even get you guys to attend a once a month meeting, that's how bad it's gotten. With Semih completely inactive, Dave busy, and every HC except straberryhero not being active at all recently, it's becoming unsustainable. There are maybe 4 or 5 troopers who login regularly, and while these guys do superb jobs in my opinion, and they'd likely quit if we merge, I can't favor the SAPD. We're inactive, that's that, and no one is doing anything to fix it.

pickens

Yes we do picolol, as there are some members who dont get along with other members of lets say LSPD HC but get allong with SPD HC and yah also this is a old thread and no need to post here.

sUp5rET.png